Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Civil court - a settlement would probably push the issue to resolved. No criminal charges (yet). The league is probably going to push for a pretty long suspension, so that's going to weigh into any trade compensation if the Texans look to move quickly from this chapter.

This being said... the Texans seem to be in full tank mode right now, so there is no real urgency to move Watson for less than market value; That suspension has to be served either way, so why move him now unless you get everything in return? Watson, with a full 16 games available and with a voided signing bonus due to any suspension (less cap hit, less money to actually pay out) is almost too good to be true for a market that values franchise QBs under 25. The Texans should expect multiple premium picks over multiple years from any potential suitors...

... however, this IS the same franchise that traded the best WR in football for a broken RB on a bad contract and a 2nd round pick. So, that could expedite the trade, an offer so stupid that the other team sends in the trade paperwork immediately via jet-powered car.

This was my point....Rodgers refusing to return will potentially get him sent elsewhere, while Watson sits....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think we all agree I'm shaq and @ET80 is dudley and we can all move on

feel free to try and throw the ball at me (and miss) after if you'd like ;)

f7b949311507bd1fa1ca60b7f1bcb445.gif

Whatever helps you sleep at night, princess. This exercise earned you a spot on the ignore list - so say whatever you need to say about the untapped potential of one Devin Funchess, and understand that nobody in the sites history has ever been clapped as badly as you have over the past few days.

Sleep tight, Princess...

HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.g

• Like 7

Just now, 40Year Pack Fan said:

This was my point....Rodgers refusing to return will potentially get him sent elsewhere, while Watson sits....

Oh, I totally agree with you - just sharing insight on the situation. Watson was on the fast track to get traded for an earth shattering return... But then the sexual misconduct charges started rolling in.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night, princess. This exercise earned you a spot on the ignore list - so say whatever you need to say about the untapped potential of one Devin Funchess, and understand that nobody in the sites history has ever been clapped as badly as you have over the past few days.

Sleep tight, Princess...

HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.g

lolz

thin skin over there

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh, I totally agree with you - just sharing insight on the situation. Watson was on the fast track to get traded for an earth shattering return... But then the sexual misconduct charges started rolling in.

So much this and with the leak of those sexual misconduct cases potentially being settled here shortly, those talks may heat up again right around the time Aaron Rodgers isn’t showing up for camp. 

Either way the end result for both of our teams will be very interesting to watch unfold over the weeks/months. 

Good luck bro, I’d say I’ll pray for you but that’s probably a touchy saying at this point for you, all things considered. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I think we need to setup a forum pool and take bets on who get's traded first, Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson.

Any pool you have on who goes first, A-Rod's gotta be like -250 vs. Watson with the delays in his situation being resolved.   If you mean, traded yes/no, then it's more towards Watson.  He's a goner, it's just a matter of when.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

So much this and with the leak of those sexual misconduct cases potentially being settled here shortly, those talks may heat up again right around the time Aaron Rodgers isn’t showing up for camp. 

Now that the draft came and went, the luxury of time is back with the Texans - everyone knows the situation, the Texans are basically punting on '21, and there are a few teams sitting on multiple firsts and with a need at QB (NYJ, Detroit, Philly). Moves for Sam Darnold (Carolina) and Teddy Bridgewater (Denver) are holding patterns at best, so those two are just as much in the hunt as anyone else.

Houston is going to wait it out, eat the suspension while he's a Texan and get out of the cap issues by revoking his signing bonus (because that's in play now). The next bidders will have to contemplate the blowback, but - hey, nobody seems to care about Tyreek Hill's transgressions anymore.

Either way the end result for both of our teams will be very interesting to watch unfold over the weeks/months. 

I honestly think the Packers will still be competitive - Aaron Jones can operate effectively in the LaFluer offense and Jordan Love doesn't need to win games, per se. Just play within the confines of the offense, and GB is looking at 11-6 or 12-5 (that feels so weird). Texans? They went 4-12 WITH Watson, so I'm certain they're going 0-17 with this DOA roster, bad coaching and a rookie 3rd round pick at QB. 

Nobody in Houston's FO seems to want to admit it... but the Texans are on the clock.

Good luck bro, I’d say I’ll pray for you but that’s probably a touchy saying at this point for you, all things considered.

We (you and I, specifically) were supposed to have a prayer meeting to speak tongues to rid me of Easterby. I bought snakes for us to handle and everything...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Congrats on making sure Devin Funchess is no longer incognito, man.

Someone needed to stand up for him as others tried to rewrite the history books and erase his name.

His name shall be known now and forever more for exactly what he was: a former WR1 who produced like an average WR2 for a couple seasons. All thanks to me :)

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Someone needed to stand up for him as others tried to rewrite the history books and erase his name.

His name shall be known now and forever more for exactly what he was: a former WR1 who produced like an average WR2 for a couple seasons. All thanks to me :)

Yes, he’ll now be remembered alongside the immortal Calvin Pace and Keith Rivers in the annals of FF history.

• Like 3

Just now, JohnChimpo said:

Yes, he’ll now be remembered alongside the immortal Calvin Pace and Keith Rivers in the annals of FF history.

i think @incognito_manargument rivals the whole LT is overrated because he may get hurt thing. BUT, its seems to be over finally, so back to this being about Rodgers (as it should).

• Like 3