Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It works for others as well... until you go from Steve Young to Jim Druckenmilker.

All it takes is one QB who doesn't get it. 

It's still better to try and find your QBOTF than to try and win a SB with an aging, expensive QB. The odds are not in favor of guys costing that much money that Rodgers is.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It works for others as well... until you go from Steve Young to Jim Druckenmilker.

All it takes is one QB who doesn't get it. 

It's not the specific QB, it's the process. You'll hit over 50% if you do it continually. Much worse if you don't. You need to plan for the future and not fly by the seat of your pants.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

But Green Bay played the odds...Rodgers would decline within the next 3 seasons, while bringing in his replacement. They didn't get rid of Rodgers. They did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers while Favre was a part of the team. Would you have preferred that Green Bay not select Rodgers, and go "all in" on an aging Favre (who by the way was the same again as Rodgers when they drafted Jordan Love).

Different scenarios though.  When Rodgers was drafted Green Bay had no idea when Favre was going to be done.  He'd been contemplating and talking about retirement non-stop since 2003.  They'd have to wait till April or May to find out if he was returning for the next season.  The ONLY thing we've ever heard out of Rodgers was how he was going to play into his 40's and that he wanted to retire a Packer.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not the specific QB, it's the process. You'll hit over 50% if you do it continually. Much worse if you don't. You need to plan for the future and not fly by the seat of your pants.

Based on what? Is there data that supports that? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Based on what? Is there data that supports that? 

Sorry I shouldn't have put a number on it. It's common sense you're success rate is going to be significantly higher when a thought out plan is executed. That's not a stretch to say. 

10 minutes ago, SSG said:

The ONLY thing we've ever heard out of Rodgers was how he was going to play into his 40's and that he wanted to retire a Packer.  

Yes....and he was saying all these nice things after his extension was either in the works or signed. He was the proverbial pig in ****   -   till the team opened up another slop bin.

Thats when his play suddenly became "AR-like" again. He went from being a league leader in throwing the ball away (or into the ground) to once again being one of the more accurate passers around. Funny how that happened.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I mean it's exactly what happened lol

I never said it didn't happen, I agreed with you.

This being said, that same All Star team went 7-9 the year before.

So something changed for the better...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I never said it didn't happen, I agreed with you.

This being said, that same All Star team went 7-9 the year before.

So something changed for the better...

Tampa's defense won the NFCCG....not Brady.
That - and some really poorly timed / lousy execution by the GB D.