Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

14 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I don't know. Between his Jeopardy fantasy (which is never coming true) and his paper ego, I can see him interpreting the league's "failure" to offer the world for him in trade takes him to the place of "I'm taking my video games and going home". 

He read the clues and pronounced his words well but his voice is nasally....

• Like 1

So I’m watching Scott Van Pelt last night after the draft ends, and they’ve got Mel talking about day 2 picks for 10 minutes, before they go to Celtics highlights. Then they go to old Kevin McHale highlights. And I realize, hey, the MVP of the biggest American sports league told his team he wasn’t coming back, and no one on sportscenter has even mentioned it today. 

If this were really real, Schefter would be awake and on my tv. It’s a top 5 famous face in sports telling his team to go screw.

What I’m saying is, not that Rodgers isn’t pissed and doesn’t want things to change, but this was an obvious tantrum. He knows he has no hand here, to use a Seinfeld term. 

Also, last night Gutey wouldn’t talk about Rodgers when fielding questions about Day 2. On day 1, he had no problem effectively confirming that all the Rodgers stuff was real and even talking about hard conversations they were having. Day 1 was a power move from Rodgers and the org confirmed it all because it makes him look like the baby. Day 2, Gute is all business. A big change in tone. Tells me GB and Rodg are talking and they’ll figure this out. 

• Like 1

Can't really blame Rodgers for finally lashing out. Organization wasted his prime years with questionable personnel moves. Definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over, while expecting a different result.  We've already seen Murphy and co. do things their way and there hasn't been that breakthrough we have been expecting, despite playing in a  relatively weak division.

Edited by Howler

Hypothetical Question.  Not knowing how this Rodgers thing plays out.  You get to the 6/7th round, there's a QB you REALLY like.  You got no backup for Love if Rodgers leaves.  Do you take him?  

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Hypothetical Question.  Not knowing how this Rodgers thing plays out.  You get to the 6/7th round, there's a QB you REALLY like.  You got no backup for Love if Rodgers leaves.  Do you take him?  

You need a third QB, so if there is a guy you like, then yes.

They will find at least one camp arm in undrafted free agency as well.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

It's impossible to find a qb that you really line in the 6th round.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Depends on the other talent on the board and our remaining needs - but if the coast is clear, yes. More talent is better talent in my book.

FWIW (and it’s probably worth very little): On a chat last night, Pete Dougherty put the odds of Rodgers playing in GB this year at 20%. 

I don’t really pay much attention to PD, so I have no clue how much credence to give that number, but I thought I’d throw it out there as a data point. 

3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

FWIW (and it’s probably worth very little): On a chat last night, Pete Dougherty put the odds of Rodgers playing in GB this year at 20%. I don’t really pay much attention to PD, so I have no clue how much credence to give that number, but I thought I’d throw it out there as a data point. 

Fine. Then trade his *** to the Toronto Argonauts. As far away from California and the West Coast at possible. In fact, why not make him the flagship member of the first NFL team in London....no....make that Budapest :)

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fine. Then trade his *** to the Toronto Argonauts. As far away from California and the West Coast at possible. In fact, why not make him the flagship member of the first NFL team in London....no....make that Budapest :)

Budapest is a cool place, although its politics is messed up right now. I would suggest Kiev, or Zagreb instead.

• Like 1