Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I agree on his point with longevity, but agree with you with risk...

i know. that's exactly the trade-off. If Stafford and Goff were both young and less risky (i.e. better) the compensations wouldn't be in remotely the same ballpark.

An example of a QB who has less longevity AND more risk than those two is Ryan Fitzpatrick lol

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, he's got two options: Either show up for preseason football with the Packers or retire to host Jeopardy.  We're talking about arguably one of the 2 best players in the NFL.  Do you really think he's gonna retire?  He's not walking away from being one of the best players in the game.

A third option is he could just sit out out of spite. That's where he has some leverage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

A third option is he could just sit out out of spite. That's where he has some leverage.

Yeah, if he really wanted to, he could Jalen Ramsey or Trent Williams it too. Play/retire certainly aren’t his only options.

Just now, squire12 said:

what does Rodgers gain in doing that?

Well, he lowers trade value for the Packers, keeps his Cap Space Hold and he can still host Jeopardy and collect a nice paycheck while audition for his future beyond football.  

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Well, he lowers trade value for the Packers, keeps his Cap Space Hold and he can still host Jeopardy and collect a nice paycheck while audition for his future beyond football.  

and eventually come back and play for Minnesota

If GB really believes Love can/will be the future, I feel like trying to maximize Rodgers trade value after an MVP season would be ideal. You are basically trading a short 1-2 year championship window for what you believer to be another decade of contending years congruent with Favre and Rodgers' runs. 

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what is the difference in Rodgers retiring vs Rodgers sitting out?

Sitting out keeps his contract on the book of the GB salary cap, retiring takes it off but they can retain his trade rights for the next three years, Benefits Rodgers to just sit out.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

If GB really believes Love can/will be the future, I feel like trying to maximize Rodgers trade value after an MVP season would be ideal. You are basically trading a short 1-2 year championship window for what you believer to be another decade of contending years congruent with Favre and Rodgers' runs. 

And eliminates Rodgers complaining to the media

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, he's got two options: Either show up for preseason football with the Packers or retire to host Jeopardy.  We're talking about arguably one of the 2 best players in the NFL.  Do you really think he's gonna retire?  He's not walking away from being one of the best players in the game.

Seems option 3 is to become a cancer to a locker room he's stated he's no longer interested in being apart of. 

Once you start badmouthing your GM to players on the team, I'm sorry, I don't care how good of a player, you're done.

They'll continue to say he's not available, and teams will continue to submit offers. They'll take the best one in June and move on.

Sad it came to this, good luck to the next team that has Aaron. Be sure to do everything he wants personnel wise and never say anything that might offend him. Oh also, make sure you don't do anything to prepare for the day his old self retires either. 

• Like 2