Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that is really depends though. If it's a lesser team, of course it won't be two 1sts. But what about a franchise likeKansas City? They are going to be picks late in the rounds...big difference. 

If I'm the Packers, I'm trying to smooth things over with Rodgers. If Rodgers is there...Adams will probably fall in line. If it is irreparable, I'm trading him to the highest AFC bidder. But then again...I'm not emotionally invested in the situation.

Thats true, it can always be solved. However, if Rodgers does what nobody thinks he will do and retires, the Packers are going to look dumb as hell for calling his bluff and getting nothing back. All Im saying is they better get this right and if they push to hard, they could be left with nothing but a retired Rodgers and a 3rd round comp for Adams.

I also dont understand why Packers fans think trading them is a bad thing. If you could get 3 first rounders and 2 solid players out of them, thats a helluva easy way to start your rebuild with Love already on the team.

Thats 5 first rounders in the next 2 seasons PLUS additional players to help right now. I would almost choose that route over keeping Rodgers/Adams and everything going on right now. The Packers are at the end of their window--why not cash in while they can still get great return over salvaging it for another playoff exit or two?

I mean, we're acting like Rodgers is Tom Brady, hes not. The chances of the Packers winning a Super Bowl in the next 3 years with Rodgers on the team is already low. Why not try to turn the page?

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

What’s the point of getting Adams anyway? It will make the deal too expensive & would be a luxury. 

Not to DEN, but a separate deal. The belief is that Adams might not be too happy w/o Rodgers so IF Rodgers is traded they will likely have to look for another trade partner for Adams if he wants out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Regarding Adams...I'm franchising him. He, unlike Rodgers, hold no power.

Rodgers is under contract for 3 more years, Adams for only 1. I'm not sure how Rodgers holds more power than him in contract negotiating?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers is under contract for 3 more years, Adams for only 1. I'm not sure how Rodgers holds more power than him in contract negotiating?

Because Rodgers can retire. He legitimately can. I’m doubtful that Adams can afford such a move

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

The power Rodgers has is they are probably the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year. At least, in my opinion they are. They are many peoples pick including mine. Rodgers retiring or getting traded might just literally forfeit a Super Bowl Championship. That is the leverage Rodgers has. Another point of leverage for Rodgers is when Love got drafted, everyone knew he needed two years on the bench unlike most QB’s. 

Packers also have leverage in the fact he is under contract 3 years + they have Jordan Love. It’s all in the Packers park. It’s just if they are willing to forfeit a very legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. Because they aren’t winning one with Love anytime soon. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

If Adams gets traded it won't be in a package with Rodgers. The 1st round picks needed for both would be too much. Plus if we trade Adams i'm not giving him his QB the way he has been talking the last week or so. Let him go play with someone else. 

Two things, that isn't a trade that's very viable, too expensive for the Broncos and Adams would be unnecessary for them either. And doubt GB would want to see that, while Jeudy is cheaper and cost controlled, he an unknown compared to Adams.

But , DAMMMN, Packers fans seem a bit vindictive of player who are open to leaving, Lordy ! 

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Because he threatened to retire...that is the trump card in all of this. The chances are low but apparently he has already put that in the table as a option. That's the option that takes all of the power of negotiation away from the Packers.

14 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because he threatened to retire...that is the trump card in all of this. The chances are low but apparently he has already put that in the table as a option. That's the option that takes all of the power of negotiation away from the Packers.

not really. it's a completely empty threat. Think he's signing a check for half that fat signing bonus he got back to the team? No chance.

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

not really. it's a completely empty threat. Think he's signing a check for half that fat signing bonus he got back to the team? No chance.

You think that GB has the leverage? If so why did they offer him a new long term deal? I think they realize Rodgers has the leverage at the moment. Also keep in mind that he doesnt technically have to retire to give that signing bonus up he just has to hold out for several weeks and show up week 6-7 do a couple of week practices to be "game ready" then claim a back injury and not be able to play the remainder of the season. He wont make much but he wont have to give any of his signing bonus back either. Forcing GB to not only have a big cap on him but no real starting qb and the superbowl hopes go out the window for them with nothing to show for it.

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

You think that GB has the leverage? If so why did they offer him a new long term deal? I think they realize Rodgers has the leverage at the moment. Also keep in mind that he doesnt technically have to retire to give that signing bonus up he just has to hold out for several weeks and show up week 6-7 do a couple of week practices to be "game ready" then claim a back injury and not be able to play the remainder of the season. He wont make much but he wont have to give any of his signing bonus back either. Forcing GB to not only have a big cap on him but no real starting qb and the superbowl hopes go out the window for them with nothing to show for it.

I'll never understand this reasoning. You are completely ignoring reality here. In what world would he sabatoge himself in that way? It's nonsensical. The team holds 100% of the leverage.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'll never understand this reasoning. You are completely ignoring reality here. In what world would he sabatoge himself in that way? It's nonsensical. The team holds 100% of the leverage.

Cause he has over 150 mil has multiple commercials, a job opportunity with Jeopard, and likely a future in football broadcasting since people see him as entertaining. You are ignoring the amount of hate he has for the organization who drafted Love. if all is true that is being said and sources close to him are saying it then he clearly does not care about the team. If they have so much leverage why offer him a new deal then? 

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Cause he has over 150 mil has multiple commercials, a job opportunity with Jeopard, and likely a future in football broadcasting since people see him as entertaining. You are ignoring the amount of hate he has for the organization who drafted Love. if all is true that is being said and sources close to him are saying it then he clearly does not care about the team. If they have so much leverage why offer him a new deal then? 

Lol. 

16 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He won't retire. He won't sit out. He has no leverage.

It's just funny to me. Aside from the standoff, on paper if you're the Packers, you get what you want here. You draft the "future" guy in the 1st Round (and trade up for him no less) and your former guy is the MVP, skyrocketing his trade value. You get to play your "new franchise QB" in year 2, when he's still valuable on that rookie contract, AND you add a plethora of picks to surround him with talent. The big picture here is comical. You can't pretend if you're GB that was in any way a good pick, and simultaneously refuse to trust him and move on when the guy he's replacing has unbelievably high value.

If they aren't prepared to offer Rodgers an unbelievably stupid high guaranteed contract and trade Love and recoup what they can for him, they need to trade Rodgers.

• Like 1