Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

39 minutes ago, SSG said:

I think it was a failure to communicate and a lack of effort to try to improve on that 2019 roster.  Aaron Rodgers lost to a Tampa team that bent over backwards and made every single move they could make to improve no matter the sacrifice.  Green Bay did the opposite.. They replaced  pro bowl caliber talents with low end Free Agents that are already gone from the team.  They drafted as if this was going to be a burn year or start to a rebuild.  There is no urgency to win a championship like we've seen other teams with aging HOF QBs.

There is a lot of blame to go around.  

That's fair for last off-season

This off-season though there has been a concerted effort to bring back the team for a real shot at the championship in 2021.  It may not be via external free agents but we are all-in this season spending money we can't afford to bring everyone back for one more run at it. We have created a financial mess cap in 2022 and it looks like we've done it to give Rodgers a shot again this year. Bringing back players like Lewis with void years and dead cap in 2022 doesn't make any real logical sense other than doing everything they can to go for it this year.

Everything should be set up perfectly for Rodgers to have a shot at the title in 21 and then get a trade somewhere else in 22. 

The guy is pushing 38 - its reasonable for Packers to have a succession plan. 

The whole thing is messed up. If Rodgers was that adament he wanted to leave, this should all have been done a long time now. Trading him screws pretty most of our off-season moves and should be off the table as an option. 

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I wouldn't think to this level. I would think they have better things to do

If a new contract with more guaranteed money is the desire of your highest profile client, not much more important things to do than try to get that accomplished. 

Better for your client,  better for the agent

Edited by squire12

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Void years more than likely. 

That would be new contract then.

What we do know is the Packers chose not to create cap space with the AR's contract when they didn't convert his bonus and salary to a guarenteee... That was 100% on the Packers, not the QB.

5 minutes ago, Donzo said:

That would be new contract then.

What we do know is the Packers chose not to create cap space with the AR's contract when they didn't convert his bonus and salary to a guarenteee... That was 100% on the Packers, not the QB.

We "know" Rodgers' request/demand. It was leaked. He wanted an extension (with what we have to assume was significant guaranteed money) until 2025. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We "know" Rodgers' request/demand. It was leaked. He wanted an extension (with what we have to assume was significant guaranteed money) until 2025. 

effectively: Aaron Rodgers doesn't want Jordan Love to take a meaningful snap for GB and he wants to force the team to commit to that financially

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

effectively: Aaron Rodgers doesn't want Jordan Love to take a meaningful snap for GB and he wants to force the team to commit to that financially

Doubt Rodgers sees it that way. He probably feels like he's earned that spot until he walks away from the game and the Packers prematurely drafting a QBOTF isn't his problem. 

I see people are blaming Gute for poor communication but here i'm thinking, how?

He is smack bang in the middle of the first round of the draft. He is literally working, he is watching the board, speaking to his co-workers over zoom and on the phone all at the same time. Not only that he had his four children distracting him. Through all of that he was also busy trying to make the trade for one of the wide recievers he liked but when that didn't work out he ended up being busy trying to trade up for Love. He had no time to stop and call Rodgers beforehand.

I bet he called Rodgers right after he spoke to Love but lets ignore that pesky little detail.

Edited by Chili

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Doubt Rodgers sees it that way. He probably feels like he's earned that spot until he walks away from the game and the Packers prematurely drafting a QBOTF isn't his problem. 

"effectively" not "intentional malice toward Jordan Love"

It doesn't matter who the QB behind him is, I don't think

4 minutes ago, jiggad369 said:

Might be on a lonely island but I feel bad for Gute. His name is getting degraded for no fkin reason.

Looks like it's about a 70/30 split for Rodgers out in the real world with this board being basically 50/50.