Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except there is no "must trade him" option.  That implies that the Packers are going to ship him out no matter what the offer is.

The "must trade him" option only happens once the wild circus (whatever is involved in that) gets to much for ownership and they make a call to the GM to move him

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

The "must trade him" option only happens once the wild circus (whatever is involved in that) gets to much for ownership and they make a call to the GM to move him

there is no ownership in GB, FYI

The GM, president and HC run the show.

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think this is accurate whatsoever.

So far, the two teams most linked to him are division rivals chasing Mahomes and the Chiefs. They are both motivated to compete with Mahomes AND to prevent their rival from landing Rodgers.

So it has all appearances of being exactly the case you say it's not: a bidding war between LV and DEN

I still don't see an actual bidding war happens.

Rodgers may have expressed some initial desire for LV and DEN. If it gets to the point where GB would like (or must) move him.

Order of events:

DEN and LV will make their intention known to Rodgers agent. If both are interested, the agent tells Rodgers. Rodgers likely than says "okay cool, I chose DEN if they give me X contract extension". Agent communicates that to DEN and DEN agrees. Agent calls LV and says Rodgers wants to go to DEN and won't report to LV. No actual offer from LV to GB happens for Rodgers. The only offer actually on the table would therefore be from DEN, abeit a lower than ideal one. 

Star QBs choose their destination. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Wentz situatiom 2.0

2-3 teams initially interested. Wentz wanted Indy. All other teams found out through agent. There was only one offer on the table for Philly to actually accept (Indy's)

You know Carson Wentz was probably the worst QB in football last year right?

If Christian Mccaffrey and Myles Gaskin both want out, is that the same situation?

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, he's got two options: Either show up for preseason football with the Packers or retire to host Jeopardy.  We're talking about arguably one of the 2 best players in the NFL.  Do you really think he's gonna retire?  He's not walking away from being one of the best players in the game.

Interestingly enough, people keep talking about Rodgers leaving for Jeopardy....A job I don't believe he's even been offered yet....Jennings, Cooper & Burton are potential roadblocks for that position....

55 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You know Carson Wentz was probably the worst QB in football last year right?

If Christian Mccaffrey and Myles Gaskin both want out, is that the same situation?

QBs are the team leaders and respresent the organization differently then RBs. It's not comparable.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It sounds like this thing is really getting ugly.

the more that comes out painting Rodgers as a guy who would do ish detrimental to the team like tell guys not to re-sign the less return the Packers can expect from him. 

At this point, call the bluff, let the dude retire. 

• Like 1

Trying to dissuade potential free agents from coming to the team makes it apparent that Rodgers has not had the team's interest in mind for quite a while now.  If I were a Packer fan, I would have to think that this makes Brett Favre look like a boy scout in comparison.