Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I agree with this .. Packers brass has always failed to communicate things well.  It's great being a publically owned franchise, but a strong owner would probably not allow things to deteriorate the this point.  Aaron is a guy that apparently needs to be coddled .. and most owners would probably do that.  Still though .. if we can get the mega haul then do it and move on. 

Downside to this is having a meddling type such as a Jerry Jones....

42 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Is this your only line? You're on the internet right now -- Look up the stories, they're there. Like seriously, do you have any proof it wasn't or any links that support that Aaron Rodgers doesn't want Gute out of GB? If you can't handle the conversation and keep up with the story on your own, don't provide input on it. 

Do you have any proof that he isn't keeping up with the story on his own?  Links?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chili said:

I see people are blaming Gute for poor communication but here i'm thinking, how?

He is smack bang in the middle of the first round of the draft. He is literally working, he is watching the board, speaking to his co-workers over zoom and on the phone all at the same time. Not only that he had his four children distracting him. Through all of that he was also busy trying to make the trade for one of the wide recievers he liked but when that didn't work out he ended up being busy trying to trade up for Love. He had no time to stop and call Rodgers beforehand.

I bet he called Rodgers right after he spoke to Love but lets ignore that pesky little detail.

I don't think it comes down to actually speaking to him, but in regards to what was said, or not said. Like I said in another post I can't pretend to be either man. Regardless Rodgers feels unappreciated and I don't think it started draft night last year. This has been building for quite awhile. I don't think it's Gutey's fault. Like I stated earlier, the Green Bay's organization hasn't been know at communicating well in the past. I think it just all hit a boiling point, and here we are. 

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We "know" Rodgers' request/demand. It was leaked. He wanted an extension (with what we have to assume was significant guaranteed money) until 2025. 

So?

You have no idea what he requested. Assuming it was guarenteed money until 2025 is contrived.

The discussion point I responded to was "the QB won't allow us to create the cap space", which as I pointed out out, was wrong. It was 100% the Packers choice not to guranteed AR's bonus and salary for 2021 to create significant cap space for 2021.

5 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I don't think it comes down to actually speaking to him, but in regards to what was said, or not said. Like I said in another post I can't pretend to be either man. Regardless Rodgers feels unappreciated and I don't think it started draft night last year. This has been building for quite awhile. I don't think it's Gutey's fault. Like I stated earlier, the Green Bay's organization hasn't been know at communicating well in the past. I think it just all hit a boiling point, and here we are. 

When money has become the great placater, the relationship can become one of that between a child and an adult....Translation: When you give in to somebody's every whim and desire, the backlash can be that of anger and the lack of cooperation and communication....