2021 NFL Draft Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Louis Friend

2 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

So who are you guys talking yourselves into?  Are there any players that you are starting to talk yourselves into that are maybe a little lower on your boards?

For me it might be Terrace Marshall.  I think he has potential to be our WR1 if we take him.  The dude is good.

I have 75 guys I think are worthy of a day two pick. There will be 73 players picked tonight (NE forfeits a 3rd rd pick, 10 comp picks). Some teams always reach for "hidden gems" in these mid rounds. I hope the Lions don't and just grab 3 solid players tonight. 

I'd trade both of our 3's and either our 5th or 4th to trade up and come away with 2 of these players:

JOK

Samuel

Moehrig

Marshall

All you can really hope for out of a draft is two to three good players/starters.  If we did this we would have three players that are starters and players to build around.  Imagine a young secondary with Walker, Moehrig at S and Okudah, Oruwariye, Samuel at CB.  I like the look of that to bulid around.  If it goes down like this we potentially build two strengths for our team.  Oline and secondary.

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

JOK + Moehrig is one hell of a foundation for a defense. If Aubrey Pleasant can get Okudah turned around, we'd have 3 key building blocks plus Brockers and Okwara up front.

If both fall to us I'm getting on the phone and making a deal with the Giants.

33. Jacksonville Jaguars- Took Lawrence and Etienne. Could go defense or BPA. If they want to protect Lawrence, BPA is Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State. Or Tyson Campbell CB from Georgia. 

34. New York Jets- Drafted Wilson and moved up for AVT. They need IOL, Edge and CB help. Do they go Samuel here? Or trade down for more picks?

35. Atlanta Falcons- Took Kyle Pitts last night. All in on Matt Ryan. Julio trade talks. Do they go WR or defense? Rumor they like IDL Levi Onwuzurike from Washington.

36. Miami Dolphins- Have Tua and now Jaylen Waddle. Took DE Jaelen Phillips @ 18. Rumor they need IOL. Maybe Wyatt Davis? Teven Jenkins? DB?

37. Philadelphia Eagles- Wildcard here for me. They could have gone QB but chose to move up for DeVonta Smith. LB and CB need here. BPA is JOK, Moehrig and possibly Holland for the Eagles.

38. Cincinnati Bengals- Should have taken Sewell to protect Burrows. Took Chase instead. You would think they would HAVE to have OT here. Radunz, Eichenberg, Little, Cosmi all in play.

39. Carolina Panthers- Panthers could have drafted Fields at #8. They did not. Reportedly, they wanted Sewell to fall to them. They are all in on Darnold. Took a corner. Do they get their OT here? Or maybe a WR for Darnold? ELijah moore or Terrace Marshall make sense here. 

40. Denver Broncos- Another wildcard for me. Rumors about Rodgers, they have Drew Lock and Bridgewater. They went corner as well. OT and LB could be in play IMO.

41. Detroit Lions- I think two or three OL come off the board before this pick. Everything else seems up in the air. Holmes has stated he will stick to BPA. Will be interesting to see who that is.

Edited by Louis Friend

4 hours ago, ManeLine said:

Wyatt Davis would be tempting if we traded down, but not sure hoe i'd feel about going OL again

I have some highly rated linemen left on my board but it's almost worst situation thing. If all my favorite defensive guys are off the board and WR's then... idk I'm not passing up the best players just cause... I'll figured out the depth between the pick/Big V/Crosby/Steinberg later.

3 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I have some highly rated linemen left on my board but it's almost worst situation thing. If all my favorite defensive guys are off the board and WR's then... idk I'm not passing up the best players just cause... I'll figured out the depth between the pick/Big V/Crosby/Steinberg later.

I've got 19 OL on my 75 player big board for tonight. Only 1 is in my top 10 and I think he'll be gone before we pick. I wouldn't mind drafting one in round 3, but outside of Jenkins, none would be BPA for #41, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I've got 19 OL on my 75 player big board for tonight. Only 1 is in my top 10 and I think he'll be gone before we pick. I wouldn't mind drafting one in round 3, but outside of Jenkins, none would be BPA for #41, IMO.

This is how I feel.  I think there will be solid OGs in the third similar to last year.  I would like to add one at some point just to have the young OL complete and ready to compete together for 3/4 years at least.  But I do want BPA and agree none would be in that group in 9 picks. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I think we should make a move like our 2nd and later 3rd for one of the first two or three picks and a 6th.  Keeps the same number of picks but ensures us JOK, Barmore or Moehrig.  

I really want one of JOK or Moehrig. Rumor has it, Jacksonville and Falcons are locked into certain players at 33 & 35. I think we could trade with Miami at 36 and get one of them. 

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars- Took Lawrence and Etienne. Could go defense or BPA. If they want to protect Lawrence, BPA is Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State. Or Tyson Campbell CB from Georgia. 

I think this is going to be a DB although Barmore is also an option.  My guess is Moehrig

34. New York Jets- Drafted Wilson and moved up for AVT. They need IOL, Edge and CB help. Do they go Samuel here? Or trade down for more picks?

This could be a weapon for Wilson but I think it could be also be a defender Possibly Ojulari or a DB like Samuel or Campbell.  My guess is it's a trade down with a team looking to come up for one of the OTs

35. Atlanta Falcons- Took Kyle Pitts last night. All in on Matt Ryan. Julio trade talks. Do they go WR or defense? Rumor they like IDL Levi Onwuzurike from Washington.

That's the rumor.  If they are locked in he's the pick

36. Miami Dolphins- Have Tua and now Jaylen Waddle. Took DE Jaelen Phillips @ 18. Rumor they need IOL. Maybe Wyatt Davis? Teven Jenkins? DB?

I think this is either Javonte Williams or an O-Lineman either a OG or OT and Hunt is kicked inside.  My guess is Williams

37. Philadelphia Eagles- Wildcard here for me. They could have gone QB but chose to move up for DeVonta Smith. LB and CB need here. BPA is JOK, Moehrig and possibly Holland for the Eagles.

I think this is JOK's landing spot or possibly Samuel.  My guess is JOK

38. Cincinnati Bengals- Should have taken Sewell to protect Burrows. Took Chase instead. You would think they would HAVE to have OT here. Radunz, Eichenberg, Little, Cosmi all in play.

I agree this is an Offensive Lineman.  I think the stunner here is they take a C.  My guess Creed Humphrey

39. Carolina Panthers- Panthers could have drafted Fields at #8. They did not. Reportedly, they wanted Sewell to fall to them. They are all in on Darnold. Took a corner. Do they get their OT here? Or maybe a WR for Darnold? ELijah moore or Terrace Marshall make sense here. 

I think they want to give Darnold a chance.  My guess Samuel Cosmi

40. Denver Broncos- Another wildcard for me. Rumors about Rodgers, they have Drew Lock and Bridgewater. They went corner as well. OT and LB could be in play IMO.

I think they are going to look LB here.  My guess Baron Browning if they don't trade out

41. Detroit Lions- I think two or three OL come off the board before this pick. Everything else seems up in the air. Holmes has stated he will stick to BPA. Will be interesting to see who that is.

That leaves us with a pretty stacked list of prospects.

Asante Samuel Jr - could be a starter at nickel (I don't think they will value him as high as I do)

Elija Moore - I think they will love him. (I hope they wait as I think there will be pretty similar talent at slot in round 3)

Terrace Marshall - If his knee checks out he might be the pick (I would be good with it too)

Carlos Basham - I don't think they'll have him at the top of they're board

Christina Barmore - I don't think he's a Dan Campbell type guy but I think Dallas, Jax, and Cleveland will all be interested in trading up for him

My guess is they trade with a team looking to grab Eichenberg, Jenkins, Radunz.  If they stay I think Marshall or Moore is the pick

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

That was good. So far I like what they’ve done player wise, and you can’t help but like the excitement and personality of this new group.

Everything around the Lions is just so much more positive than it’s been in years. Especially amongst the coaches.

I think the thing that sticks out most to me is that this group just loves football. They aren’t scientists trying to prove how they are smarter than everyone else. They just love the game. And respect it. And that permeates through the entire organization and hopefully onto the field on Sundays. 

• Like 3