Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

UncleBuckInTheHouse right here

I could end up being wrong, Malf, but I just think they should have a pretty good season.  That's not even a homer call anymore.  I'm a Jags fan from now on.  :)

6 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Wentz situatiom 2.0

2-3 teams initially interested. Wentz wanted Indy. All other teams found out through agent. There was only one offer on the table for Philly to actually accept (Indy's)

Let me use one statistic to put this into perspective.  8.89 vs 3.98.  That's their ANY/A last year.  That's why that Wentz comparison is awful.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Let me use one statistic to put this into perspective.  8.89 vs 3.98.  That's their ANY/A last year.  That's why that Wentz comparison is awful.

If it gets to the point... when theres inevitably one $.60 offer left on the table, after everyone else removes their offers, we'll come back to this.

When it comes to QBs making big money, the QB's agent is basically the first point of contact with other teams (not necessarily the QBs original team)

A big difference there is the Packers want Rodgers back this year. I'd say it would be better to refuse to trade him than accept a discount offer. Usually it's the team that wants to move the guy, I don't really think the Packers do. That gives them a better negotiating position.

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

the more that comes out painting Rodgers as a guy who would do ish detrimental to the team like tell guys not to re-sign the less return the Packers can expect from him. 

At this point, call the bluff, let the dude retire. 

A lot of these reports are clearly false. David Bakhtiari one of, if not Aaron Rodgers's best friend in that locker room, signed an extension with GB. Aaron Jones resigned with Green Bay, Marcedes Lewis, the person who calmed Aaron Rodgers down after the Jordan Love picked, resigned. 

The Packers were never going to be able to keep all of their Free Agents, but they did a really good job of keeping most of them. This story sounds like a bunch of hog wash, don't roll with it. 

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

A lot of these reports are clearly false. David Bakhtiari one of, if not Aaron Rodgers's best friend in that locker room, signed an extension with GB. Aaron Jones resigned with Green Bay, Marcedes Lewis, the person who calmed Aaron Rodgers down after the Jordan Love picked, resigned. 

The Packers were never going to be able to keep all of their Free Agents, but they did a really good job of keeping most of them. This story sounds like a bunch of hog wash, don't roll with it. 

The initial report confirmed with players and stated the the players didn't believe him. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The initial report confirmed with players and stated the the players didn't believe him. 

Aaron has openly stated he didn't know his future with Green Bay in MULTIPLE reports. It's very clear the narrative is being changed to him trying to convince Free Agents not to resign with GB because he wouldn't be there (That narrative is all over twitter) -- This is one of those reports, that you can really see where the narrative is being manipulated from and put two and two together. It doesn't add up, regardless of what people say is "confirmed". 

I'm not saying Aaron is innocent in all this, he certainly is not. However, I just don't buy this story in the slightest and think it's being blown way out of proportion. The media is really good at attempting to paint Aaron Rodger's as the bad guy. Think of it like politics when it comes to the media reports. Your conservative media anchors are painting Aaron Rodger's in a bad light and your more liberal one's are painting the Green Bay Packers in a bad light. 

It's up to you as the viewer to decide what you do and don't believe. This is one of those that I don't believe. Both Green Bay and Aaron Rodger's have drawn a line in the sand, I'm choosing to walk on the line instead of picking a side. They're both wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If it gets to the point... when theres inevitably one $.60 offer left on the table, after everyone else removes their offers, we'll come back to this.

When it comes to QBs making big money, the QB's agent is basically the first point of contact with other teams (not necessarily the QBs original team)

No, there's no way that Rodgers' value drops anywhere near Wentz's value.  None.  Wentz was arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL last year.  Rodgers was the best.  If the offers aren't good, they won't trade him.  It's that simple.  They're not trading him for pennies on the dollar.

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Any contact by another team or to another team by an agent or player under contract is illegal tampering right? If the stories are true Rodgers and his agent are guilty so do the Packers let it go or rub their noses in it. 

2 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Any contact by another team or to another team by an agent or player under contract is illegal tampering right? If the stories are true Rodgers and his agent are guilty so do the Packers let it go or rub their noses in it. 

Players aren't subject to tampering rules, teams are.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Players aren't subject to tampering rules, teams are.

But if another team (i.e. not Green Bay) talks to a players' agent, it's tampering.  IF Las Vegas or Denver have been shown to tamper with Rodgers' agent, they're going to get punished.  Severely.