Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

22 minutes ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

Look at the last 4 playoff losses, points scored in the first half by the offense:

2015 - 6 points

2016 - 0 points

2019 - 0 points

2020 - 10 points

Not really fast starts either for a high powered offense.

Jordan Love would have put up more

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I completely agree.  These claims that Rodgers is worth 3 firsts and two premium players are absurd.  The 2-3 elite years he has left are just not worth such a high price. 

In addition, teams who are a quarterback away aren't going to want to give away their best players.  If they did that, what would be the point of it all?  You would be bringing in a guy who isn't much of a team player and he hasn't proven he can win in the playoffs without an elite supporting cast.

Two firsts and a third seem like a fair price for 2-3 years of improved QB play along with being saddled with one of the biggest contracts in the league.

Lol Stafford just went for 2 firsts and a 3rd. I'm not even staying on the line if I don't hear 3 firsts.

There won't be players traded for Rodgers. A team getting Rodgers is going for it, they don't want to deplete their current roster. Our fan base doesn't seem to get that.

3 first round picks, some mid rounders and if it's Denver, a vet like Bridgewater or in LVs case Mariota would be my ask.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol Stafford just went for 2 firsts and a 3rd. I'm not even staying on the line if I don't hear 3 firsts.

There won't be players traded for Rodgers. A team getting Rodgers is going for it, they don't want to deplete their current roster. Our fan base doesn't seem to get that.

3 first round picks, some mid rounders and if it's Denver, a vet like Bridgewater or in LVs case Mariota would be my ask.

It doesn't really matter how much a team trading for Rodgers doesn't "want" to trade away a player if GB is adamant about getting player(s) in return. 

Of course a team would prefer not to, just like they'd prefer not to trade as many 1st round picks as it might otherwise take - but they probably won't have much of a choice if GB wants a player in return.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's no harm in asking.  That just seems like a huge price to pay for a guy who probably only has 2-3 great years left in the tank.  I could certainly be wrong though.  All you need is one team who is willing to overpay.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

yet things dont happen in a vacuum. Rodgers trade value has undoubtedly gone down with this saga. Even if you think that Rodgers plays for GB in 2021, which i think is the most likely outcome fyi, its really hard to see him on the team in 2022 at this point. And theres the rumored threat of him just sitting this year out.  Everyone realizes how petty Rodgers is but some want to ignore that and say he'll just tuck tail and go back to GB, and its really not that simple. 

But I agree, players likely arent part of the equation, if you want to really argue for 3 1's instead of 2 and a couple of day 2 picks Im not going to fight you on it, although i personally think based on nothing thats the top end of what GB gets.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yet things dont happen in a vacuum. Rodgers trade value has undoubtedly gone down with this saga. Even if you think that Rodgers plays for GB in 2021, which i think is the most likely outcome fyi, its really hard to see him on the team in 2022 at this point. And theres the rumored threat of him just sitting this year out.  Everyone realizes how petty Rodgers is but some want to ignore that and say he'll just tuck tail and go back to GB, and its really not that simple. 

But I agree, players likely arent part of the equation, if you want to really argue for 3 1's instead of 2 and a couple of day 2 picks Im not going to fight you on it, although i personally think based on nothing thats the top end of what GB gets.

Why has it gone down? He's under contract for 3 years and AJ Hawk (who was with him all weekend at the Derby) says he got the vibe he has no desire to retire yet. Don't offer me what I want and I'll call Aaron's bluff and I feel pretty good he'll come back.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why has it gone down? He's under contract for 3 years and AJ Hawk (who was with him all weekend at the Derby) says he got the vibe he has no desire to retire yet. Don't offer me what I want and I'll call Aaron's bluff and I feel pretty good he'll come back.

and ill say cool, take that risk, roll the dice with dysfunction and maybe we will talk in a year when we go through this exercise again or Rodgers gets the security he wants. Rodgers is then 38 and trade value is even lower. 

AJ Hawk also said Rodgers feels hes been mistreated for years and from what he (hawk) can tell a reconciliation seems difficult. so theres that.

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My guess is the threat of retirement probably came from his agent as a way to try and create more leverage in contract/extension negotiations.  People can say he is petty, but he is also competitive and I'd bet that the urge to compete would win out over his bitterness with the front office.

Posted (edited)

This is not a case of let's sell Rodgers to the highest bidder because we want to. It's either a) we are not trading him (whatever the consequence) or b) we must trade him. There is no middle ground of maybe we'll trade him if the package is right. 

If GB decides they must trade him, the package they get will be reflective of that. Plus Rodgers will need to sign off on the team/destination (that's QB privledge) which further reduces the compensation going back, as once there is a preferred singular destination, the returning package reduces. 

A team being forced to trade their QB gets shafted. Wentz went for 2nd+3rd. Don't bring up the Stafford trade because Goff is negative value going back to DET and more importantly, Stafford didn't force the trade, so DET was able to trade him on their own terms. 

Edited by CriminalMind

I predict that Rodgers will play this year in GB and after the season will get moved for less draft picks than we expect.  It'll give Love a second year to get ready and they can get maybe the last elite year of Rodgers career.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

thats pretty ugly. And I get it, GB has relied on Rodgers to drag them along for so long, people expect him to overcome that. However, youre being too kind when you say a he had a talented surrounding cast. Hes usually had at least one very good WR target, but thats about it when it comes to stand outs. Randall got old quick,

what even is this.
2010:  Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley
2011:  Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Driver, Randall Cobb, Finley one of the best wr corps of all time.

2012: same as above with some extra bodies.

2013: Nelson, Cobb and Jones were still elite at their spots, they added lacy who WON rookie of the year at rb.
2014: Drafted Davante adams, Nelson, Cobb, lacy 

2015: Nelson goes on IR, they resign jones, this year was awful 
2016: Nelson 16 tds 1200 yards, comeback player of the year, Adams 997 yards, cobb 610

2017: Adams becomes number one, Cobb and Nelson trending down, Aaron Jones gets drafted
2018: Team signs Jimmy Graham, Rodgers gets injured, team plays awful qbs and goes 7-9, MVS drafted
2019: Adams, Graham, Jones, MVS, Lazard, Room is still green but productive, Adams and Jones are studs, Team goes 13-3

2020: One of the most prolific offenses of all time, add tonyan. go 13-3

stop listening to the talking heads talking about playmaykerz. only in 2015 and 2018 the team had bad skill position players, and 2015 because of injury.

5 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

what even is this.
2010:  Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley
2011:  Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Driver, Randall Cobb, Finley one of the best wr corps of all time.

2012: same as above with some extra bodies.

2013: Nelson, Cobb and Jones were still elite at their spots, they added lacy who WON rookie of the year at rb.
2014: Drafted Davante adams, Nelson, Cobb, lacy 

2015: Nelson goes on IR, they resign jones, this year was awful 
2016: Nelson 16 tds 1200 yards, comeback player of the year, Adams 997 yards, cobb 610

2017: Adams becomes number one, Cobb and Nelson trending down, Aaron Jones gets drafted
2018: Team signs Jimmy Graham, Rodgers gets injured, team plays awful qbs and goes 7-9, MVS drafted
2019: Adams, Graham, Jones, MVS, Lazard, Room is still green but productive, Adams and Jones are studs, Team goes 13-3

2020: One of the most prolific offenses of all time, add tonyan. go 13-3

stop listening to the talking heads talking about playmaykerz. only in 2015 and 2018 the team had bad skill position players, and 2015 because of injury.

im gonna ignore the 2011 comment. i clearly said in the earlier years they had a scary offensive cast. 2014 in the elimnation game (which is what we're talking about) jeff janis was his main weapon. if in 2017 adams is your #1 and you have old jordy nelson, that aint great, 2018 you said the name jimmy graham like its good, 2019, again graham, but then lazarad and mvs. Tthe later  two who very possibly could struggle to see 2nd contracts.  and thats the point, youre forced to say these really average or worse names as weapons Rodgers has. 

You really didnt even combat anything i said, just listed off names, and a decent amount of them arent good. I get the inhuries caused it in 2014 playoffs, but after the surrounding cast dropped off. Like I said, theres always been one really good guy, but you need more than that. 

Going to be outrageously annoying if he goes to an AFC team.

AFC would be outrageously more competitive than the NFC

AFC
Mahomes
(Rodgers?)
Allen
Jackson
Herbert
Tannehill
Mayfield
(Watson?)
Are all high end starting options IMO. Then you have guys like Burrow, Roethlisberger, Carr who can certainly put up numbers when they're on. The "low end" starters are going to be guys like Trevor Lawrence and Carson Wentz in this conference smh

Please stay on Packers Aaron

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I predict that Rodgers will play this year in GB and after the season will get moved for less draft picks than we expect.  It'll give Love a second year to get ready and they can get maybe the last elite year of Rodgers career.

He's gonna retire for a year, come back and play for the Jets

Theres been good talent, not every single year but for most of his tenure. I meant to show that this idea that he has been hung out to dry is false. Rodgers is an all world talent but his bad habits were messing with his game, suddenly he fixed them this year.
The defense has been a problem because of coaching and the 2015 draft, they let go some key defensive talent after drafting randall and rollins, none of the players stuck. and they eventually had to replace them with king and Alexander, thats 3 drafts of premium picks to fix the secondary, no room for picking receivers.