Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

8 minutes ago, Donzo said:

What a mess of a take that is. Trivial nonsense at its best... Just remmber, your AR hate is stricly your problem and 100% irrelivant. 

Chill out Donzo. You're firing shots all over the place.

And learn how to spell when you get a moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BluePacker said:

Agreed, but also probably true is that anyone with a half of a brain can tell you that there is a 0% chance all of these "reports from unnamed sources" are 100% false.

Completely agree.  I can tell you from listening to Aaron Rodgers talk every week on PM's show that everything absolutely was not rainbows and butterflies for him in GB.   I'd bet that it's someplace in between him being "all good, everything is great in Green Bay" and "he wants full control of the Packers or he's out". 

Aaron Rodgers has nothing but consistent when talking about his concern for his future in Green Bay over the last year.  Rodgers no doubt wants some security and I wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay didn't want him to have it.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Howler said:

If Rodgers goes on to win a super bowl somewhere else after a protracted holdout, and then Love shows that he's a subpar QB, Gute is going to hang in the court of public opinion, regardless of the overall job that he's done. 

And that decision will likely be what ends up costing Gute his gig.  Gute is in between a rock and a hard place.  You either pin your future on Rodgers' prime for the next 2-3 years or you jettison another franchise QB and hope the guy that you took is another franchise QB.  I think it's pretty clear that the Packers wanted Love on the bench for 2 years.

21 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Where Gutey failed was communication. Note, I am not saying he has to run things by Aaron, or owes Aaron anything. However, this is not the first time we have seen issues of poor communication in the Packers management. I am not Aaron,  and can't pretend to be, but if I were in the situation I would probably of wanted a conversation, or assurance. Especially being in a "new" regime  and all the BS with the MM departure. There are a lot of IFs and such. This is a situation that should've never gotten to this point. Multiple parties to blame. I think at the end of the day they sit down, and work it out. However if it ends there are plenty of lessons for multiple people about communication throughout this **** show.

I think it was a failure to communicate and a lack of effort to try to improve on that 2019 roster.  Aaron Rodgers lost to a Tampa team that bent over backwards and made every single move they could make to improve no matter the sacrifice.  Green Bay did the opposite.. They replaced  pro bowl caliber talents with low end Free Agents that are already gone from the team.  They drafted as if this was going to be a burn year or start to a rebuild.  There is no urgency to win a championship like we've seen other teams with aging HOF QBs.

There is a lot of blame to go around.  

Edited by SSG
  • Like 2

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

This should cool things off a bit. He has no reason to go out of his way to express his love for the team if he didn't want a good conclusion out of this.

He probably saw we went offense with 3 picks and chilled out. 

ETA: how do I make things green in iOS?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Chill out Donzo. You're firing shots all over the place.

And learn how to spell when you get a moment.

lol, I cant type on a new phone- something is wrong.

Did you really say chillout- lol...  Holy hypocrite. You've had your panties in a wad all day barking at posters.

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

This should cool things off a bit. He has no reason to go out of his way to express his love for the team if he didn't want a good conclusion out of this.

I took it as him expressing his love for Green Bay the city along with the fans more than the team

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I took it as him expressing his love for Green Bay the city along with the fans more than the team

That's definitely possible, certainly an odd thing to say though for clarities sake if he really is as disgruntled as the media says he is.

4 minutes ago, Donzo said:

lol, I cant type on a new phone- something is wrong.

Did you really say chillout- lol...  Holy hypocrite. You've had your panties in a wad all day barking at posters.

You try too hard. It becomes obvious. End of discussion. We're done here.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron is full of crap .. he and his side are leaking like the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

Agreed. He didn't say there wasn't a rift or that he was disappointed there was one, just that he was disappointed it came out of GB. Which is a crock since it was probably leaked by his side. But oh well! He isn't getting traded this year, he can either play or retire.

16 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Or was he referring to the city of Green Bay?

13 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I don't even think it's the team.  I think it's the FO that he's not happy with.