Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

Just now, ET80 said:

Assuming Love works out. If he doesn't, there's no guarantee the next guy works out... Or the next guy after that, for that matter.

Going from Favre to Rodgers is the exception, not the rule. 

Making a plotted, thought out long-term transition from your HOF QB should be the rule, but sadly it's the exception.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

How does one draft pick not playing hurt one of the more talented rosters in the league?? Rashad Gary didn't play in his rookie year either, we went 13-3.

Because the pick could've been used on someone that could've actually helped the team?

• Like 3

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Making a plotted, thought out long-term transition from your HOF QB should be the rule, but sadly it's the exception.

But rarely does execution match planning...

It's interesting how fans of other teams are more concerned with the "sensitivities" of AR than GB fans are.
Perhaps because we view the context of the Love draft pick differently.

As is, AR is a top paid QB who suddenly regained dedication to his craft and should he continue to perform at his normal high level (MVPs are not necessary....) the team will probably stick with him. Why would they switch horses when we've been to two straight NFCCGs and have been able to hold the roster together with (so far.....) minimal gutting. 

My sense is that this is all happening now because last year Love got zero opportunity to show his stuff on an NFL field - which wont be the case this year. Hence, we've got suddenly disgruntled AR  -  perhaps that - or perhaps he's got a wife (and kid?) on the way and temporarily settling down in Green Bay is less appealing.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol this is such a narrow minded viewpoint. 

I'm not even saying that the concept of using a 1st rounder on a project QB that won't start for 2 years or whatever is a bad decision, I just don't know how you can suggest that doing so doesn't potentially hurt your success in the short term. Would you be saying the same thing if you guys just let the clock run out and didn't pick anyone? Because it kinda seems like you're suggesting that one first round pick ultimately has no effect on the success of a season.........which is true if you botch the pick, but not if you hit.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

i guess it comes down to how much tread you believe Rodgers has. I believe he can play at a high level for at least another 3 years. Also, QBs are playing a lot longer than when Favre was on his way out. 

Only Brees and Brady. They are the outliers of NFL history...and both were really healthy relative to Rodgers. 

5 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

I'm not even saying that the concept of using a 1st rounder on a project QB that won't start for 2 years or whatever is a bad decision, I just don't know how you can suggest that doing so doesn't potentially hurt your success in the short term. Would you be saying the same thing if you guys just let the clock run out and didn't pick anyone? Because it kinda seems like you're suggesting that one first round pick ultimately has no effect on the success of a season.........which is true if you botch the pick, but not if you hit.

It's a net neutral. Your team stays the same. There's some opportunity cost to it for the immediate impact, but you have to assume the rookie will make an immediate impact.

Our first rounder this year in Stokes is probably CB4 for example.

19 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Because the pick could've been used on someone that could've actually helped the team?

No pick could have helped the 2020 packers more than Jordan Love. 

Why do you think Rodgers looked like an MVP again?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But rarely does execution match planning...

True, thankfully it does in GB.

It works for others as well... until you go from Steve Young to Jim Druckenmilker.

All it takes is one QB who doesn't get it.