Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

So which team will Rodgers get traded to after he gets curb stomped in another NFC Championship game?

Or which team will Love get traded to if this defense is as good as I think it could be?

Miami

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Miami

I could see it.  That team is super hungry.  If Flores doesn’t think Tua has it, they’re not going to go down with that ship.  They’re super stacked with talent, too.  I could also see Belichick getting restless, but they won’t have the assets.  The Raiders could do it too.

I just don’t see Denver in the mix for some reason.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I could see it.  That team is super hungry.  If Flores doesn’t think Tua has it, they’re not going to go down with that ship.  They’re super stacked with talent, too.  I could also see Belichick getting restless, but they won’t have the assets.  The Raiders could do it too.

I just don’t see Denver in the mix for some reason.

You might be right because if they don't make the playoffs the coach is likely out and the new guy would likely want to start with a rookie. 

If they make the playoffs they may think the current QB situation is adequate and stand pat. 

Has anyone speculated on the amount of savings the FO will need to manufacture the next offseason? Who should we consider "on the block" if their play declines after this season? I know trading Rodgers saves the first, say, 16M. But you probably need, what, a total of 35M-38M in savings?

My first guesses: Turner (4M savings), Amos (8M savings), Z Smith (16M savings), P Smith (12M savings)

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

Has anyone speculated on the amount of savings the FO will need to manufacture the next offseason? Who should we consider "on the block" if their play declines after this season? I know trading Rodgers saves the first, say, 16M. But you probably need, what, a total of 35M-38M in savings?

My first guesses: Turner (4M savings), Amos (8M savings), Z Smith (16M savings), P Smith (12M savings)

For one I don't think they are resigning Adams. After that it shouldn't be too hard.

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

For one I don't think they are resigning Adams. After that it shouldn't be too hard.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/green-bay-packers/2022/

So even without Adams, they're looking at 31M over the cap. I assume you need an extra 5M-8M for next years draft and a handful of emergency free agents. I'll also assume Cobb bumps that number up even farther. But agreed, I can't see how Adams can be wedged into long term plans without major cuts elsewhere.