Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

not really. it's a completely empty threat. Think he's signing a check for half that fat signing bonus he got back to the team? No chance.

Its not likely but Rodgers does seem to be a person will do what he says, plus he has already made more money than God in his career so money might not be a huge motivator for him over his happiness.

Again, not saying any of this is high% but its definitely a option.

57 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You think that GB has the leverage? If so why did they offer him a new long term deal? I think they realize Rodgers has the leverage at the moment. Also keep in mind that he doesnt technically have to retire to give that signing bonus up he just has to hold out for several weeks and show up week 6-7 do a couple of week practices to be "game ready" then claim a back injury and not be able to play the remainder of the season. He wont make much but he wont have to give any of his signing bonus back either. Forcing GB to not only have a big cap on him but no real starting qb and the superbowl hopes go out the window for them with nothing to show for it.

That is probably the legacy Rodgers wants for himself.....1 of the greatest QB in the regular season that decided to hold out/sit out, then come back and do just enough to collect the contract money

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its not likely but Rodgers does seem to be a person will do what he says, plus he has already made more money than God in his career so money might not be a huge motivator for him over his happiness.

Again, not saying any of this is high% but its definitely a option.

He has the money for sure.   He also cares a lot about how he is viewed by the public and fans.   He has talked about legacy for several years.  The current process is not putting a positive shine on his legacy and retiring/sitting out doesn't really help that.

I'm not sure State Farm really wants the angry retired dude who quit because someone got drafted.

They could just roll with Mahomes or add someone like Josh Allen.

I don't think State Farm is going to do the retired Rodgers bit. Manning is funny and self deprecating so it works really well. Rodgers is not that guy. Romo gets the retired QB adds too because he is everyman and a nice guy and on NFL broadcasts.

As for Jeopardy? His appeal was mostly because he was the active MVP and the active Packers QB.

"Hey, Aaron. I don't have the answer but look, I made a funny attacking your 26-6 with 2 NFCCGs in 2 years coach!"

See, its funny because Rodgers is the Packers QB.

I'm not sure he owns that full time job opportunity at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I'm not sure State Farm really wants the angry retired dude who quit because someone got drafted.

They could just roll with Mahomes or add someone like Josh Allen.

I don't think State Farm is going to do the retired Rodgers bit. Manning is funny and self deprecating so it works really well. Rodgers is not that guy. Romo gets the retired QB adds too because he is everyman and a nice guy and on NFL broadcasts.

As for Jeopardy? His appeal was mostly because he was the active MVP and the active Packers QB.

"Hey, Aaron. I don't have the answer but look, I made a funny attacking your 26-6 with 2 NFCCGs in 2 years coach!"

See, its funny because Rodgers is the Packers QB.

I'm not sure he owns that full time job opportunity at all.

First, I don't think AR15 is going to be broken if the State Farm ads go away. He's also probably got a contract that will have to be honored unless he does some egregious like Watson so he'll get his money. And Rodgers has good charisma on-screen, probably not going anywhere JUST BECAUSE he doesn't want to play for the Packers, 

Secondly, as for Jeopardy, Rodgers didn't just get on there because he is the Packers QB (how arrogant to even suggest that), it probably had more to do he is young, smooth and articulate, man in his prime, fits. in the Alex Trebek mold to a T.

And if you think that little bard was humorous, guess again. 

But no worries, the Pack just signed his insurance in Blake, moving on should be easier now. C'mon, June 2nd !!

Speaking of legacy, and I agree Aaron does care about it a great deal, and thus I’d wager going and winning a Super Bowl with another franchise, something two of his contemporaries have done just recently, is appealing. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Speaking of legacy, and I agree Aaron does care about it a great deal, and thus I’d wager going and winning a Super Bowl with another franchise, something two of his contemporaries have done just recently, is appealing. 

The problem is there isn't another TB sitting around with a top 5 offense and defense for him to just fit right into. I personally don't think Denver or LV are as talented as this Packers roster now and they would be trading away a number of assets just to sign AR. The thing is Rodgers has never put winning the SB as his highest priority. 

48 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The problem is there isn't another TB sitting around with a top 5 offense and defense for him to just fit right into. I personally don't think Denver or LV are as talented as this Packers roster now and they would be trading away a number of assets just to sign AR. The thing is Rodgers has never put winning the SB as his highest priority. 

Wow, clearly you haven't examined the Broncos recently. I've seen more than 1 analyst propose the Broncos could easily be a top 5 defense and outside of the QB situation, the Broncos offense is stacked. But, it's easy to observe once you take a closer look. 

I may be a homer too, but I'll take our roster with Rodgers over the GB roster with Rodgers

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I’ll disagree. And I’m not a homer but I really, really like the Broncos roster and I think Aaron is drooling at the potential. If he could get carteblanche with the offense and have Vic’s defense, it’s appealing. Every Broncos’ skill position starter/key contributor and 3/5 of the projected starting OL are 1st-3rd round picks and all are young. 

• Like 1