Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

I actually have a buddy that switched from a Packer fan to a Jaguars fan about 3 years ago. I don't know what it is about the Jaguars but for some reason he loves the pain.

Hahaha!  I'm not really into pain.  I just picked them because I'm probably going to move down to Florida in the next few years, and I liked the fact that they blew it all up the way I'd like to see the Vikings do it.  Blow it up, get your QB, and start all over with a new regime.  Mike Zimmer is a very good coach, but I don't see him being able to get it done as long as they are paying Cousins like a superstar.

I'm also looking at as a good omen that they are possibly going to bring Tim Tebow in this year.  Even if he never plays a snap, I'm loving the fact that he will be a part of it all. 

Lots of things to like about Jacksonville, in spite of the 1-15 record and over a decade of brutal play.  :)

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It seems obvious to me that a fan can simultaneously think a player will cost "x" in a trade but have a personal opinion they are only worth "y". That ability (which we all prove hundreds of times a day) can fully explain the post I first quoted that I was responding to. 

But it doesn’t, at all.

I’m specifically referencing the group that both believe that he can’t be motivated unless he’s on the hot seat *and* that no team should be worried about him underperforming or having a limited number of elite seasons after commanding a massive trade. Those that are simultaneously arguing that two different coaches couldn’t motivate Rodgers, but that it’s a guarantee he will be top-tier Rodgers for another team who pays top dollar for him.

If you only think one of these things (e.g. you as a fan of the team want the big haul, but don’t think the value actually would pan out for the other team or you think that the Packers were wrong in their previous evaluation of the situation), congrats, you’re not someone making the contradiction I was referencing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I’m specifically referencing the group that both believe that he can’t be motivated unless he’s on the hot seat *and* that no team should be worried about him underperforming or having a limited number of elite seasons after commanding a massive trade. Those that are simultaneously arguing that two different coaches couldn’t motivate Rodgers, but that it’s a guarantee he will be top-tier Rodgers for another team who pays top dollar for him.

I'm not sure that group exists. I haven't met any. But if they are more than theoretical, I agree, it's a contradiction.

Edited by incognito_man

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not sure that group exists. I haven't met any.

You literally just have to look at the replies to my original post to see that people are defending it and saying that they are both correct and aren’t a contradiction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'd argue they do.  Watching Rodgers in 2018 was painful.  It was painful because it was clear that the relationship between Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers wasn't fixable.  The Arizona game is living proof of Rodgers tanked 2018.  And there's a couple of Packer Twitters that show Rodgers leaving a TON of yards on the field.  I believe in 2018 he blew by the record for most throwaways in an NFL season.  All in favor of hero ball.  PFR doesn't go back far enough, but in 2018 and 2019 he averaged 8.8 IAY/PA.  That number dropped to 7.9 last year.  He finally took what he was given last year, and the success was remarkable.  You can probably chalk up 2019's issues with learning a new offensive system, which Rodgers even admitted was a bit of a stumbling block.  It wasn't as bad as 2018, but it clearly wasn't an offensive philosophy that Rodgers had bought in on.

Given what the Packers knew at the time, Rodgers had been bad for 2 years.  There was no evidence that the 2020 season was going to happen, ergo they took Jordan Love.  It wasn't until after they took Jordan Love that Rodgers "suddenly" remembered how to play QB at a high level.  Either Aaron found the fountain of youth in terms of QB play, or he wasn't motivated.  I'd go with the latter given the proof that it's in the pudding so to speak.

Despite saying that they do mesh and aren’t a contradiction, you only addressed half of the contradiction. He tanked 2018 and 2019. In 2019, the team got rid of the coach he hated, and had a team that went 13-3. He couldn’t get motivated to play when the team was 7-1 halfway through the season? Why should any other team be confident he won’t do that to them if things aren’t perfect?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Because he's petty and will want to rub it in to GB that he's elite and they were foolish to take a QB, this is pretty obvious if you understand the man.

So if he’s this petty, and that’s a guaranteed driving force for him that can’t be broken, how come he wasn’t challenging for MVP in 2019? If you’re absolutely certain he’d stick it to the Packers after he left by being the best version of himself and there’s no risk, why didn’t the pettiness to show McCarthy how wrong he was about everything they fought about drive him then?

If that chance to live off of pettiness didn’t drive him because of whatever other factors were at hand in 2019, and it was only the fact that he was pushed by Love that got him back in the game, how is it pretty obvious that pettiness will drive him now?

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t get what Rodgers is doing here by telling free agents he won’t be there long. He’s complaining about not having talent but then scaring them off. What kind of lebron BS is this 

I don't really see what's wrong if a FA reached out to Rodgers and asked him if he'll be the QB going forward, and Rodgers being honest "I really don't know if I'll be, I might not be their preferred guy"

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pwny said:

Despite saying that they do mesh and aren’t a contradiction, you only addressed half of the contradiction. He tanked 2018 and 2019. In 2019, the team got rid of the coach he hated, and had a team that went 13-3. He couldn’t get motivated to play when the team was 7-1 halfway through the season? Why should any other team be confident he won’t do that to them if things aren’t perfect?

You don't think Rodgers is capable of holding a grudge and wanting to prove that the GB front office was in the wrong?

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You don't think Rodgers is capable of holding a grudge and wanting to prove that the GB front office was in the wrong?

Is he capable? Sure.

Is it a foregone conclusion that he will play elite for multiple years for another team solely because he is holding a grudge and wants to prove a point? No. 

29 minutes ago, pwny said:

So if he’s this petty, and that’s a guaranteed driving force for him that can’t be broken, how come he wasn’t challenging for MVP in 2019? If you’re absolutely certain he’d stick it to the Packers after he left by being the best version of himself and there’s no risk, why didn’t the pettiness to show McCarthy how wrong he was about everything they fought about drive him then?

He got what he wanted in McCarthy fired.  

He came out prior to the 2020 season....after Love was drafted....that he did some film study on himself and went back to some fundamental things that had been "neglected" ( not sure the exact wording used).

That is where the connection to Love being drafted as lighting a fire under Rodgers that lead to the resurgence in 2020

29 minutes ago, pwny said:

If that chance to live off of pettiness didn’t drive him because of whatever other factors were at hand in 2019, and it was only the fact that he was pushed by Love that got him back in the game, how is it pretty obvious that pettiness will drive him now?

Pettiness is a fickle thing.  What someone finds to drive the pettiness is not all inclusive.

There is also some level of confidence/arrogance in coaches and GM's that they will be able to unleash the best performance in players.