Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Yeah, that would be the best option for the Packers.

Reigning MVP, 37 years old.  Zero trade value.  Let’s have Aaron Rodgers retire a Packer because he means more to the Packers than the Packers do.

Does everybody see why I think of this guy the way I think of this guy?

Because that's the only way this thing goes away. That's more important than a draft pick. And I'm not here for your enjoyment or approval.

Edited by cannondale
1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Because that's the only way this thing goes away. That's more important than a draft pick. And I'm not here for your enjoyment

I think with the benefit of hindsight, most packers fans would say they should have granted Favre’s trade request in the summer of 2008 before having things blow up the way they did.

I feel the same way about Rodgers- the team should do all they can to try and repair this, but ultimately if it can’t be done, they should grant Rodgers trade request.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is the biggest takeaway for me. Gute is ****ting his pants because if he bails on 12 and Love fails, Gute is remembered for this and nothing else the rest of his days. He needs to know that Love is at least competent, but he doesn't yet and Rodgers doesn't want to wait around to find out. 

For sure, trial by fire is not a very successful method in QB development. Last year was the worst case scenario for QB development. No off-season camps, no preseason, hard to get a guy ready. 

They both know this, it's why Rodgers is being as big of a d-bag as he is. This has at least granted me closure for one thing. I no longer care if Rodgers wins a 2nd ring, I'd honestly rather see Love get #1 than him get #2 if you told me the Packers were going to win it all next year.

• Like 2

I think they like Rodgers and want him to stay.  However, THEY KNOW QBs that take up that much cap space dont win Super Bowls.   They aren't winning Super Bowls with that contract. PERIOD.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But what would have happened in the last month to cause that?

Contract adjustments? It's no secret that the Packers were/are trying to restructure/extend contracts to meet the COVID cap. The Packer might have suggested something that really upset Rodgers. He probably countered, but they refused to negotiate. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Yeah, that would be the best option for the Packers.

Reigning MVP, 37 years old.  Zero trade value.  Let’s have Aaron Rodgers retire a Packer because he means more to the Packers than the Packers do.

Does everybody see why I think of this guy the way I think of this guy?

I do see that.

I have to admit that I am tired of the morose, petty, unpredictable player he has become.

My Ideal scenario would have been to trade him to Denver for a bunch of first round picks, and see what happens.

With a bunch of first round picks , even if Love is bad, you could combine them with a early first round pick we would have from sucking in 2021 to go get a top prospect. 

I am not looking forward to how this plays out because like I said- I don't see him showing up to camp on time, and I don't see him playing on script in games this year.

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Gute is remembered for this and nothing else the rest of his days.

He's got millions of dollars and a super bowl ring.  I think he'll be fine no matter what.

If the deal is trade or extend AR, we should just trade him. Don't let the exception (Brady) blind you from the rule. AR is 37 and wants to get mega paid again. 3 of the last 4 years AR was either hurt, or just "good." The narrative before last year was he might not be a top 10 QB anymore. 

If we can get him back for 1 more "run it back" year, I'm definitely in favor, but I'd also take a Denver package of Juedy, Surtain, and a 1 next year as it would set us up really well going forward.

19 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

We have to remember we are dealing with a guy who is ultra sensitive and doesn't get along with his parents or family.

Well, the Packers always call themselves a family, so.....

The Favre situation was much harder, all the guy did was suck up to the fans and the organization in the public eye. Hell that Family Night dual screen with the scrimmage on one camera and Favre's plane and SUV on the other with thousands of fans at the airport and stadium lot was legendary. He was definitely being conniving to the FO, but the public image was extremely positive. Everyone wanted him back because of it.

Rodgers ruined draft weekend for all Packers fans, is coming after the organization like he's better than the Packers and is being a piss poor leader and teammate. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Aaron, now we know how your family feels about you.

Fox probably already has the Rodgers ticker all set to go. A little window on the screen that keeps Packer fans informed of his stats and score of the game he's playing. God, just please make it all go away. I desperately wanted to piece things together like the MM fiasco, now I just want him to disappear