Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

That said, I honestly feel like this is Rodgers being a diva.  The Packers weren't trading up for the likes of Chase, Smith, or Pitts.  And it wasn't the offense that let GB down last season.  Rodgers is just salty because Brady is getting all the Brady breaks with Tampa managing to do what has been the ultimate rarity - that being retaining all of the starting-22 and meaningful snap-seers of a Championship squad and effectively avoiding turnover.  Oddly enough, this could probably be appeased financially (I don't think this is coincidence that this is happening in a season where he only is under-contract for 2 more on his present deal - dude's coming off a deserved MVP campaign and probably wants another pay-bump).

This is also probably intended to try and persuade Guetenwurst (or however you pronounce it) to at least try to leverage future assets to acquire Julio Jones in a trade, more than it is to acquire any skill-position player in this draft class Green Bay could have realistically laid hands on.

I don't think there's ever been any actual report that Rodgers is upset about the team not getting him more weapons. That's purely a fan narrative. That has never come from his actual camp. All reports have suggested Rodgers is just concerned about the uncertainty around his future with Green Bay from their end, which is reasonable given Love, the franchise's history, and how his contract is slated to progress.

I'm not a huge personal fan of Rodgers's by any means, but it's so weird to me to see how confidently so many people are saying he's upset they haven't drafted a WR or something, when that has never actually been a part of the story.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think there's ever been any actual report that Rodgers is upset about the team not getting him more weapons. That's purely a fan narrative. That has never come from his actual camp. All reports have suggested Rodgers is just concerned about the uncertainty around his future with Green Bay from their end, which is reasonable given Love, the franchise's history, and how his contract is slated to progress.

I'm not a huge personal fan of Rodgers's by any means, but it's so weird to me to see how confidently so many people are saying he's upset they haven't drafted a WR or something, when that has never actually been a part of the story.

I get that.  But at the same time, this is an era (term used loosely) where there's more QB parity that we've been accustom to (or the players have been used to for that matter) and there simply aren't the options sitting out there for an upper echelon QB were they to fenagle their way to hitting the open market.  Brady's situation was an exception - no doubt, I believe, assisted by Flo.rida having no state income tax, and the Bucs being largely in QB hell since Jeff Garcia (a flirtation with Jameis, and his inconsistency, aside).  Just looking at the clubs that Rodgers listed as the franchises he'd be open to being traded to - one just invested heavily into a QB prospect and the other two are ready-built (albeit in divisions which are not easily-won).  It's a shade curious that if Aaron's principle concern is long-term organizational stability AND maintaining his ability to still be competitive that certain organizations weren't on his list (WFT for one, New England for another).  Instead we're seeing Las Vegas (which has far from been the model of stability) and Denver which are both also in a division with the juggernaut that are the Mahomes-led Chiefs.

I'm more of the opinion that Shaelene's got his head turned a bit and doesn't want to spend a majority of her time somewhere that doesn't mesh with her own personal ideologies like Wisconsin.

I hope Rogers gets traded and the Packers end up in QB purgatory for the next 20 years.

I know it's not all GB fans, but a lot of them have complained about Rogers for a few years now. Talk about an insanely spoiled fanbase when it comes to QB play, and a fanbase that no one will feel bad for if they go a couple of decades with absolute trash at QB.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I just want to rip off the bandaid and trade Rodgers already so we dont have to hear about this anymore. Packers fans have suffered enough with this news!

*Pretty much stable, great QB play for nearly 30 years*

"We've suffered."

Me, a Washington fan: 

tenor.png

• Like 15

6 hours ago, 49ers fan said:

Rodgers retiring abruptly would be the wildest thing ever. 

6 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I don't think it's that wild.

If that is the legacy he wants to establish for himself, it would be an interesting spectacle

5 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

That said, I honestly feel like this is Rodgers being a diva.  The Packers weren't trading up for the likes of Chase, Smith, or Pitts.  And it wasn't the offense that let GB down last season.  Rodgers is just salty because Brady is getting all the Brady breaks with Tampa managing to do what has been the ultimate rarity - that being retaining all of the starting-22 and meaningful snap-seers of a Championship squad and effectively avoiding turnover.

Agreed on these parts.  Diva, jealousy

Oddly enough, this could probably be appeased financially (I don't think this is coincidence that this is happening in a season where he only is under-contract for 2 more on his present deal - dude's coming off a deserved MVP campaign and probably wants another pay-bump).

Reports were Rodgers didn't want a restructure and an extension is being hard to sort out.  If he wants what Brady has, getting a bump in pay directly affects the teams ability to acquire more weapons and talent at other  positions.

This is also probably intended to try and persuade Guetenwurst (or however you pronounce it) to at least try to leverage future assets to acquire Julio Jones in a trade, more than it is to acquire any skill-position player in this draft class Green Bay could have realistically laid hands on.

GB doesn't have the cap space to take on a Julio Jones contract.... partly due to the contract that Rodgers currently has.  

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Ppl also forget that Brett Favre was unceremoniously shown the door when A-Rod was ready to take over.     Love hasn't shown any indication he's ready yet - but remember that Favre & A-Rod are good friends.    And Favre has made it clear as a rule - don't trust the FO.

The thing is now - SF is not in the picture, they've committed to Lance.    LV would be a curious fit, but it's California.  LAR & LAC aren't happening.   That leaves Denver as the only option left.

Now, GB going CB Stokes Rd1 when Denver took Surtain, seems like that ship has sailed.  Unless a Surtain-Stokes swap is part of a GB-DEN deal.   The other part to keep in mind - a trade done post-June 1 saves GB 17M+ more this year, that helps them explore other deals.   

Having said that, I think a trade is a longshot - if only because now the market is pretty much LV & Denver if ARod is really about going to the West Coast.     Obviously, I'd be all for A-Rod going to Denver - our roster is good enough an elite QB puts us in immediate contention.   But there have to be a lot of moving parts to fall into place.   And I'd say that if it's not done by first week of June, then it's not happening.   But I do think A-Rod would rather leave on his terms, than be shown the door, like GB did with Favre.

Haha the comments some of you all make are great. This is negotiating tactics, GB pretty much said we are looking to move on from you long term and drafted Love without saying they are ready to move on. Rodgers turns around and posts MVP numbers and says pay me what I deserve to show me you want me long term as you have been stating since June of last year. With anyone at their job he wants to make sure he is stable and the way his contract is it is not he is trying to extend his career in GB and we do not know what happens behind close doors but it clearly wasnt going his way so his people made it public that he is unhappy. 

As for the narrative he wants players around him was something that he stated in the past and they then go get his competition/replacement and a back up rb with the 1st 2 picks rather then landing a guy that they could move forward in winning. The one thing he has to decide is does he want the people around him to be better or does he want to get paid. He cant have both as it cost money to pay the people around that they also have to pay you. 

Not sure how people view Rodgers as the bad guy here. GB's tactics are  this way we saw it with Favre and we see it with Rodgers except Rodgers has shown that he still has something left in the tank which ruined their escape from him.