Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Sure you can.  There are some details to this story that are absolutely ridiculous (ie Trey Wingo's first report).  Taking all these reports as gospel without one comment from Aaron or anyone that will put their face on it is ridiculous.  

I'm not believing anything until I hear it from 12 or someone in the know that will put their name on these cowardly anonymous reports.

If the reports were false, Aaron would've said something, come on this is common sense. He's active on Twitter and Instagram. If someone was slandering his name, you think he'd just sit there for 3 days and watch? 

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

OK... Do you have a link to reports AR is "demanding control of the franchise"?

Sorry, there is absolutely fire behind this smoke. It popped up on draft day when trading was most likely AND Rodgers hasn't refuted it AND Murphy/Gute haven't refuted it AND it has only grow since it started just prove that. 

I get it, some fans are fans of players over teams. That's their choice. I'm not, I prefer teams over players. In this case I put my faith in the GB front office who thinks not just of one player but of the team long term. A front office that is having a good draft btw. 

Been through this before with Favre. Thanks for the memories, you were a great QB. But you seem like kind of a head case and you aren't going to get (nor should you) GM powers. Either play it out per your contract or retire, the Green Bay Packers will still be here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

If the reports were false, Aaron would've said something, come on this is common sense. He's active on Twitter and Instagram. If someone was slandering his name, you think he'd just sit there for 3 days and watch? 

Not to mention that Mark Murphy and Brian Gutekunst were both happy to tell the public that the reports are true 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

In this case I kind of do. This is about putting the Packers in a pr fire storm and it's working.  

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are we supposed to wait for confirmation to discuss things on a football forum? Lol.

There was definitely a story that Rodgers is done with this team as long as Gute is the GM this AM. 

Oh ya, you're entitled to post your AR hate all you like.  I was just pointing out the absurd reductio-ad-absurdum spin by one of your fellow haters.

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Oh ya, you're entitled to post your AR hate all you like.  I was just pointing out the absurd reductio-ad-absurdum spin by one of your fellow haters.

I'm sure you'll be out there at practice in August to boo Gutey, and chastise Mark Murphy for his "sledding hill." 

• Like 1

Just now, BluePacker said:

Sorry, there is absolutely fire behind this smoke.

Cool... Then is should be easy peasy to post a link to AR "demanding control of the franchise".

Link?

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

In this case I kind of do. This is about putting the Packers in a pr fire storm and it's working.  

I dont see any evidence that its working. Sure - GBs had to talk about stuff they'd rather not discuss publicly - but as far as concrete results........there have been none other than GB making draft picks.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont see any evidence that its working. Sure - GBs had to talk about stuff they'd rather not discuss publicly - but as far as concrete results........there have been none other than GB making draft picks.

I would say it's clear the national media has sided with Aaron, and during this years draft the Love pick has continued to be thrown in the Packers face. The only thing I said was intended was a PR storm, and IMO that is working. He flexed back and embarrassed the Packers during the draft just as he perceives they  embarrassed him. I don't think anything but an extension comes from it. That being said, I still think he made his point and has been able to have Gutey and Murphy be called out in national media...

On a side note, since I am in Florida, how is this being perceived in Wisconsin media? Thats an open question to anyone.

Edited by Toddfather

Just now, Toddfather said:

I would say it's clear the national media has sided with Aaron, and during this years draft the pick has continued to be thrown in the Packers face.

Doesnt matter. Nor do polls on Twitter.