Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

45 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

But Green Bay played the odds...Rodgers would decline within the next 3 seasons, while bringing in his replacement. They didn't get rid of Rodgers. They did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers while Favre was a part of the team. Would you have preferred that Green Bay not select Rodgers, and go "all in" on an aging Favre (who by the way was the same again as Rodgers when they drafted Jordan Love).

48 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

But Green Bay played the odds...Rodgers would decline within the next 3 seasons, while bringing in his replacement. They didn't get rid of Rodgers. They did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers while Favre was a part of the team. Would you have preferred that Green Bay not select Rodgers, and go "all in" on an aging Favre (who by the way was the same again as Rodgers when they drafted Jordan Love).

Except it’s not the same as favre, who was openly considering retirement. What rumors am I missing that Rodgers had been considering retirement for years at that point?

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

The last 2 times HoF QBs changed teams late in their careers and the team that acquired them went "all in", it worked. Other teams trying it is inevitable. 

good. hopefully this drives up Rodgers trade value.

It's a decent plan for the right team. I can understand why it's attractive. If an owner needs an adrenaline shot of attention/revenue it makes sense. It's likely your team is going to be a bottom-feeder for awhile after it, however. So there's the risk.

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

would you trade a SB win for a 2-3 year rebuild? Or even 3-5 years? 

I'd do that every single year. Without question.

Philly is in the midst of a Texans-esque rebuild. Ask anyone if they regret it, given the end result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Additionally, the teams that lost their HoF QB never replicated their success - even when one had a Trevor Lawrence-esque prospect in Andrew Luck take over.

that's one example

and you have to rely on a guy who had a career-ending injury to make it ha

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Additionally, the teams that lost their HoF QB never replicated their success - even when one had a Trevor Lawrence-esque prospect in Andrew Luck take over.

Indeed. Heck, even Minnesota hasn't gotten as close to a SB since as they did with old man Favre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

that's one example

and you have to rely on a guy who had a career-ending injury to make it ha

Patriots? You think Mac Jones is going to take Belly back to the SB?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Sure, but why do I need to? Love cost us one draft choice. It's not a crippling investment or one that prevents us from any sort of success.

it also doesnt help your top 3 QB during a legit SB window. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd do that every single year. Without question.

Philly is in the midst of a Texans-esque rebuild. Ask anyone if they regret it, given the end result.

The difference is... we didn't expect to win it all in 2017. We struck lightning and won a SB and then tried to keep the magic going from 2018-2020. That is when the wheels fell off.

That said, ya I wouldn't trade the SB for anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sure, but why do I need to? Love cost us one draft choice. It's not a crippling investment or one that prevents us from any sort of success.

Assuming Love works out. If he doesn't, there's no guarantee the next guy works out... Or the next guy after that, for that matter.

Going from Favre to Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. 

• Like 2