Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

I just watched "The Big Lebowski" again recently for about the 10th time and it has so many great quotes. 

When it comes to Aaron Rodgers, all I can say is:

"That guy can ROLL, man."

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

you must be old everywhere...

Great comeback bro.

You must be having fun getting your cheeks clapped by everyone on here. If you weren't so insecure you'd be able to just say 'OK I'm wrong, nevermind'. But nope, you choose this way. Embarrassing.

But hey, what does the math say...?

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, Dodo said:

So like ... is there a timeline worth keeping in mind? A date Rodgers becomes more "untradeable" or has to report/retire by? 

May  24-25 & 27th - Is the Packers Voluntary Organized Team Activities

June 1st - The date everyone seems to think makes sense for the Packers to trade Aaron Rodgers

June 1st, 2nd & 4th - Voluntary Organized Team Activities 

June 8th-10th - Mandatory minicamp

If Aaron Rodgers still hasn't shown up to the GB facility by June 8th, then Houston we got a problem, pun intended. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

May  24-25 & 27th - Is the Packers Voluntary Organized Team Activities

June 1st - The date everyone seems to think makes sense for the Packers to trade Aaron Rodgers

June 1st, 2nd & 4th - Voluntary Organized Team Activities 

June 8th-10th - Mandatory minicamp

If Aaron Rodgers still hasn't shown up to the GB facility by June 8th, then Houston we got a problem, pun intended. 

I mean, if he's not made noise to actually report by June 1st, I think GB's already likely taking & accepting calls (if they haven't already by June 1st - yes, I know the public stance, but that's pretty standard PR positioning).    A-Rod (or his agent) only needs to speak up 1x to say he sees a path to returning if GB steps up.   We've heard zilch.   The silence from A-Rod's camp here is deafening.   

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

It is accurate, I agree.

“Mom, how old is grandpa?”

“He used to be 10.”

Yes, that conveys information that is totally relevant. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Great comeback bro.

You must be having fun getting your cheeks clapped by everyone on here. If you weren't so insecure you'd be able to just say 'OK I'm wrong, nevermind'. But nope, you choose this way. Embarrassing.

But hey, what does the math say...?

Hey man it's ok that you didn't understand that my reply was intentionally proportionally lame in response to the old fella's attempt at humor. Not everyone is made to understand more than simple things.We all have our strengths!

Like, I bet you are hilarious to 13 year old boys. So you have that going for you :)

1 minute ago, pwny said:

“Mom, how old is grandpa?”

“He used to be 10.”

Yes, that conveys information that is totally relevant. 

It's like working with first graders lol

"Mom, how old was grandpa when he joined the Army?"

(Everyone's response in this thread):

"Grandpa is too old to join the Army now."

I swear some of ya'all need some reading comprehension lessons.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's like working with first graders lol

"Mom, how old was grandpa when he joined the Army?"

(Everyone's response in this thread):

"Grandpa is too old to join the Army now."

I swear some of ya'all need some reading comprehension lessons.

Except in this scenario, you’re telling everyone that grandpa can still pass all the requirements to be in the army.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, pwny said:

Except in this scenario, you’re telling everyone that grandpa can still pass all the requirements to be in the army.

Lies. I think this is the crux of the issue, actually.

You refuse to acknowledge that i've REPEATEDLY said he's currently a fringe roster guy in 2021. Why you refuse to acknowledge this and continue building a strawman argument is beyond me. But at least you're not alone in your inability to actually read and comprehend what I've literally been saying this entire time:

Funchess is a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 WR and was signed in 2020 as a #3/4 WR (based on his contract) who I thought could compete for the #2 role in GB, but now, after missing another full year of football is a fringe roster player who will be fighting for a spot on the roster.

Nothing I've ever said contradicts the above, but your continued misrepresentation of what I'm saying is super annoying. Please stop.

Edited by incognito_man

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I mean, if he's not made noise to actually report by June 1st, I think GB's already likely taking & accepting calls (if they haven't already by June 1st - yes, I know the public stance, but that's pretty standard PR positioning).    A-Rod (or his agent) only needs to speak up 1x to say he sees a path to returning if GB steps up.   We've heard zilch.   The silence from A-Rod's camp here is deafening.   

Agreed. That we've heard nothing from Rodgers camp directly is very telling IMO. But Rodgers is a bit of a master at hedging, too, I think. So he might view it as advantageous to not commit to any public comments until he gets what he wants.

22 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He asked for dates, he got them. Simple as that. I agree though, the fact that we've heard nothing from Aaron Rodgers speaks far more volume then all these "reports" we get on a daily basis. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

He asked for dates, he got them. Simple as that. I agree though, the fact that we've heard nothing from Aaron Rodgers speaks far more volume then all these "reports" we get on a daily basis. 

His silence comes across as someone saying "I've already told you what my position is.  There is nothing more to say on the matter."  To me, it sure seems like he is determined to leave Green Bay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Lies. I think this is the crux of the issue, actually.

You refuse to acknowledge that i've REPEATEDLY said he's currently a fringe roster guy in 2021. Why you refuse to acknowledge this and continue building a strawman argument is beyond me. But at least you're not alone in your inability to actually read and comprehend what I've literally been saying this entire time:

Funchess is a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 WR and was signed in 2020 as a #3/4 WR (based on his contract) who I thought could compete for the #2 role in GB, but now, after missing another full year of football is a fringe roster player who will be fighting for a spot on the roster.

Nothing I've ever said contradicts the above, but your continued misrepresentation of what I'm saying is super annoying. Please stop.

No, that’s not the confusion at all. The argument is entirely about the claims you’re making in the second paragraph and the fact that you continue to say one thing and then another that completely contradict it.

Funchess didn’t produce like an average #2 at all. We already went over how you twisted stats to get there and then said the stats conclusively prove that he absolutely would have produced like a #2 in 2020. The fact that you’re still claiming that he produced like an average to above average #2 when using his per game stats when those per game stats would actually be that of a bottom of the barrel #2 or a #3 is the argument.

The fact that you’re tying superlatives to him that make him sound like something that he isn’t when talking about him, that literally are only being used to flavor him as a better value signing in 2020 is the argument.

The fact that you’re saying that the signing in 2020 was universally loved and that we’re being revisionist haters for saying it was never a good signing, when in fact the entirety of responses in News and the Packers forum on the signing were completely negative and everyone talking about how it was a useless signing is the argument.

The fact that you’re saying the facts conclusively prove that he would have been the #2 and that everyone else is wrong because the stats say so and then backtrack and try to tell everyone you never said that the stats prove anything and it’s simply your opinion that he would have performed at that level is the argument. 

The fact that you’re saying that the evidence conclusively supports that he would have been the team’s #2 in 2020 if he played, but then said you 100% agree with someone who said he would have been the #4 is the argument.

The fact that you’re claiming no one else in this thread except you knows how to comprehend things being said while you’re going around telling people that another Packers fan said that Lazard would have won the #2 job over Funchess and that Funchess would be the #3 when he quite clearly said that Lazard was the #3 and Funchess would have been the #4 is the argument.

Hope that clears it up for you, Mr. “nobody else has reading comprehension skills”. 

• Like 7