Jump to content

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"


Recommended Posts

Just now, Cutler06 said:

That's BS, that's EXACTLY his complaint. He bitched about drafting Love when they needed another WR or Oline, they chose a guys who was going to sit on the bench.

Yeah they really needed another WR to help secure that top scoring offense and MVP season for the QB who now wants out....

They just NEEDED it SO BAD.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lancerman said:

He isn’t getting the Jeopardy gig. 

And you KNOW this how ?? From all reports he was well received

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah they really needed another WR to help secure that top scoring offense and MVP season for the QB who now wants out....

They just NEEDED it SO BAD.

Then what's he bitchin' about ??  The color of the uni's ???

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what is the difference in Rodgers retiring vs Rodgers sitting out?

retiring involves him returning 10 mil this year and 10 mil next year in signing bonuses he was just given last year. Him sitting out means he doesnt have to pay it back but the team has every right to fine him each week he doesnt show up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

And you KNOW this how ?? From all reports he was well received

So was Ken Jennings who is far more associated with the show and got better ratings. Most jeopardy fans thought he was okay but nothing special. He’s not someone they are excited to see hosting in the future, there are too many sentimental favorites and I doubt they give it to an athlete 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Sitting out keeps his contract on the book of the GB salary cap, retiring takes it off but they can retain his trade rights for the next three years, Benefits Rodgers to just sit out.

So sitting out GB still has the cap charge held for 2021.   GB retains his rights.    Since the cap hit for trading him, him playing, or him sitting is about the same ($37M sit or play vs $38M to trade), no financial difference salary cap implication wise for 2021 in either scenario for GB.  Rodgers gets the likely fines, though he can afford those. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

For sure, it will be the theme of the first week of camp, but I think after the first preseason game (assuming it's a good performance and not a poor one) I think it shifts towards an excitement to see what Love can become.

In Wisconsin, perhaps. Outside of Wisconsin, over with the Disney Sports Network? Unless Love is BETTER than Rodgers, it's the front and center question.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The window is open because of Rodgers. Once he's gone, the window is shifted. The worst thing we could do is expect Love to be a title contender year one. We're moving on from the short window into hopefully a longer window, but that window opens 2-3 years from now.

I think GB could actually parlay this into a really good situation for themselves because they already have Love on the roster. They dont need to go out and do QB shopping.

If Rodgers really tells the FO to kick rocks and to trade him, they could get a nice haul back and have multiple 1s in each of the next two drafts to build around Love.

ESPN today had the Broncos offering two 1sts, Tim Patrick (WR2), Patrick Surtain Jr (CB2) and Drew Lock for Rodgers/Stokes

IF the Packers took that, they would have a helluva team around Love/Lock AND have multiple 1s to keep adding a crap ton of talent in the next few seasons.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

Then what's he bitchin' about ??  The color of the uni's ???

lol....

It has nothing to do with what the team "needed", he is just mad that the Packers started looking towards a future without him... He is being a primadonna and taking everything the Packers FO does personally instead of realizing it is just business. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think GB could actually parlay this into a really good situation for themselves because they already have Love on the roster. They dont need to go out and do QB shopping.

If Rodgers really tells the FO to kick rocks and to trade him, they could get a nice haul back and have multiple 1s in each of the next two drafts to build around Love.

ESPN today had the Broncos offering two 1sts, Tim Patrick (WR2), Patrick Surtain Jr (CB2) and Drew Lock for Rodgers/Stokes

IF the Packers took that, they would have a helluva team around Love/Lock AND have multiple 1s to keep adding a crap ton of talent in the next few seasons.

Yeah, and they would clear up tons of cap space in future years. At that point it just comes down to if Love can play QB or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How many teams right now can actually trade for Rodgers & take on his cap hit?

That's the question everybody should be asking.

Sure, teams can cut players, sign extensions, etc. to alleviate the cost.

But how many can actually do it right now, without crunching numbers?

My guess without researching, is probably a handful & not destinations Rodgers wants to go.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Then what's he bitchin' about ??  The color of the uni's ???

$ - it's always the $.   He wants to be the highest paid QB in the league and he wants actual contract security instead of playing yr-to-yr at the Packers whim.    Any sideshows about Jake Kumerow being the last straw and any other crap is just silliness.  He's a 16 year veteran and has seen countless players come and go and seen countless front offices across the league operate, as have his agents.   He wants crazy amounts of $, and if he gets it will be primarily responsible for the degradation of our roster moving forward.

And this whole fiasco has to be giving Jeopardy! producers serious pause, if he was even seriously being considered, which I doubt.   As a Packers fan who grew up with season tickets, I'm all for putting a Ken Jennings statue outside of Lambeau.

Edited by Kampfgeist
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

lol....

It has nothing to do with what the team "needed", he is just mad that the Packers started looking towards a future without him... He is being a primadonna and taking everything the Packers FO does personally instead of realizing it is just business. 

an outsider who gets it!

yay :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

That's BS, that's EXACTLY his complaint. He bitched about drafting Love when they needed another WR or Oline, they chose a guys who was going to sit on the bench.

so Rodgers complained about needing another WR or OL on a team that then went on to be top 2-3 in the NFL in scoring with a really solid OL..... 2 all pro, 1 2nd year player that was Pro Bowl?   If that is his stance on the roster construction going into 2021, he certainly should not be involved in personnel decisions

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah, and they would clear up tons of cap space in future years. At that point it just comes down to if Love can play QB or not.

Exactly, either way they will have to find that out in the next 2-3 years even with Rodgers.

If I were them, I would bet on the future. Take both Love/Lock and put them into a competition and reap all of the rewards from the draft compensation they would get in a trade to build a great team. 

They need to trade him while his value is at its highest right now instead of squeezing each of the last 2-3 years out of Rodgers they can while he would be playing pissed off in a situation he doesnt want to be in.

Edited by AkronsWitness
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...