Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I just watched "The Big Lebowski" again recently for about the 10th time and it has so many great quotes. 

When it comes to Aaron Rodgers, all I can say is:

"That guy can ROLL, man."

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Funchess didn’t produce like an average #2 at all.

Yes he did. Using the entirety of his 2017/2018 stats, he absolutely did. You're just flat out wrong. In fact, using the chunk of games (16) that he was operating as the #1, he actually produced like a slightly below average #1 WR (around 22nd overall using 2nd half 2017 and 1st half 2018 prior to injury).

You are just absolutely factually incorrect if you are arguing he didn't produce like an average #2. You're just absolutely, absolutely wrong. 50 rec, 700yds, 6 TDs was his 2 year average. That average is literally EXACTLY average #2 (48th ish) production.

26 minutes ago, pwny said:

The fact that you’re tying superlatives to him that make him sound like something that he isn’t

This is not a fact. This is 100% lies. I've never made him sound like anything he isn't or wasnt. You're just not reading or comprehending what I've repeatedly said: that he's a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 (in his 3rd and 4th seasons), and was signed as #3/4 in GB. Those are all 100% verifiably true. And they are also the only claims I've EVER made about him (and have done so repeatedly).

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

The fact that you’re saying that the signing in 2020 was universally loved

I did not say it was universally "loved". You're lying. I said it was "graded positively [by media]" which is 100% accurate. Look at Fox Sports as an example. Stop being a lying liar. 

33 minutes ago, pwny said:

The fact that you’re saying the facts conclusively prove that he would be the #2

Stop being a lying liar. I've never once said he "would be the #2". I said he was signed as the #3/4 in 2020 and I felt he had a good chance to win a #2 role against Allen Lazard in camp. I've also stated that in 2021 he is a fringe roster guy. Stop being a lying liar.

35 minutes ago, pwny said:

The fact that you’re claiming no one else in this thread except you knows how to comprehend things being said

I mean I just demonstrated three separate instances where you're either intentionally lying or have not comprehended things. You're literally proving my point...

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yes he did. Using the entirety of his 2017/2018 stats, he absolutely did. You're just flat out wrong. In fact, using the chunk of games (16) that he was operating as the #1, he actually produced like a slightly below average #1 WR (around 22nd overall using 2nd half 2017 and 1st half 2018 prior to injury).

You are just absolutely factually incorrect if you are arguing he didn't produce like an average #2. You're just absolutely, absolutely wrong. 50 rec, 700yds, 6 TDs was his 2 year average. That average is literally EXACTLY average #2 (48th ish) production.

Weird how you went from framing your entire argument on:

He surpassed that production on a per game basis his last two healthy seasons.

But now you want to ignore that his per game basis actually would have ranked 58th. 

Weird. Almost like you're choosing to twist stats to fit your narrative. First, you want us to know that we need to look at his stats on a per game basis because it's not fair to count his injuries when we're only talking about his production while healthy, and now somehow that isn't important and we need to look at his bulk stats and compare that to everyone else's bulk stats. But we also very much need to understand that he was a former #1 WR, but we also need to completely ignore that as a #1 WR, his target share was ridiculously high, and his actual production relative to the targets he received would have placed him around 87th in the league. We have to ignore that his target share would have to decrease, because the stats conclusively prove that is who he is.

This is not a fact. This is 100% lies. I've never made him sound like anything he isn't or wasnt.

A former #1 WR who continually improved in a pass-scarce offense on his rookie contract, was then signed to a $10mil/year contract but broke his collarbone.

Yup, definitely not trying to use the #1 WR label to mischaracterize his value.

You're just not reading or comprehending what I've repeatedly said: that he's a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 (in his 3rd and 4th seasons), and was signed as #3/4 in GB. Those are all 100% verifiably true. And they are also the only claims I've EVER made about him (and have done so repeatedly).

Weird that that's the only thing you've claimed. Because I have specific quotes of you saying:

He's literally an average to above average #2 and the evidence supports this conclusively.

Funchess was clearly an ascending player with a #2 skillet

The second one is extra confusing, because when the Colts signed him, you said:

i feel like devin funchess for $13million is a deal I might see after missing an entire season of football and have no idea who is good anymore.

So… Was he an ascending player when the Packers signed him, or did his last season with the Panthers mean he wasn't good anymore? Which one is it? He can't both be ascending after his two year stretch and also not good anymore.

I did not say it was universally "loved". You're lying. I said it was "graded positively [by media]" which is 100% accurate. Look at Fox Sports as an example. Stop being a lying liar. 

I went searching for something at Fox Sports, and all I could find that wasn't simply a collection of facts about him, but put an opinion anywhere was this Fox Sports article that was a roundup of grades found across the web for the Packers free agent moves. The article was written on April 7th, and Funchess was announced as a signing March 24th, so yeah I guess that's where we're going to find our consensus; two full weeks of media weighing in, that should really give us an idea of what the media thought about the signing. They found one single person in the media (someone at WalterFootball) who gave the Funchess signing a review at all, and gave it a while noting that he's a #3 IF THE TEAM DOESN'T DRAFT ANYONE.

So I guess nobody in the big media thought it was worthy of even discussing as valuable. What about people who cover the Packers for a living? What did they think? They've gotta be the ones universally grading it positively, right?

Evan Siegel @ Lombardi Ave: The signing of Funchess appears to be more of a depth move than one that will make any real improvement to the offense.

So to recap. Panned on the NFL News. Panned on the Packers subform. Panned by people who cover the Packers. Ignored by the majority of media who graded signings. But one guy gave it a B so somehow it was universally graded positive. Makes sense.

Stop being a lying liar. I've never once said he "would be the #2". I said he was signed as the #3/4 in 2020 and I felt he had a good chance to win a #2 role against Allen Lazard in camp.

I mean, you did. Several times. Here's an example:

On 5/14/2021 at 1:34 PM, incognito_man said:

He's literally an average to above average #2 and the evidence supports this conclusively.

That's not an opinion. That's literally an attempt to make a statement of fact about who he is (or was when the Packers signed him) and the evidence supports this conclusively.

Funchess would absolutely have been right in that range had he played and stayed healthy IMO.

This one is framed as an opinion, for sure. But the absolutely part clearly indicates that there is no question that he would have been the #2 as far as you're concerned.

Also, let's clarify something. You're not saying he had a good chance to win out. You literally called him "the leading candidate":

He would have been the leading candidate as the #2 WR in GB.

I've also stated that in 2021 he is a fringe roster guy. Stop being a lying liar.

Yeah, and you also said that he is currently a #3/#4. See:

I LITERALLY SAID HE'S A #3/4 WITH #2 UPSIDE CURRENTLY. And that, when signed 15 months ago, he had #2 WR UPSIDE because he had produced like one (while operating against #1 CBs) for more than a full seasons' worth of games in Carolina.

Emphasis your own, because you really needed us to know you still think he has #2 upside even two years removed from football, even though you're now claiming that you never said he has that upside in 2021.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, pwny said:

Emphasis your own, because you really needed us to know you still think he has #2 upside even two years removed from football, even though you're now claiming that you never said he has that upside in 2021.

Oh. My. God.

471a826184ac01a33e9d9067c3c740e5.gif

pwnybomb!!!

You ever hear that term "Dying on a Hill"? We just witnessed someone figuratively die on a Devin Funchess hill... Because that was a killshot by @pwny.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, pwny said:

But now you want to ignore that his per game basis actually would have ranked 58th. 

lolwut

His BULK stats over 2 years (2017/208) put him around 48th in production. He would be ranked HIGHER on a per game basis considering his missed games in than 2 year stretch. You are VERY confused.

I don't care if you look at bulk or per game stats. They tell the same story: That he's a former #1 WR that produced like an average #2 WR during that two year stretch. You're hung up on some sort of nonsense about per game vs bulk. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE, USE WHATEVER YOU PREFER. IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME STORY.

So… Was he an ascending player when the Packers signed him, or did his last season with the Panthers mean he wasn't good anymore? Which one is it? He can't both be ascending after his two year stretch and also not good anymore.

More confusion and lies. I said that signing him for above average #1 WR money like the Colts did was a bad move. It was. I never contradicted that anywhere subsequently. Signing him for low-end #3 WR money like GB did was a value signing. He was ascending from years 1-2 into years 3-4. This is obvious by looking at his stats from years 3/4 compared to 1/2. This is EXTREMELY COMMON for WRs to ascend in their 3rd and 4th seasons. Unfortunately for Funchess, he got injured halfway through his 4th season, lost his entire 5th season due to injury and sat out his entire 6th season for COVID. You have to be an absolute moron to not understand that "ascending" from years 1 and 2 into 3 and 4 is an obvious truth. Just like his career has taken an obvious hit SINCE then. Are you intentionally obtuse or do you actually not understand this?? He was ascending until injuries and the plague cost him the last 2.5 seasons. Now he's obviously not (as I've explicitly stated about a dozen times). You're a lying liar telling lies.

They found one single person in the media (someone at WalterFootball) who gave the Funchess signing a review at all, and gave it a C while noting that he's a #3 IF THE TEAM DOESN'T DRAFT ANYONE.

More lying lies. It was a B and is super duper easy to find on google. It took me 4 seconds:

Devin Funchess: B. “This signing is fine because it carries no risk. It’s a cheap deal, and it’s sort of an insurance policy in case Green Bay can’t obtain a receiver it likes at the end of the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft. If the Packers don’t obtain a promising rookie receiver, Funchess will be an upgrade as a third receiver over Geronimo Allison or Marquez Valdes-Scantling.”

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-free-agency-moves-grades-rick-wagner-christian-kirksey-040720

How does it feel to AGAIN be known as a lying liar blatantly telling lies?

https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/03/25/devin-funchess-piece-of-puzzle-not-the-answer/

The signing of Devin Funchess isn’t going to fix the Green Bay Packers’ need for a WR, but it’s a low-risk move for a player that has shown he can produce.

Gosh that sounds VERY familiar. Almost like he was a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 that was signed as a low-end #3.

https://nflspinzone.com/2020/03/25/green-bay-packers-devin-funchess-unspectacular-smart/

Though the signing may seem unspectacular on paper, Funchess will step in immediately as the second-most accomplished receiver on the Packers roster.

Wow. Who would have thunk that Funchess MIGHT have been signed as a low-end #3WR with some upside potential being the second most accomplished WR in GB in 2020 camp?

So to recap. Panned on the NFL News. Panned on the Packers subform. Panned by people who cover the Packers. Ignored by the majority of media who graded signings.

Your tweets are from KNOWN online GB personalities that literally crap on EVERY move. Nagler, Kruse and Herman are know-nothing blowhards that criticize LITERALLY every move. It is evidence of nothing lol. You're forgiven though since you have no idea who they are and why their opinions are trash. They offer nothing of substance in their critiques because they are dumb fans who think GB should sign someone like Golladay for WR2 because they have zero concept of how a salary cap works. Not a single person who understood that it was a depth signing (as a #3/4 WR) panned the move. Weird how anyone who understands context can recognize what the actual signing was...

This one is framed as an opinion, for sure. But the absolutely part clearly indicates that there is no question that he would have been the #2 as far as you're concerned.

More lying lies from a liar. I NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER said he'd be the #2. I said he would be in a camp battle for it lol. And that in 2020, since he was the second most productive WR on GB's roster I felt he would have the advantage in that battle. Stop being an intentional lying liar. I've said 20 times now that GB signed him to be the #3/4 WR but he possessed upside to win the #2 role due to previous production and the lack of an established #2 WR in GB.

More lying lies. I've said 25 times now I think he's a fringe-roster player in 2021. You're a lying liar trying to score online points, thinking you're more clever than you actually are. You have to be a true idiot to not realize how I actually view Funchess in 2021 considering I've explicitly stated it dozens of times. I'm sorry you misread my ONE post where I CLEARLY meant that "I CURRENTLY (i.e. literally JUST said it earlier in the conversation) THAT HE [was signed in 2020] AS A #3/4 WR WITH #2WR UPSIDE". Now stop being a trolling idiot and acknowledge that I've said dozens of times I believe he is a fringe-roster player in 2021 and nothing I've every said contradicts that. You applied your own misinterpretation on a SINGLE quote of mine (completely out of context) that is EASILY outweighed by my explicit comments both before and after that CLEARLY demonstrate my viewpoint on Devin Funchess:

He is a former #1 WR that produced like an average #2 WR in years 3/4 with Carolina who signed as a low-end #3 WR in GB in 2020 with upside to win the #2 WR role in GB due to his previous demonstrated production and the lack of an established #2 WR in GB heading into 2020 but who, now, after missing 2.5 season is a fringe roster player.

Now stop being a lying liar. You're wasting your time trying to be stupidly sneaky and catch me in previous comments that you are stretttcchhhhhhing to try and show some sort of contradiction. I've never wavered from the bolded above, have stated it dozens of times, and it's time for you to move on and stop hijacking this thread with your cute friends.

Edited by incognito_man

31 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Just tag me when we’re done talking about former #1 fringe roster players with #2 upside at #4 on the depth chart.

I agree. It's unfortunate this gang of clowns doesn't agree with that assessment and have derailed this thread.

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh. My. God.

471a826184ac01a33e9d9067c3c740e5.gif

pwnybomb!!!

You ever hear that term "Dying on a Hill"? We just witnessed someone figuratively die on a Devin Funchess hill... Because that was a killshot by @pwny.

You're just celebrating both of your inabilities to comprehend context lol

how embarrassing. eek

Edited by incognito_man

I think @pwny and @incognito_man may be on to something here. Originally, I thought that maybe we were derailing the Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay thread. However, after some careful analysis (skimming) it's dawned on me that it isn't because of the Jordan Love draft pick that Aaron Rodgers no longer wants to be a Packer but because of the Devin Funchess signing. It all just came full circle for me. Thanks boys!

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

lolwut

His BULK stats over 2 years (2017/208) put him around 48th in production. He would be ranked HIGHER on a per game basis considering his missed games in than 2 year stretch. You are VERY confused.

No, it wouln't. We already went over this.

cE3V9PF.png

See that? 741 yards per 16. That's 46.3 per game.

eF3e0Wo.png

See that? that's the 33rd through 64th receiver sorted on a per game bases. See the highlighted one? That's right where he fits above. Making him 58th. This isn't hard to understand. And we know you understand it because as soon as it was brought up last time, you flipped your entire narrative about what his stats showed to use different stats.

More confusion and lies. I said that signing him for above average #1 WR money like the Colts did was a bad move. It was.

No. You said he wasn't good anymore. Those are your exact words. How is he ascending when the last thing you said about him during this "ascension" is that he isn't good anymore?

You have to be an absolute moron to not understand that "ascending" from years 1 and 2 into 3 and 4 is an obvious truth.

You're the one who said he wasn't good anymore after year four.

46 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/03/25/devin-funchess-piece-of-puzzle-not-the-answer/

The signing of Devin Funchess isn’t going to fix the Green Bay Packers’ need for a WR, but it’s a low-risk move for a player that has shown he can produce.

Gosh that sounds VERY familiar. Almost like he was a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 that was signed as a low-end #3.

Funchess is a depth signing. Leaving the draft with at least two wide receivers and selecting one within the first two rounds still remains a priority. It’s hard to envision Green Bay going into the 2020 season with Funchess as their No. 2 option.

Huh. Almost like even the article you are linking as positive spin still are just saying he's at best depth if they don't draft receivers. 

Also, saying that someone is the most accomplished isn't saying they have upside. Here, want an example. Blake Bortles is the most accomplished QB that's going to show up to camp. Do you think he has the upside to be the starter? I doubt it. 

More lying lies from a liar. I NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER said he'd be the #2. I said he would be in a camp battle for it lol. 

I literally posted direct quotes, dude. Absolutely. Conclusively. Just quit trying to backtrack and admit that you were wrong. It's not hard.

More lying lies. I've said 25 times now I think he's a fringe-roster player in 2021. You're a lying liar trying to score online points, thinking you're more clever than you actually are. You have to be a true idiot to not realize how I actually view Funchess in 2021 considering I've explicitly stated it dozens of times. I'm sorry you misread my ONE post where I CLEARLY meant that "I CURRENTLY (i.e. literally JUST said it earlier in the conversation) THAT HE [was signed in 2020] AS A #3/4 WR WITH #2WR UPSIDE".

That's not what happened. Here it is again:

I LITERALLY SAID HE'S A #3/4 WITH #2 UPSIDE CURRENTLY. And that, when signed 15 months ago, he had #2 WR UPSIDE because he had produced like one (while operating against #1 CBs) for more than a full seasons' worth of games in Carolina.

HE'S A #3/4 WITH #2 UPSIDE CURRENTLY

when signed 15 months ago, he had #2 WR UPSIDE

These are two different statements. You separated them, and made sure we knew that one is your view of him currently and the other was the view of him 15 months ago.

Continuously calling everyone else a liar, and saying no one else in the thread has reading comprehension skills, doesn't mean the quotes you made cease to exist. You made dumb statements and then tried to backtrack and say you never said them even though there's a written log, and tried to say that everyone else is stupid because they took exactly what you said to mean exactly what you said. If you really never meant any of the things that keep getting brought up as verifiable quotes from you, maybe take this as an opportunity to work on how you convey your thoughts so that they don't contradict each other, instead of calling everyone else a liar and that they don't possess reading comprehension skills. Just a thought. And on that note, I'm done. Because it's clear what you actually want to do with this discussion is to not do that, and instead blame everybody else. So I'm gonna dip on it so that there's one less person you can run that with.

• Like 2

Anyway to get back on topic, according to some articles  from sites in Wisconsin, the Packers would likely be asking for a QB back in a trade.

If a trade does end up being the resolution here, does this maybe knock a team like the Broncos out of contention because their QBs on the roster don't really move the needle in any discernible way? Or is it going to have little value in any way because they'd just want it to be a bridge QB to give Love another year before throwing him in there? Would someone like Lock or Bridgewater be a guy they'd be willing to take on, or would it have to be a team like the Raiders who can send someone back like Carr who can reasonably compete for the starter job for a few years?

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Anyway to get back on topic, according to some articles  from sites in Wisconsin, the Packers would likely be asking for a QB back in a trade.

If a trade does end up being the resolution here, does this maybe knock a team like the Broncos out of contention because their QBs on the roster don't really move the needle in any discernible way? Or is it going to have little value in any way because they'd just want it to be a bridge QB to give Love another year before throwing him in there? Would someone like Lock or Bridgewater be a guy they'd be willing to take on, or would it have to be a team like the Raiders who can send someone back like Carr who can reasonably compete for the starter job for a few years?

I don't think it takes them out of contention, really they're just looking for a bridge QB, while they continue grooming Jordan Love. I think they have that in Teddy Bridgewater. The difference is, the return they get from the Broncos versus what they would get from Oakland would have to be much higher if that's the case. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

See that? that's the 33rd through 64th receiver sorted on a per game bases. See the highlighted one? That's right where he fits above. Making him 58th. This isn't hard to understand. And we know you understand it because as soon as it was brought up last time, you flipped your entire narrative about what his stats showed to use different stats.

Not sure why you're using 2020 stats. More data manipulation on your part. I clearly used 2018 numbers.

Sorting by ypg, 46.3 ypg ranks 43rd overall in 2018 among WRs: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/receiving.htm

Sorting by TD's, 6 per season ranks 21st overall in 2018 among WRs (same link - no TDs/game sort so TDs/16 games is nearest option).

Sorting by receptions per game (3.6), he ranks 47th overall in 2018 among WRs (same link)

LIS, the math is very clear here which was obvious to me: It doesn't matter if you look at bulk stats or per game stats, Funchess produced like an [above] average #2WR in 2017/2018. You can stop being a lying liar anytime now!

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

No. You said he wasn't good anymore. Those are your exact words. How is he ascending when the last thing you said about him during this "ascension" is that he isn't good anymore?

More lying lies. I never once said he "isn't good anymore" ever. Those were never my "exact" words. Stop. Lying.  My comment in the 2019 thread was clearly implying I hadn't paid attention to him and was surprised to see him sign for #1 WR money (i.e. "good" = paid like a top 16 WR). I never said or implied I didn't think he was "good = paid like an average #2 WR). You're literally making up and bolding things I never said and saying I said them. What a monster you are.

I'll explicitly say now that I doubt he's good anymore in 2021. That is supported by my previous statements about him being a fringe roster player in 2021.

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

Huh. Almost like even the article you are linking as positive spin still are just saying he's at best depth if they don't draft receivers. 

Also, saying that someone is the most accomplished isn't saying they have upside. Here, want an example. Blake Bortles is the most accomplished QB that's going to show up to camp. Do you think he has the upside to be the starter? I doubt it.

Yes. Like I said. He was signed to be a #3/4 WR. I agree with every assessment I linked that stated similarly. Stop lying and making things up I never said or claimed. He was signed as depth. I said exactly that dozens of times.

I never said that being "productive" means they have "upside". One can both, one of those things, or neither. Thus, your weird example of Bortles showcases nothing. He absolutely has the capability to be the starter over Love in 2021 if Rodgers is traded because of a number of factors, but upside is not one of them when compared to Love.

22 minutes ago, pwny said:

I literally posted direct quotes, dude. Absolutely. Conclusively. Just quit trying to backtrack and admit that you were wrong. It's not hard.

I agree. You posted quotes of mine that clearly stated I believed he was signed as a #3/4 WR in GB with the potential to win the #2 role. I'm not backtracking. I'm repeating, verbatim, everything I've said throughout this entire thread. I was never wrong. I was never contradictory. It was MY OPINION that he could seriously challenge for the #2 role in GB vs Lazard and MVS despite being signed as #3/4 WR depth. I've said this verbatim dozens of times, and will continue to do so until it sinks in for you lol.

25 minutes ago, pwny said:

HE'S A #3/4 WITH #2 UPSIDE CURRENTLY

when signed 15 months ago, he had #2 WR UPSIDE

These are two different statements. You separated them, and made sure we knew that one is your view of him currently and the other was the view of him 15 months ago.

To any intelligent reader, it is obvious that, by separating them as you pointed out, I'm clearly differentiating how I view/viewed him in 2020 and 2021. To any intelligent reader who understands context, they would recognize that this is statement can (and should) be interpreted to be consistent with everything I was saying both before and after this cherry-picked phrase: That he was signed in 2020 as a #3/4WR but had upside to win the #2 role in GB due to the circumstances of the situation. I said it a dozen times before the above quote and dozens of times after. Stop being dumb and thinking I randomly meant something differently when it's OBVIOUS it can be interpreted consistently with what I've said before and after that one sentence you misinterpreted. I'm sorry you misinterpreted it. But I know what I meant when I typed it, I read it exactly how I meant it, and I'm telling you it's consistent with everything I said before and after. Stop trying to interpret what I wrote for me. I'm straight up telling you that you're reading it wrongly and you should interpret it the same way as the literally dozens of other times I've said the same thing in perhaps more explicit language. Move on. It's a losing battle for you. There's no "gotcha". There's just you misinterpreting the way I worded it ONCE (among dozens of times).

29 minutes ago, pwny said:

Continuously calling everyone else a liar

I haven't called anyone else a liar except for you. You're the only one continuously lying. Stop lying.