Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

Seems to me like concentrating power in the hands of 2 or 3 people whose opinions go unchecked is a slippery slope to much greater disasters.

usatsi_11519953-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

nbc_pft_airinggrievances_201118_640x360.

getty-mcnair.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Your math checks out on this one. 2-3 people is about right.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Handling things diplomatically is a slippery slope to terrible management? How does that make sense? Seems to me like concentrating power in the hands of 2 or 3 people whose opinions go unchecked is a slippery slope to much greater disasters.

What power does Rodgers ultimately hold that isn't tied to his ability to withhold his labor?

Stop being obtuse.

I CLEARLY said that letting players (regardless of their real or perceived importance) in on personnel and organization decisions while they are active players is a slippery slope. I never said anything about "handling things diplomatically". Those were your words, and ones I strongly disagree with. Letting players in on personnel decisions is not being "diplomatic". Asking your QB what style he likes, etc. etc. is 100% acceptable and should be encouraged. Asking your QB what they think of a previous teammate you're considering is 100% acceptable and should be encouraged. Informing an old QB you are looking at draft a young QB in the first round would be a gaffe that could set a franchise back a decade. You think Rodgers would have just contentedly kept quiet KNOWING the FO was considering drafting Jordan Love?

Or, do you think his ego would have spilled over, tipped the Packers' hand, and let it become public knowledge and thus a detriment to the possibility of them getting their guy?

It would be absolutely INSANE to let a player know who you are targeting in the draft, or in competitive personnel decisions. They have ZERO incentive to keep it quiet if it doesn't align with what they want, and can undercut an organization BADLY.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

I'm not seeing the problem here. We call guys "leaders in the locker room" all the time. Well, why not vest them with some level of command that extends beyond just a patch on their uniform? Even if it's as simple as letting them meet with a prospect and let them ask some questions to see if there's chemistry. 

take it up with the guy I quoted then. He specified QBs.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Stop being obtuse.

I CLEARLY said that letting players (regardless of their real or perceived importance) in on personnel and organization decisions while they are active players is a slippery slope.

And I don't agree with that assessment because I think most slippery slope arguments used to justify existing hierarchies regardless of their actual value are fallacious. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I’d love this trade, gb goes to a below average team, possibly well below average, and thus less competition in the NFC

Oughta change your name to Nostradamus....EVERY team falls into mediocrity eventually dumb ars.....

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Oughta change your name to Nostradamus....EVERY team falls into mediocrity eventually dumb ars.....

Name calling is not necessary.

- ET

7 minutes ago, Starless said:

And I don't agree with that assessment because I think most slippery slope arguments used to justify existing hierarchies regardless of their actual value are fallacious. 🤷‍♂️

these words try to sound smarter than what they actually mean lol

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

these words try to sound smarter than what they actually mean lol

I'm not trying to obfuscate anything. Most, if not all, workplaces would function a lot better with more input from employees. The NFL is no exception. 

• Like 1

Just now, Starless said:

I'm not trying to obfuscate anything. Most, if not all, workplaces would function a lot better with more input from employees. The NFL is no exception. 

I've hired and fired a lot of people, but I've never run it by the staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Talk about comparing apples and grenades...

These situations are NOTHING alike. The NFL is not a typical "workplace". The supply and demand is very narrow, very public and EXTREMELY competitive. Information alone can be worth hundreds of millions.

A better comp would be you suggesting that workplaces share IP with their workers, seeking input on how to best utilize it while ignoring the risk the employees they share it with can use it as leverage to reduce the value of the company.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

And where was your response to this one Yin-Yang?...LOL!!

I’d have probably responded, if you bothered to @ correctly. Looks like we can double down on the sarcasm going over your head, though. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Talk about comparing apples and grenades...

These situations are NOTHING alike. The NFL is not a typical "workplace". The supply and demand is very narrow, very public and EXTREMELY competitive. Information alone can be worth hundreds of millions.

A better comp would be you suggesting that workplaces share IP with their workers, seeking input on how to best utilize it while ignoring the risk the employees they share it with can use it as leverage to reduce the value of the company.

oops.....

• Like 2