Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

41 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I think @pwny and @incognito_man may be on to something here. Originally, I thought that maybe we were derailing the Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay thread. However, after some careful analysis (skimming) it's dawned on me that it isn't because of the Jordan Love draft pick that Aaron Rodgers no longer wants to be a Packer but because of the Devin Funchess signing. It all just came full circle for me. Thanks boys!

lol I agree.

@pwny and @ET80 think GB signed Funchess to be a #1 over Davante. If Rodgers thought like them, he would be disappointed too :)

32 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I don't think it takes them out of contention, really they're just looking for a bridge QB, while they continue grooming Jordan Love. I think they have that in Teddy Bridgewater. The difference is, the return they get from the Broncos versus what they would get from Oakland would have to be much higher if that's the case. 

The flip side is that the Broncos young player is probably going to have more value than the Raiders' young guy.

My guess would be 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd and something like Hamler, or 2022 1st, 2023 1st and the Surtain/Stokes swap.    But it also depends on if the Watson situation resolves (seemed unlikely before, still unlikely - but wow, would things get crazy then if you had 2 QB's on the market).   Puts it at 3 1st's of value.   

Now if the Raiders offer 2 1sts & Carr, then it really comes down to what the Pack is really looking for.  The obvious other point - whether A-Rod will dictate what teams he goes to.   I know it's not that palatable of a topic, and I know how GB fans would feel about that.    But we're definitely at a stage where A-Rod's position probably will influence destination, if the relationship is indeed broken.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I agree. It's unfortunate this gang of clowns doesn't agree with that assessment and have derailed this thread.

Dude, to act like the other side is the only only part of the problem, it doesn't really help credibility at all.   It always takes 2 parties to engage in a derail like this, with equal intent.  Rule of thumb - when it's past 2-3 pages, it's never just 1 sides' fault for derailing the thread.   Just saying.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Not sure why you're using 2020 stats. More data manipulation on your part. I clearly used 2018 numbers.

I said I was done. But this is really the last one, because it so clearly exemplifies exactly what you're doing.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:14 AM, incognito_man said:

"Average" #2 WRs in 2020 had a statline that looks like this: 56 rec, 739 yds, 4 TDs.

Man, I wonder why someone would use 2020 stats when arguing with you about this. I just can't for the life of me figure it out. Every single thing in the rest of your posts in this is more of the same; claiming you meant something when you explicitly laid out something completely different before getting called on it.

But go ahead and continue calling me a liar and tagging me a bunch of times because you can't keep your story straight and are getting called on it. It's definitely working.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

I said I was done. But this is really the last one, because it so clearly exemplifies exactly what you're doing.

Man, I wonder why someone would use 2020 stats when arguing with you about this. I just can't for the life of me figure it out. Every single thing in the rest of your posts in this is more of the same; claiming you meant something when you explicitly laid out something completely different before getting called on it.

But go ahead and continue calling me a liar and tagging me a bunch of times because you can't keep your story straight and are getting called on it. It's definitely working.

Well there's the discrepancy. I don't recall why I used 2020 stats, but your narrative about me cherry picking stats appears to be the misunderstanding of you thinking about per game 2020 stats and bulk 2017/2018 stats. If I contributed to that misunderstanding, I apologize.

I never cherry-picked any stats and maintain that my overall stance that I've repeatedly said about him is true: regardless of bulk or rate stats he produced like an average to slightly above average #2WR on average throughout 2017/2018.

That's has been and remains my only point about bringing up his stats. Ever.

57 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The flip side is that the Broncos young player is probably going to have more value than the Raiders' young guy.

My guess would be 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd and something like Hamler, or 2022 1st, 2023 1st and the Surtain/Stokes swap.    But it also depends on if the Watson situation resolves (seemed unlikely before, still unlikely - but wow, would things get crazy then if you had 2 QB's on the market).   Puts it at 3 1st's of value.   

Now if the Raiders offer 2 1sts & Carr, then it really comes down to what the Pack is really looking for.  The obvious other point - whether A-Rod will dictate what teams he goes to.   I know it's not that palatable of a topic, and I know how GB fans would feel about that.    But we're definitely at a stage where A-Rod's position probably will influence destination, if the relationship is indeed broken.

Exactly, as a Packer fan your young Players are what make me more interested in a trade with Denver as opposed to the Raiders. 

54 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dude, to act like the other side is the only only part of the problem, it doesn't really help credibility at all.   It always takes 2 parties to engage in a derail like this, with equal intent.  Rule of thumb - when it's past 2-3 pages, it's never just 1 sides' fault for derailing the thread.   Just saying.

I dunno man. Usually I agree. But I've literally been repeating the same line over and over and over and over and it keeps getting misrepresented somehow.

I've consistently ONLY said that Funchess is a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 in Carolina for 2 seasons and was signed as depth #3/4 in GB but felt he had ability to win #2 in GB over Lazard and MVS in 2020 but his career has diminished significantly now having missed yet another full season.

Everything else is just noise. I'm not sure anyone actually disagrees with the only point(s) I've ever actually made.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno man. Usually I agree. But I've literally been repeating the same line over and over and over and over and it keeps getting misrepresented somehow.

I've consistently ONLY said that Funchess is a former #1 WR who produced like an average #2 in Carolina for 2 seasons and was signed as depth #3/4 in GB but felt he had ability to win #2 in GB over Lazard and MVS in 2020 but his career has diminished significantly now having missed yet another full season.

Everything else is just noise. I'm not sure anyone actually disagrees with the only point(s) I've ever actually made.

Dude, it's been so many pages now.   Trust me, it's not just them.

I wasn't around when this went down, but I gotta believe Funchess is approaching Keith Rivers territory here.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I have never in all my life seen someone dig their heels in so deeply over something as petty and stupid as this. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Isn't Watson still facing legal issues?....

Civil court - a settlement would probably push the issue to resolved. No criminal charges (yet). The league is probably going to push for a pretty long suspension, so that's going to weigh into any trade compensation if the Texans look to move quickly from this chapter.

This being said... the Texans seem to be in full tank mode right now, so there is no real urgency to move Watson for less than market value; That suspension has to be served either way, so why move him now unless you get everything in return? Watson, with a full 16 games available and with a voided signing bonus due to any suspension (less cap hit, less money to actually pay out) is almost too good to be true for a market that values franchise QBs under 25. The Texans should expect multiple premium picks over multiple years from any potential suitors...

... however, this IS the same franchise that traded the best WR in football for a broken RB on a bad contract and a 2nd round pick. So, that could expedite the trade, an offer so stupid that the other team sends in the trade paperwork immediately via jet-powered car.