Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  Schefty doesn't drop the ball very often, but it sure looks like he jumped the gun on this one.

The price sometimes paid for trying to be the first to break a story.....The shock value of the first announcement far outweighs those of the second and third....

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

how does this contradict his reports? Its exactly what he was saying all through the draft of random shows... 

You don't see how it contradicts his report? He literally stated that they were told by LEAGUE and TEAM sources ON Thursday 

He later states there wasn't a source and it's just an accumulation of information over the months and not something he was told ON that day. That doesn't contradict one another to you? Interesting.

Edited by Nick_gb

13 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You don't see how it contradicts his report? He literally stated that they were told by LEAGUE and TEAM sources ON Thursday 

He later states there wasn't a source and it's just an accumulation of information over the months and not something he was told ON that day. That doesn't contradict one another to you? Interesting.

no, because he said he wasnt told by a source ON THAT DAY. He was collecting info from his sources throughout the off-season and dropped it on draft day. Reading comprehension is important. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

no, because he said he wasnt told by a source ON THAT DAY. He was collecting info from his sources throughout the off-season and dropped it on draft day. Reading comprehension is important. 

Reading comprehension is extremely important, so allow me to teach you how to utilize yours. 

In this tweet here, he states that "League and team sources told ESPN on Thursday" -- Meaning, they were told THAT day (Thursday the day of the draft) 

He later comes on and states there were no sources and the information was accumulated OVER months -- These are two entirely different statements and outright contradict one another. Again, reading comprehension is extremely important. 

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Reading comprehension is extremely important, so allow me to teach you how to utilize yours. 

In this tweet here, he states that "League and team sources told ESPN on Thursday" -- Meaning, they were told THAT day (Thursday the day of the draft) 

He later comes on and states there were no sources and the information was accumulated OVER months -- These are two entirely different statements and outright contradict one another. Again, reading comprehension is extremely important. 

Told ESPN

ESPN

is Adam Schefter a multimedia sports organization?

Or is Adam Schefter the dude telling ESPN, from his league and team sources

hmmmmm

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Told ESPN

ESPN

is Adam Schefter a multimedia sports organization?

Or is Adam Schefter the dude telling ESPN, from his league and team sources

hmmmmm

This isn’t going to go anywhere. I understand how admitting when you’re wrong can be complicated. Therefor, I’m just going to opt not to argue with someone of that mindset. It’s more wasted energy then wasting time crying over wasted time. 

2 hours ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

All I know is if there was truly nothing to this story Rodgers would quash it quick. Schefter is a tool, but there is a real rift here that may not be reconciled.

Packers offer a Rodgers Mahomes money, the relationship will magically be healed. We can all pretend this is about something else but I’m pretty sure it’s just money and a big fat signing bonus. 

4 hours ago, Leoric said:

Packers offer a Rodgers Mahomes money, the relationship will magically be healed. We can all pretend this is about something else but I’m pretty sure it’s just money and a big fat signing bonus. 

Rodgers doesn't want just more money though, he wants security.  But the Packers drafted Jordan Love.  Unless they are cool with waiting until his 5th-year to see if he can play, then I'm not sure the Rodgers/Packers will come to any solution with his contract.  They have different mindsets.

I get both sides.  Packers didn't know how much longer Rodgers had or how well he would do and they had an opportunity to draft a young QB they really liked.  Would I have done the same thing?  Nah, I think you go all-in with Rodgers while you have the chance, but I get it.  And on the other hand, I don't blame Rodgers for feeling some kind of way about his lack of security.  Would you feel super motivated to play for a team that, no matter how well you do, will move on from you after the season?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

This isn’t going to go anywhere. I understand how admitting when you’re wrong can be complicated. Therefor, I’m just going to opt not to argue with someone of that mindset. It’s more wasted energy then wasting time crying over wasted time. 

Struggling to understand how it makes a lick of difference regardless of the tiny semantics we are arguing. Dude still has the best sources in the business. Dude is still reporting the issues. If anything this implies a WORSE situation between Aaron and GB because it didn't just come to a head, its been consistent all off-season. 

8 hours ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

All I know is if there was truly nothing to this story Rodgers would quash it quick. Schefter is a tool, but there is a real rift here that may not be reconciled.

Some things may be hard to simply quash....Rodgers referencing Gute to Jerry Krause is something that could be an continued source of embarrassment with the front office.....This along with Rodger's posse to which he is confiding this sort of descension...

8 hours ago, A_Biased_Fan said:

Yeah Schefter did the same thing with Brady and the Pats last year basically using an accumulation of information to suggest Brady was likely gone. If this was a non story, the Packers and Rodgers would be calling this bs. They aren't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Some things may be hard to simply quash....Rodgers referencing Gute to Jerry Krause is something that could be an continued source of embarrassment with the front office.....This along with Rodger's posse to which he is confiding this sort of descension...

...how on earth is this hard to squash? 

• Like 1