Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, CWood21 said:

But what would have happened in the last month to cause that?

The (apparent) chit chat about extensions and contract guarantees to free up cap space.
AR probably wants his place at the table solidified.
The team seems to want to keep its options open.
Or -
AR wants out so he's trying to force the issue.

Take your pick. Nobody knows for sure.

7 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Not buying it.  If he demanded a trade in January, the chances of getting it would be substantially higher than they are now.  This relationship deteriorated recently- probably within the last month, as reported.

I am not sure why the chances of getting a trade would have been better in January.  If the team doesn't want to trade him, then it won't happen unless he forces the situation.  I don't see how he can force the situation in January-  this will be a game of chicken that extends well into camp.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If I had to guess, March 5th was probably the breaking point. Word is Gutey had a pajama-party sleepover and invited Love but not Rodgers. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It does seem like "one grown adult is very angry with another grown adult" should be the sort of thing that two people can just work out.  It's not like anybody died or any crimes were committed.

One of the grown adults doesn't/ didn't talk with his family, so.....

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think as reported, they approached him about a restructure.  He wanted an extension that guarantees he’s the QB for the next 3 years.  The packers declined, and adjusted literally everybody else’s deal they could to resign Jones and keep flexibility to trade Rodgers after 2021.  And I think Rodgers basically said “screw you, you won’t commit to me, I am out.”

Just me trying to read the tea leaves here. 

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Is it though?  His defense is suspect, and has been for most of his career.  I think he wants to pull off what Brady did- get a team with a top defense where he can provide the offensive punch to be dominant team.

Could very well want to do that. Yup.
I also want to go to the moon....but thats not gonna happen.
I'm a believer in contract law.

Rodgers is reportedly miffed that he wasn't notified the Packers were drafting Jordan Love during last years draft.

I immediately thought of a scenario with Bart Starr going into Lombardi's office and telling him he wanted more say in the draft, and how long that conversation would've lasted.    We've come a long way. 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am not sure why the chances of getting a trade would have been better in January.  If the team doesn't want to trade him, then it won't happen unless he forces the situation.  I don't see how he can force the situation in January-  this will be a game of chicken that extends well into camp.

The pressure on Green Bay at that point in time and most importantly, their ability to plan for 2021 and get adequate compensation in a trade would have made it many times easier to trade him.  Now, you aren’t getting a top 10 pick, you can’t sign a bridge QB like Dalton or Fitzpatrick to continue to develop Love, you have no choice but to take a hard line and say you aren’t trading him.