Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's demanding to be traded off the #2 betting favorite to win next year's SB.

That #2 betting favorite is BECAUSE of him. He leaves, it goes to someone else.

Please tell me you understand that. Please tell me you don't think that it sticks with Jordan Love at QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So what's your argument here? 

Aaron's issues began from the Jordan Love pick; its more than that, but this was clearly the catalyst. As you said, with Rodgers, you have #2 betting odds at the SB this year. Without him, you don't. That is the positional value you touted, however the Love pick wasn't adding value to the position because you are losing the reason the team is a contender. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Our organization has no faults against Aaron Rodgers. He's being sensitive because we're grooming his replacement for 1-2 years down the road when he's 40 and probably won't be a good QB anymore. He wants us to be a year too late in moving on and not a year ahead. Brees, Favre, Manning, Elways, Rivers, Marino all started to fall apart at 39-40, Tom Brady is an outlier, not the norm. He wants the Packers to look out for Aaron Rodgers first and the Packers second. That's not what a front office is paid to do.

...he just won league MVP throwing to one great WR and a bunch of guys who might not make it to a second contract.

My guess is that he's due to be an outlier. 

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Again, if drafting a QB to develop behind a QB that's a few years from 40 costs you that QB, it's an indictment on that QB more than your organization. We didn't draft Love when Rodgers was 32, he was 37, he was also coming off back to back seasons where his completion % was in the bottom 1/4 of the league and his footwork had become awful. It was clear from the start that Rodgers was the guy until 2022 or 2023 depending on play. 

👍

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

...he just won league MVP throwing to one great WR and a bunch of guys who might not make it to a second contract.

My guess is that he's due to be an outlier. 

Sad that LaFleur and his system doesn't get a lot of credit for this outside of GB, because this is really 50% of the reason. 

Rodgers said he went back and watched old film to see what he was missing with his current technique, and had Zoom meeting every day with LaFleur to hone in the offense. Funny he stopped doing this with Mac and didn't do it year 1 with LaFleur. It's clear being put on a timeline kicked him into his younger gear again. Same thing it did with Favre. Human nature at work.

Rodgers is the GOAT to me, I'd take him over Brady starting off as a young QB 10/10. I obviously realize our organizational success has a TON to do with Aaron Rodgers and how good he is, but I cannot be on the side of a guy who thinks he's above the team. Same thing with Favre, he thought he could come and go in the off-season as he pleased because the team owed it to him. Well Rodgers pretty clearly wants to play, but now refuses to play here because we're developing his successor, that's not how it works.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That #2 betting favorite is BECAUSE of him. He leaves, it goes to someone else.

Please tell me you understand that. Please tell me you don't think that it sticks with Jordan Love at QB.

He cant just leave.

Please tell me you understand that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Sad that LaFleur and his system doesn't get a lot of credit for this outside of GB, because this is really 50% of the reason. Rodgers said he went back and watched old film to see what he was missing with his current technique, and had Zoom meeting every day with LaFleur to hone in the offense. Funny he stopped doing this with Mac and didn't do it year 1 with LaFleur. It's clear being put on a timeline kicked him into his younger gear again. Same thing it did with Favre. Human nature at work.

Correct.

Nobody will be able to convince me the Love pick didnt get AR to suddenly take stock of the **** show he'd been performing in the years prior. **** show relative to his skills and abilities. He wasnt playing well and by the character of his play was exhibiting a lack of caring.

Love getting drafted as he did indicated the organization had taken stock of his play  -  and afterwords - the entire media story was "How do you "feel" about the team drafting Love?" It was pure headcase. AR as victim. Nobody but nobody challenged him on his play and how that probably contributed in the selection being made. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

He cant just leave.

Please tell me you understand that. 

Actually, he can retire and take the Jeopardy hosting gig. This isn't 25 year old Deshaun Watson with five years left on his contract. Rodgers CAN leave.

But you're avoiding the question - do you think Green Bay's SB odds stay the same with Jordan Love?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Nobody thinks he's going to do that - including you.

Actually I don’t know. If he’s that upset I think it’s a very real possibility. He’s made 240 mil from gb alone. Endorsements and investment prob add a significant amount to that. He good.

Just now, ET80 said:

Actually, he can retire and take the Jeopardy hosting gig. This isn't 25 year old Deshaun Watson with five years left on his contract. Rodgers CAN leave.

But you're avoiding the question - do you think Green Bay's SB odds stay the same with Jordan Love?

Any player can retire at any time for any reason. Thats a player's right thats always available to them. 

If you think for one moment ARs gonna walk away from his current gig because Jordan Love is standing on the sidelines - or for the Jeopardy deal - you're not being serious. 

@Packerraymond's comment was that with him on the roster GB is the #2 in those odds. Since I dont think ARs going anywhere....those odds remain consistent.