Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Pool said:

It's funny how you're "reality" is seemingly different from everybody elses.......

It's not. Just like 4-5 nutters on here lol

The actual reality is this, and if you disagree with it, I don't what to say:

Rodgers and Denver have been linked to tampering. If Rodgers and Elway golfed together recently they OBVIOUSLY talked shop. There is absolutely no way it will be proven and nothing will come of it. But it's still bad optics.

I hope they talked shop. I hope they tampered. I WANT a trade to happen. But I can also recognize reality when it slaps you in the face.

I'm not derailing this any further. If you don't think actual, defined tampering happened if they golfed together you are ridiculously naive. Literal tampering happens CONSTANTLY. Most teams/players are a lot more subtle about it than going golfing together when trade rumors are flying lol. It's bad optics. That is the extent of it.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It's not. Just like 4-5 nutters on here lol

The actual reality is this, and if you disagree with it, I don't what to say:

Rodgers and Denver have been linked to tampering. If Rodgers and Elway golfed together recently they OBVIOUSLY talked shop. There is absolutely no way it will be proven and nothing will come of it. But it's still bad optics.

I hope they talked shop. I hope they tampered. I WANT a trade to happen. But I can also recognize reality when it slaps you in the face.

I'm not derailing this any further. If you don't think actual, defined tampering happened if they golfed together you are ridiculously naive. Literal tampering happens CONSTANTLY. Most teams/players are a lot more subtle about it than going golfing together when trade rumors are flying lol. It's bad optics. That is the extent of it.

Why would you want to trade arguably the most talented qb of all time coming off an MVP season?

Bad optics for who, exactly? Nobody cares about that stuff anymore. I don't even think Denver's division rival fans would care if Elway is breaking rules to recruit Rodgers. The game is the game. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

You know you don't have to be the "what about tampering" guy, right? This is just silly. And your team still has 90% of the leverage in this situation, story is running out of steam in Denver. You're probably getting another year of Rodgers. Life is good. 

I hope they tampered. I couldn't care less if Denver is punished or not. I hope they agreed to a contract. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I hope they tampered. I couldn't care less if Denver is punished or not. I hope they agreed to a contract. 

If you say so. I would not be rushing to see whatever's behind Door #2 after three decades of Hall of Fame QBs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Why would you want to trade arguably the most talented qb of all time coming off an MVP season?

Because I think there's better odds of moving on from a QB demanding even more cap hit in a new contract who can't get to a SB even when playing like an MVP.

I think the easiest path to a SB is building an amazing defense and having a Jared Goff floor level QB.

I think GB can build a top defense with compensation from a Rodgers trade.

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Because I think there's better odds of moving on from a QB demanding even more cap hit in a new contract who can't get to a SB even when playing like an MVP.

I think the easiest path to a SB is building an amazing defense and having a Jared Goff floor level QB.

I think GB can build a top defense with compensation from a Rodgers trade.

You do realize the Rams have done that twice and still lost yeah? The packers beat the Rams and their #1 ranked defense this year. 

Alternatively, they could just load Rodgers up with weapons like the Bucs and Chiefs have done for Mahomes and Brady. 

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You do realize the Rams have done that twice and still lost yeah? The packers beat the Rams and their #1 ranked defense this year. 

Alternatively, they could just load Rodgers up with weapons like the Bucs and Chiefs have done for Mahomes and Brady. 

They can't because Rodgers won't restructure and wants MORE money. I'm not going to get into this again on here. This has been discussed ad naseum.

Mahomes probably isn't winning another SB with that contract, either.

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

On a serious note - I'm too engaged in the shenanigans to lock this in all good consciousness; I don't want anyone to say I'm abusing my power by taking Mod action in a discussion that I helped make.

So - @TheKillerNacho - if you want to lock, it's your call. 

I was out all day and I come back to this?

Smh

• Like 7