Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

49ers called about Rodgers and were told no. Apparently offered number 3. so where do you even go from there

I'm guessing the other way around, and probably inflated to build interest in Rodgers

If your 37 year old HOF QB wants out and the relationship is not salvageable, the Packers would be stupid to not take the top 3 pick and a chance at a top QB prospect. Unless they only like 2 of the QB's 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless Bosa and/or Kinlaw are added, there's literally ZERO reason to trade Rodgers.  Not even sure there is if the 49ers added both.

He's gonna retire and become a game show host.

Jordan Love time...

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless Bosa and/or Kinlaw are added, there's literally ZERO reason to trade Rodgers.  Not even sure there is if the 49ers added both.

Come on.  How much do you really think he is worth.  I know he had a good season last year, but the man is 38 years old.  How many good years does he realistically have left in the tank?  Not everybody is Tom Brady and can play at a high level into their mid-40s.  Brett Favre fell off a cliff at 40. 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 5

2005: Packers are so mean to Favre that they dare to do what is best for the organization and draft the possible future QB with a late 1st round pick.

2007: Hello, NFCCG. Favre bonehead throw in OT and they lose.

2020: Packers are so mean to Favre  Rodgers that they dare to do what is best for the organization and draft the possible future QB with a late 1st round pick.

2020: NFCCG and Rodgers is not good enough then cries about it on Jeopardy.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Better to get something for him. Rodgers strikes me as the kind of guy who would flat retire and not look back.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Come on.  How much do you really think he is worth.  I know he had a good season last year, but the man is 39 years old.  How many good years does he realistically have left in the tank?  Not everybody is Tom Brady and can play at a high level into their mid-40s.  Brett Favre fell off a cliff at 40. 

A crap ton.  He instantly makes just about anyone a title contender.  Aaron Rodgers is 37 years old, and Favre played well into his age 40 season.  There's no reason to suggest that his play is suddenly going to fall off.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Better to get something for him. Rodgers strikes me as the kind of guy who would flat retire and not look back.

I don't.  Why would he give up millions of dollars for something he's one of the best at?

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

That sounds a lot more realistic.  Probably just posturing during contract time.  Can't blame Rodgers for that.

And here we are getting closer to the truth.  He's frustrated because he wants clarity on his future with the franchise.  As his contract is currently constructed, the Packers can trade him with minimal dead cap a year from now.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm guessing the other way around, and probably inflated to build interest in Rodgers

If your 37 year old HOF QB wants out and the relationship is not salvageable, the Packers would be stupid to not take the top 3 pick and a chance at a top QB prospect. Unless they only like 2 of the QB's 

Why would the packers draft another QB?  

Just now, CWood21 said:

A crap ton.  He instantly makes just about anyone a title contender.  Aaron Rodgers is 37 years old, and Favre played well into his age 40 season.  There's no reason to suggest that his play is suddenly going to fall off.

I stand corrected on the age.  Sorry about that.  He will be 38 in December.  Favre played great in 2009 and was DONE in 2010.  In spite of Tom Brady's performance, 40 is still an old quarterback. 

How much are 2-3 potentially very good years worth?  Maybe a first round pick.  I can't see giving up much more than that.  Maybe I will be proven wrong.  It just seems overly optimistic to expect much more than a first rounder.

Now, we will see if any massuses in the Wisconsin area start to message Tony Buzbee...

• Like 8