Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Cool... Then is should be easy peasy to post a link to AR "demanding control of the franchise".

Link?

Sorry, but that's a poor take. Let's flip that coin: "Then it should be easy peasy to post a link to AR disputing the rumors of him wanting more control of the franchise". Link?

Or how about ANY AR link over the past few days denying ANY of this? 

I think you are confused regarding the definition of hate. I don't hate Rodgers at all. I think he is one of, if not THE, the greatest QBs ever to play the game. I want him back in GB. But not at the expense of him threatening to retire or pushing for the firing of Gute. To me that's not worth the headache.

Feel free to feel differently, that's your right. But just because you disagree does not make your opinion any more right than mine as neither of us are AR, Gute, or Murphy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Donzo said:

OK... Do you have a link to reports AR is "demanding control of the franchise"?

I'm sorry, do you not have access to the internet to google this yourself? The stories are out there and they broke this morning. It's called google, use it.

21 minutes ago, SSG said:

Sure you can.  There are some details to this story that are absolutely ridiculous (ie Trey Wingo's first report).  Taking all these reports as gospel without one comment from Aaron or anyone that will put their face on it is ridiculous.  

I'm not believing anything until I hear it from 12 or someone in the know that will put their name on these cowardly anonymous reports.

I'll add Mark Schlereth's BS "Rodgers to Denver is about as done a deal as it gets" report that made the rounds. That dumb box of rocks doesn't know shat.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

We kind of knew this already, but now more than ever Gute's legacy hinges entirely on whether he hits on the Love pick.  While none of us know the degree to which this Rodgers story is true, it seems pretty clear that there is some tension right now between Rodgers and the FO.  My assumption has been that Rodgers feels like there is a significant gap between the FO's public messaging of "we are committed to Aaron as our QB for 2021 and beyond" vs what they are offering behind closed doors in the form of an extension/additional guarantees.  I expect Rodgers is looking for a largely guaranteed deal that locks him in as the starter through 2023, and after drafting love, Gute has no interest in making that kind of commitment to Rodgers.

Just now, Leader said:

It doesnt. The teams decision wont be swayed by popular sentiment.

That is not what I have said in the slightest. I responded to the fact that Aaron would go out on social media and discredit the sources as fake because they are using his name. I said, I don't think he would because the whole point of this was to embarrass the Packers like he feels they embarrassed him last year in the draft. In that area this absolutely worked. It dominated the PR world on the first day of the draft. Will it make the Packers trade him or beg for forgiveness? Nope, but you can't 100% say this was an unsuccessful attempt at Aaron making his frustrations felt. The man is not an idiot. He knows he wont be traded, and IMO doesnt want to be traded. He wanted to say **** you, and  he did, and it got the attention he wanted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If the reports were false, Aaron would've said something, come on this is common sense. He's active on Twitter and Instagram. If someone was slandering his name, you think he'd just sit there for 3 days and watch? 

Right and you believe that the Packers promised to trade him this offseason and backed out?  Or that the offensive coaching staff had no say in the Love pick last year?  Trying to figure out which tweets you interpret as cold hard facts and which ones you blow off as BS.  If all these reports are true Aaron Rodgers look like a tool and the Packers look like one of the more inept organizations in the NFL.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Right and you believe that the Packers promised to trade him this offseason and backed out?  Or that the offensive coaching staff had no say in the Love pick last year?  Trying to figure out which tweets you interpret as cold hard facts and which ones you blow off as BS.  If all these reports are true Aaron Rodgers look like a tool and the Packers look like one of the more inept organizations in the NFL.

This isn't an all or nothing situation.

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

That is not what I have said in the slightest. I responded to the fact that Aaron would go out on social media and discredit the sources as fake because they are using his name. I said, I don't think he would because the whole point of this was to embarrass the Packers like he feels they embarrassed him last year in the draft. In that area this absolutely worked. It dominated the PR world on the first day of the draft. , but you can't 100% say this was an unsuccessful attempt at Aaron making his frustrations felt. The man is not an idiot. He knows he wont be traded, and IMO doesnt want to be traded. He wanted to say **** you, and  he did, and it got the attention he wanted.

Oh - ARs intent clearly was to dominate the airwaves and social media. Okay....so he's an ******* who's head has gotten too large and he thinks he's bigger than the team. Got that - but THIS is what I was responding to:

"Will it make the Packers trade him or beg for forgiveness? Nope"

I agree - and thats all that matters to me.

GB might trade his *** somewhere - hopefully for a boatload in return - but it will be on their terms i.e. - only if the return is good enough - NOT - just to get rid of the mess. I'm a NYY fan - and they won a lot of World Series while being a total mess in the locker room. Mess can work.

3 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Sorry, but that's a poor take. Let's flip that coin: "Then it should be easy peasy to post a link to AR disputing the rumors of him wanting more control of the franchise". Link?

Like I originally said to ya, you entitled haters love to make up BS. You fabricate an acusation then say prove me wrong... awfulness

If Rodgers goes on to win a super bowl somewhere else after a protracted holdout, and then Love shows that he's a subpar QB, Gute is going to hang in the court of public opinion, regardless of the overall job that he's done. 

1 minute ago, Howler said:

If Rodgers goes on to win a super bowl somewhere else after a protracted holdout, and then Love shows that he's a subpar QB, Gute is going to hang in the court of public opinion, regardless of the overall job that he's done. 

Don’t you think Gute knows this?  Of course he does.  Everybody understands the stakes.