Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

The pressure on Green Bay at that point in time and most importantly, their ability to plan for 2021 and get adequate compensation in a trade would have made it many times easier to trade him.  Now, you aren’t getting a top 10 pick, you can’t sign a bridge QB like Dalton or Fitzpatrick to continue to develop Love, you have no choice but to take a hard line and say you aren’t trading him.

Even if Green Bay was willing to deal Rodgers, post-draft would be an awkward time to do so.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am not saying it is wrong, but it just seems so petty to me.

We have to remember we are dealing with a guy who is ultra sensitive and doesn't get along with his parents or family.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could very well want to do that. Yup.
I also want to go to the moon....but thats not gonna happen.
I'm a believer in contract law.

If I might, I think you are a believer in honoring your commitments.  

He is not doing anything illegal, and the players seem to resent that the team can unilaterally end the contract while they can't, so I can see why they view it differently.

As of right now, can they trade him? They'd take a bigger cap hit than they have space. Post June 1 sounds like it might be possible, but at that point, I'd be tempted to say it's too late for it to make sense, show up for this year and a trade can happen after the season or go pound sand.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Even if Green Bay was willing to deal Rodgers, post-draft would be an awkward time to do so.

Agreed.   Which is why I said trading him back in February would have been more realistic.

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

Agreed.   Which is why I said trading him back in February would have been more realistic.

Except the Packers clearly have no desire to move on from him now, they certainly wouldn't have been interested in February.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except the Packers clearly have no desire to move on from him now, they certainly wouldn't have been interested in February.

They wouldn’t have been happy but they would have had the flexibility to do it.  They don’t now  My post was in response to someone saying trading Rodgers now is easier than back in February.  Which is simply not true.

Edited by Cpdaly23

If this "AR wants Gutey out" stuff is accurate - thats nothing more than AR declaring affirmatively, he's not coming back.

No way in hell the organization fires the GM (or demotes him) because AR has a bug up his ***. Simply not happening.

I suspect AR knows this - which - (again) if these latest reports are accurate - define ARs stance:
I cant live with your GM - I know you cant dump him cause I want it - so get rid of me.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

At this point, I hope the end result is retirement

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

They wouldn’t have been happy but they would have had the flexibility to do it.  They don’t know.  My post was in response to someone saying trading Rodgers now is easier than back in February.  Which is simply not true.

I don't think anybody said that.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

At this point, I hope the end result is retirement

Lol.  Yeah, that would be the best option for the Packers.

Reigning MVP, 37 years old.  Zero trade value.  Let’s have Aaron Rodgers retire a Packer because he means more to the Packers than the Packers do.

Does everybody see why I think of this guy the way I think of this guy?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because there is no scenario where the Packers don't take a huge hit in every possible way

This is the biggest takeaway for me. Gute is ****ting his pants because if he bails on 12 and Love fails, Gute is remembered for this and nothing else the rest of his days. He needs to know that Love is at least competent, but he doesn't yet and Rodgers doesn't want to wait around to find out. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1