Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers doesn't play preseason. Hard to evaluate your backup skill guys with Central Connecticut's QB playing in the 2nd half.

I was thinking AR might be using this tantrum to get out of preseason preparations, but realized he doesn't play any ways....

Couple ways I see this playing out:

1) something is handled behind the scenes. Some type of restructure with a wink and nod that he gets traded out of conference next year. All fine and dandy but it will result in a clusterf- of a season media wise, huge headaches for all involved. Unfortunately, this might be the best case scenario and we’re all in for a really long and mostly unenjoyable season - unless a trophy is hoisted at the end. Then everyone wins  

2) Love is traded, Rodgers wins, the Packers look like fools. Don’t see it happening. 

3) Rodgers is as prideful as we assume, holds out/retires. GB still gets a media headache, Rodgers loses money, no one wins. Mild possibility 

4) Rodgers is traded post 6/1. GB gets a haul of future picks and young players. The problem is, he will likely field a playoff team so we aren’t getting anything great in return, in quality at least, maybe enough quantity makes up for it. This seems fine, but if Love isn’t ready, this could ruin him. But you can’t send Rodgers away, just to turn around and sign a vet off the streets to start over Love so you’re stuck playing him. Unless you know Love can be on par with Rodgers in a year or 2, you can’t make this move without losing the battle. Not to mention, GB could easily play 12s new squad in the near future. There’s no way we get a fair return, but this is the only way to get anything back. 

Ultimately, I kind of just want him to go away at this point. I believe everything coming out is from his side. He made the organization look foolish on the biggest football day of the spring, knowing they can’t fire back at him. 

I still think a deal with Denver is possible. They could toss Bridgewater in for that veteran presence or even as the starter for the year if love isn’t ready. At this point it may be time to get what you can or be prepared to roll with Love in the off chance AROD sits.

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I was thinking AR might be using this tantrum to get out of preseason preparations, but realized he doesn't play any ways....

How is asking for a trade a "tantrum"? Requesting a trade is AR's perogative.

You're entitled to you AR hate, but not goose stepping to your inclinations doesn't equal a tantrum.

6 minutes ago, Donzo said:

How is asking for a trade a "tantrum"? Requesting a trade is AR's perogative.

You can ask your FO for a trade without having your ppl leak your unhappiness to the media in such a melodramatic way on the biggest offseason day of the year. It's tantrum adjacent.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

For all you arm chair gm's thinking LaFleur isn't Rodgers biggest fan. This forum has become unbearable with half the idiotic comments from people that think they know the situation. I sense a lot of mouth breathing Q anon types 

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

For all you arm chair gm's thinking LaFleur isn't Rodgers biggest fan. This forum has become unbearable with half the idiotic comments from people that think they know the situation. I sense a lot of mouth breathing Q anon types 

Lol what? This literally hasn't been insinuated once.

Only way Rodgers can redeem himself in my eyes is by firing his agent.  Otherwise I'll assume he gave the go ahead for this crapstorm.  To come out the day of draft is not coincidence.  Beyond pissed.  He's got a lot of fence mending to do.  I wouldn't restructure him or renegotiate his contract either.  Unforgivable in my eyes Rodgers has some explaining to do or he can kiss his legacy in GB goodbye.