Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

If Denver doesn't want to play ball and offer up Jeudy or Sutton that's fine. Just trade him to Las Vegas then for an entire draft class or 2. Then Denver can deal with 3 elite quarterbacks in their division and waste all those rookie contracts they don't want to give up anyway.

Edited by Rodjahs12
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t get what Rodgers is doing here by telling free agents he won’t be there long. He’s complaining about not having talent but then scaring them off. What kind of lebron BS is this 

Yep. His whining is baseless.

In 2020 GB drafted two offensive weapons with their first 3 picks, drafted 3 OL later, signed a former #1 WR coming off injury in FA, and signed a top 5 RT in free agency. 

In 2021 we signed the #1 LT in the league and Aaron Jones and offered to restructure/extend him to free up 2021 cap to go after JuJu SS and he refused.

And now he's in full meltdown mode with the draft-morning manufactured leaks and subsequent media manipulation.

Are we still believing that Rodgers told teammates and FAs he wasn't coming back? I'm sure he definitely told Marcedes Lewis before he re-signed at the end of March for two years, and then seemed completely shocked by the news last week. If he would have told anyone, it's Big Dog

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Are we still believing that Rodgers told teammates and FAs he wasn't coming back? I'm sure he definitely told Marcedes Lewis before he re-signed at the end of March for two years, and then seemed completely shocked by the news last week. If he would have told anyone, it's Big Dog

I dunno. I don't care what he talks to other players about. I was just addressing the false narrative about giving him "weapons".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If Denver doesn't want to play ball and offer up Jeudy or Sutton that's fine. Just trade him to Las Vegas then for an entire draft class or 2. Then Denver can deal with 3 elite quarterbacks in their division and waste all those rookie contracts they don't want to give up anyway.

xD

• Like 2

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Those situations are shockingly different. 

Ok?

Do you have a point here that you originally quoted me about regarding how fans are capable of distinguishing "should" and "could" as it relates to trade value?

It seems obvious to me that a fan can simultaneously think a player will cost "x" in a trade but have a personal opinion they are only worth "y". That ability (which we all prove hundreds of times a day) can fully explain the post I first quoted that I was responding to. 

I'm not sure what your point is here?

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

I mean you unironically believe his trade value is Matt Stafford's so I guess we're both laughing here.

I would be willing to wager that my estimation ends up being a lot closer to what actually happens than your estimate of two entire drafts.  Come on, man.  That's pie in the sky for any 37-38 year old quarterback. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I would be willing to wager that my estimation ends up being a lot closer to what actually happens than your estimate of two entire drafts.  Come on, man.  That's pie in the sky for any 37-38 year old quarterback. 

I'd probably respect your football opinions a lot more if you weren't a 60 year old man who switched his favorite team simply because his new team across the country he has zero connection to had the opportunity to draft Trevor Lawrence along with a bevy of picks to go along with it but I digress. Carry on and uh Skol for old times sake.

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I mean you unironically believe his trade value is Matt Stafford's so I guess we're both laughing here.

I mentioned in a previous post that Stafford's actual value probably isn't worth the price the Rams paid for him.  I think they overpaid because they wanted to get rid of Goff's bloated contract at the same time.

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

2 entire drafts is about equal to 3 first round picks and a 2nd probably.

Similar value, very different structure. Nobody will trade an entire draft class, however because of the structural issues.

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I'd probably respect your football opinions a lot more if you weren't a 60 year old man who switched his favorite team simply because his new team across the country he has zero connection to had the opportunity to draft Trevor Lawrence along with a bevy of picks to go along with it but I digress. Carry on and uh Skol for old times sake.

Meh.  I won't say that Trevor wasn't a big part of why I switched to the Jags, but he isn't the only reason.  At the same time, an unproven rookie is no guarantee that a team that has been among the worst in the league for over a decade and went 1-15 last year is going to turn it around.

Whatever.  Go Pack Go for old times sake too.    

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Ok?

Do you have a point here that you originally quoted me about regarding how fans are capable of distinguishing "should" and "could" as it relates to trade value?

It seems obvious to me that a fan can simultaneously think a player will cost "x" in a trade but have a personal opinion they are only worth "y". That ability (which we all prove hundreds of times a day) can fully explain the post I first quoted that I was responding to. 

I'm not sure what your point is here?

your talking outta your butt man. Touting a market value with no basis. 

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

your talking outta your butt man. Touting a market value with no basis. 

Nobody has any idea what you're talking about lol

I never once "touted" a market value.

Are you reading someone else's posts but accidentally replying to mine?

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Exactly.  If I supposedly "ran away," I could have picked a team that didn't just go 1-15. 

I actually have a buddy that switched from a Packer fan to a Jaguars fan about 3 years ago. I don't know what it is about the Jaguars but for some reason he loves the pain.

• Like 1