Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nobody is expecting that lol

LOL...

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

"Average" #2 WRs in 2020 had a statline that looks like this: 56 rec, 739 yds, 4 TDs. Funchess would absolutely have been right in that range had he played and stayed healthy IMO. 

Would signing Emmanual Sanders or T.Y. Hilton have the same response? 

Sure as hell looks like you're expecting something.

You're basically expecting him to magically heal from his injuries and pick up where he left off in 2017. That's not how it works.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I CLEARLY showed how he has better than average #2 production. This conversation has hit an end if you can't even acknowledge that reality

You what!? On a per game basis in a two year period where he played a combined 12 of 32 games!?

You're better than this, c'mon. Don't be this stupid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's a lottery ticket. If you need to repair the foundation to your house and need $10,000 - do you go to the bank and get a loan or do you buy $100 worth of scratch offs?  Because that's what Funchess is, a lottery ticket.

what?

show me where the Packers can apply to the NFL for a salary cap LOAN in order to sign more expensive players than the salary cap lets them.

This doesn't make any sense...

If I want (not need because another WR on this offense was clearly not a need) a new 3-season room for my house but can't afford the best contractor in town, I'll weigh my options and sign the best contractor I can find for the money I do have if the risks are worth it. 

Funchess is not a foundation.

Funchess is not a lottery ticket.

Funchess was a value depth signing that had/has the potential to be a contributor on this offense and a "weapon" for Aaron Rodgers.

Just now, incognito_man said:

what?

show me where the Packers can apply to the NFL for a salary cap LOAN in order to sign more expensive players than the salary cap lets them.

This doesn't make any sense...

Holy hell - if you don't get this the direction I was taking, then perhaps I give you too much credit.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You what!? On a per game basis in a two year period where he played a combined 12 of 32 games!?

You're better than this, c'mon. Don't be this stupid.

Calling me stupid when you can't read yourself...yikes man. Bad look for you

All I can say is look back at the convo and Funchess' stats if you think he only played in 12/32 games in his 3rd and 4th seasons...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FuncDe00.htm

Calling me stupid when you can't read yourself...yikes man. Bad look for you

All I can say is look back at the convo and Funchess' stats if you think he only played in 12/32 games in his 3rd and 4th seasons...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FuncDe00.htm

So you're just ignoring his other seasons?

Cherry picking at it's finest.

Just now, ET80 said:

So you're just ignoring his other seasons?

Cherry picking at it's finest.

nope

you'll find 3-4 times I mentioned his other seasons as reasons why he was a value signing with the potential to be an upper-end #2 WR.

you're going off the deep-end, man

My phone is dying, I've got better things to do.

Devin Funchess as a #2. This is basically the opposite of the LT meme here...

"Devin Funchess is underrated because he got injured..."

• Like 2

nope

you'll find 3-4 times I mentioned his other seasons as reasons why he was a value signing with the potential to be an upper-end #2 WR.

you're going off the deep-end, man

But, he doesn't have that potential. Hasn't had it since 2017.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Just want to add the Colts who aren’t even that deep in WR core didn’t bother to bring him back. He’s average at best tbh.

Nope, he's a number 2 because of that one year he had a slight below average year as a #1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Just want to add the Colts who aren’t even that deep in WR core didn’t bother to bring him back. He’s average at best tbh.

Right. I agree. He's an average #2 through this point in his career stats-wise when healthy who is paid like a bottom-end #3 because of the associated risks.

Exactly the type of risk/gamble signing that gets praised if other teams make it. Primarily because there's very, very little cap risk for GB ($1.5 million) and the potential of his performance significantly outweighs it.

Not to mention the colts didn't replace him in FA, they didn't sign any WRs. They had bigger fish to fry last year with a couple big splash signings.

Edited by incognito_man

Funchess is the kind of guy that I would bring in to compete with Jalen Hurd and Jennings but not guarantee any money. Let him compete for a roster spot as a wr 3/4/5

He has entered 2017 - 2018 Jordan Matthews territory to me. 

• Like 4