Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm totally bias because if my prediction thread, but I see it like this.

Yes, Washington is on the East Coast & not the West Coast rumored to be Rodgers preferred destination.

And that could be a deal breaker, perhaps.

But aside from that?

Rodgers would be going to a team with a well respected Coach & coaching staff.

A division that would be much easier in winning than the AFC West, NFC South or NFC West.

A team with a top 5 Defense, a good Offensive Line & an Offense that has some very good weapons.

And a team that can actually afford Cap Wise, to allocate the resources necessary to add Rodgers to the team.

If I put my fan bias aside...and look at it from simply just a football perspective.

It's a no-brainer.

Strange as it seems, but the only thing that should be keeping Rodgers from wanting to come to Washington are 2 things...

1)Location

2)Snyder

And that should be it, although those could be 2 big reasons not too.

So we shall see...

what would you say is a staring offer from WFT??

12 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I can see GB asking for Chase Young and McLaurin, plus picks.

Please no.

2 of Young, Allen,  Sweat would be preferred over McLaurin.  Picks as well since they would likely be in the playoff bracket range 

15 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I can see GB asking for Chase Young and McLaurin, plus picks.

Please no

and GB would be laughed at id imagine. For one, GB isnt dealing from a position of strength, even if teams think Rodgers threats to sit out is a bluff, its still an untenable relationship. How many people see Rodgers on the team in 2022? I can see WFT giving one of the DT's who are close to getting a 2nd contract, or maybe even Brandon Scherff. OR, I could see Washington telling themselves the Dline is off limits, its a win now move and thats what makes the defense special. Given the circumstances, I think two 1s and a  2 or 3 (maybe both) would get it done. 

33 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Acting like what though, wanting to be valued? This isnt new trend, elite QBs typically have their opinion heard. GB has avoided  that. Theyve spoiled in some ways the career of one of the greatest QBs ever. I forget the exact stat but it was something along the lines of Rodgers has never thrown a td to a 1st round draft pick up until last year. In fact, in the 16 years since Rodgers was drafted, GB has drafted 3 other offensive players with their first... and one of those was Jordan Love. They guy was called Godgers for a reason, and essentially GB said Aaron makes our offense good enough lets focus on defense with our highest picks and then proceeded to have a very average draft record with their firsts (and seconds but thats besides the point). That would weigh on me as a competitor but it doesnt even seem like thats the main issue. As has been said ad nauseam, the best performing employees get some perks. It happens in a lot of good corporate jobs, heck, maybe even most of them. The best sales rep, the most organized accountant, the project manager that gets assigned the most jobs, etc, ect. Good companies will let them know when major changes are coming that affect their job, they may ask input on SOP changes. The lsit goes on. MOst elite QBs get the same privileges, they dont get to tell teams what to do but they get input. Gb ha avoided that hence here we are. 

GB has absolutely been spoiled w/ their QB situation. No one else can say what they have been able to in the past half century lol. Let's be real though; Rodgers might be part of the problem and his relationship w/ his family is my motivation for thinking that way.

While GB is certainly the problem, is it too outlandish to think Aaron might shoulder some of the blame himself?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

GB has absolutely been spoiled w/ their QB situation. No one else can say what they have been able to in the past half century lol. Let's be real though; Rodgers might be part of the problem and his relationship w/ his family is my motivation for thinking that way.

While GB is certainly the problem, is it too outlandish to think Aaron might shoulder some of the blame himself?

Not at all, nobody is perfect. We already know that Rodgers is extremely petty and that only exacerbates this most likely. BUT, that doesnt change anything from what I said. If what is out there is true, and from how things have played out in the last handful of years, it seems like they are, then GB has been hesitant to give Rodger's courtesies that essentially every other elite QB gets. 

If a Washington & Green Bay trade happened?

I would imagine that DL Matt Ionitus, OG Brandon Scherff & Ryan Fitzpatrick would be obvious possibilities in any trade including Aaron Rodgers.

Plus multiple 1 &/or 2nd round drafts as well.

I do not believe under any circumstances that Chase Young or Montez Sweat would be included.

I'd be shocked if big Deron Payne was...

The only one that would be possible is Johnathon Allen. And even then, I don't see that happening.

Matt Ionitus & Scherff are not only immediate starters, but Pro Bowl &/or All-Pro talent as it is.

Ionitus is on the last year of his deal & Scherff is on a Franchise Tag.

Ionitus is expendable because of what we already have along the D-line & Scherff won't or hasn't signed long term with us.

I honestly don't know what Players Rivera & Staff would be open to trading for Rodgers.

What I do know is, Rivera & management have spent a lot of time changing the culture & bringing in the right players to this organization.

But you got to have a QB to win in this league. 

Love or Hate Rodgers...He's one of the best in the League.

And they don't come cheap.

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

Yes it was Aaron Rodgers in name, but there were signs of declining performance for a few years.

So get him some WRs or a TE or more OL to bring the best out of him? He proved he still has it...

55 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

and GB would be laughed at id imagine. For one, GB isnt dealing from a position of strength, even if teams think Rodgers threats to sit out is a bluff, its still an untenable relationship. How many people see Rodgers on the team in 2022? I can see WFT giving one of the DT's who are close to getting a 2nd contract, or maybe even Brandon Scherff. OR, I could see Washington telling themselves the Dline is off limits, its a win now move and thats what makes the defense special. Given the circumstances, I think two 1s and a  2 or 3 (maybe both) would get it done. 

Since picks are generally devalued a full round per year, and that Rodgers probably would have WFT picking at the end of the round, two 1sts and a 2/3rd is the rough equivalent of a late 2nd and a pair of late 3rds. That adds up to a single high 2nd. You thing GB is moving Rodgers for ~530 draft points? 

26 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

2021-01-27-PackersFailure2-824x1024.png

Points scored by the Packers offense in playoff losses:

2011 - 20 Points 

2012 - 31 Points (Pretty decent showing let down by the defense)

2013 - 20 Points 

2014 - 22 Points (Wilson threw 4 INT this game) 

2015 - 20 Points

2016 - 21 Points

2019 - 20 Points

2020 - 26 Points (Pretty decent showing IMO but considering the 3 INT in the 2nd half 26 is pretty meh)

I mean I hate to say it but most of the Packers recent playoff losses have been due to pretty talented offenses with pretty talented supporting casts really underperforming. The defenses have not been great in a number of playoff losses but still you expect one of the highest paid players in the NFL to pick up the slack to an extent and he simply has folded more then put the team on his back. The Packers are to blame for the lack of superbowl appearances but Rodgers does share some of it. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Pool said:

This isn't firing Joe down on the docks, this is firing the most valuable company asset your company has who also brings in like 90% of your revenue. Example, I have a friend who is probably top 3 in his profession in the world and they had to let his partner of 10 years go. Do you think he just walked in to work and found out? Hell to the no, they had a meeting with him and discussed the whys hows etc. Like a  uh, professional.

I get your point, but I think it's a little far-fetched to claim Aaron Rodgers brings in 90% of the Packers revenue.