Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Because I feel like they are trying to get out before his age makes him fall off a cliff and then they cant trade him.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I remember what Drew Brees and Peyton Manning were like when their arms were shot, but they were still good QB's because of how smart they were. I know Brady is an aberration in terms of how well he's playing at his age, but Rodgers still looks amazing.

Just now, showtime said:

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I remember what Drew Brees and Peyton Manning were like when their arms were shot, but they were still good QB's because of how smart they were. I know Brady is an aberration in terms of how well he's playing at his age, but Rodgers still looks amazing.

True, but when it hit Manning/Brees it hit them hard. It was like one year their arms were just shot. Brees and Manning both couldnt throw the ball more than 10-15 yards downfield their final years.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

What would the asking price be? CBS guys are saying they heard Denver has 3 first rounders on the table.

I personally find that insane strictly given how old Rodgers is. I know hes really good still, but basically paying a 1st rounder for each of the years he has left in his career is a touch too much.

Well, now we aren't just talking no top-10 pick but pushing the pick back an entire year. I could see it being three first rounders, as with the current team and Rodgers one would expect playoff picks coming back, which are way less valuable.

Devil's advocate.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

What would the asking price be? CBS guys are saying they heard Denver has 3 first rounders on the table.

I personally find that insane strictly given how old Rodgers is. I know hes really good still, but basically paying a 1st rounder for each of the years he has left in his career is a touch too much.

Stafford went for 2 firsts + Goff.

• Like 2

A-a-ron is an all time great and probably my favorite GB QB ever but my gosh man, what a girl. Seems like he's jaded that whenever he signs a contract the market gets reset later on and he regrets not getting bigger money. Like he wants a % contract. And I can't remember the dude on NFL Network but he's like "what do you want?? Every other position has competition brought in all the time, it's just that it's happening to some QBs now" in regards to Jordan Love. Keeps playing well and Love can keep sitting, his career is still in his own hands. Now he's threatening retirement lol c'mon man!

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Stafford is 5 years younger than Rodgers though. Rodgers maybe has maybe 3-4 more years left in him.

And Rodgers is desperate to leave and is willing to sit out if he doesn't get traded. These factors for sure hurts his trade value.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Stafford is 5 years younger than Rodgers though. Rodgers maybe has maybe 3-4 more years left in him.

This is what people don't seem to get.  Just because Tom Brady was still playing great last year at 43, that doesn't mean everybody is going to be able to do that now.  Brady could fall off a cliff this year, and nobody is acknowledging that either.  Age catches up to everyone, and a 40 year old quarterback is an OLD quarterback.

Brett Favre - the league's all-time iron man, played great when he was 39-40, but he was completely washed up the year after that.

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Rodgers has 3 MVP and a supwr bowl win.  Rodgers 3-4 years will probably be better than the sum if Stafford 8-9 years 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Just won an MVP for crying out loud. You don't get cute and try to maximize his value before the inevitable drop-off IMO. No, you thank your lucky stars your franchise has that level of QB play and try to win a SB.

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Just won an MVP for crying out loud. You don't get cute and try to maximize his value before the inevitable drop-off IMO. No, you thank your lucky stars your franchise has that level of QB play and try to win a SB.

If he doesn’t want to stay though....