Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If anyone truly believes Aaron would retire, they don't know him. No chance he retires before he passes Brett in career TDs IMO. Petty is as petty does.

it's not that petty.  a little petty, but most of these guys would grab a record if they could, i'd say.

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

I get the whole "multiple teams have inquired" thing. This is leaps and bounds from that.

The thing that is concerning about this it sounds like the same technique that Carson Palmer used to get out of Cincinnati. He held out into the season, while his agent put together the parameters of a new deal with Oakland.

Palmer's agent:  David Dunn.

This may take a while to work itself out.  

The good news:  Jordan Love will get plenty of reps in OTA's, minicamp, and training camp, so the team will get a better sense if he can get the system down and perform like an NFL starter.

26 minutes ago, Chili said:

Look at what he's wearing then look at this photo.

Either he brought another set of clothes with him (which is very possible tbf) or the video is old footage being passed off as new.

Maybe it's an old photo from last year - no-one is wearing masks.

Rodgers takes a trip to Kentucky for the Derby with his fiance and a group of friends, and you are thinking he would only have one set of cloths?

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers takes a trip to Kentucky for the Derby with his fiance and a group of friends, and you are thinking he would only have one set of cloths?

Isn't it just a one day event each year?

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Isn't it just a one day event each year?

I doubt Rodgers ever gets on a plane to go anywhere without more than one set of cloths, let alone for a weekend event like the Kentucky Derby.  This is basically the Kentucky Super Bowl.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If anyone truly believes Aaron would retire, they don't know him.

No chance he retires before he passes Brett in career TDs IMO. Petty is as petty does.

Geez, this hate is insane. You attach AR to a fabricated synopsis, then judge AR  for that synopsis... What?

We know haters are gonna hate. You gotta do you, but you're streching it to a lunatic fringe here.

23 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The thing that is concerning about this it sounds like the same technique that Carson Palmer used to get out of Cincinnati. He held out into the season, while his agent put together the parameters of a new deal with Oakland.

Palmer's agent:  David Dunn.

This may take a while to work itself out.  

The good news:  Jordan Love will get plenty of reps in OTA's, minicamp, and training camp, so the team will get a better sense if he can get the system down and perform like an NFL starter.

Whole different world CBA wise since Palmer did his thing. It would be real expensive for Rodgers to hold out. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Whole different world CBA wise since Palmer did his thing. It would be real expensive for Rodgers to hold out. 

Rodgers would have to write an $11 million check to the Packers for 2021 alone to retire.  Then another $11 million check to the Packers in 2022 if he stayed retired.  Obviously he has the money to do it, but it would hurt his pride to do so.  Of course the Packers could always waive their rights to require these payments, but if my memory serves me right, the Packers would get credit under the salary cap for those payments and we may need the relief to sign other players.

In addition, if he came back after sitting out after 2 years, don't the Packers hold his rights?

Hope he likes being retired.

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

So?

You have no idea what he requested. Assuming it was guarenteed money until 2025 is contrived.

The discussion point I responded to was "the QB won't allow us to create the cap space", which as I pointed out out, was wrong. It was 100% the Packers choice not to guranteed AR's bonus and salary for 2021 to create significant cap space for 2021.

So we're taking the rest of these leaks as gospel, but the 2025 leak is a stickler for you???

Gute was asked about adding an arm regardless of Rodgers coming back. Gute said he has already had conversations with some veterans. Veterans ?? Since when ?? I don't know exactly what that says, but it says something

Edited by cannondale

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So we're taking the rest of these leaks as gospel, but the 2025 leak is a stickler for you???

That "we're" taking as gospel?!?  What, you got a mouse in your pocket or something?

You got a link to this leak that AR wants guarenteed money until 2025, or are you making it like most of the nonsense posted about AR in this thread? 

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Gute was asked about adding an arm regardless of Rodgers coming back. Gute said he has already had conversations with some veterans. Veterans ?? Since when ?? I don't know exactly what that says, but it says something

Rodgers doesn't play preseason. Hard to evaluate your backup skill guys with Central Connecticut's QB playing in the 2nd half.