2021 NFL Draft: Day One Thread

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They don’t have their guy. If they think they have their guy on the roster they will be out of their jobs within two years. And no, I don’t want them to just take anybody but they can’t put this off for too long. 

Kellen has franchise potential. His value is there. I know you and others don’t see it but I promise he has it. He’s worth the risk. And he doesn’t detract you next year or after if he isn’t your guy. He’s worth the selection. He isn’t just taking one to take one I know that. This guy isn’t Haskins. If people love what makes Jamin Davis mentally then Mond is on the same level. This guy wasn’t coached up he’s a football player. This guy eats sleeps breathes football he’s a guy you stake the rep on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I think they have their guy. Or atleast an idea. They didn’t want to give up next years one so I have to think they either actually maybe believe a guy can develop or there’s a guy in this or next years class. I don’t think Ron is complacent I think he’s just using a different formula then he and his guys applied in Carolina

Who exactly is “their guy?” Kyle Allen? I mean come on. We can all sit here and hope & pray that Kyle Allen or Taylor Heinicke end up being a long term answer but everyone has to know that the likelihood of them being that is a very very big long shot.

Rivera inherited a team that went 1-15 to get the #1 pick so he could draft Cam Newton. 

If he’s looking to replicate that formula in DC he already missed that chance. He didn’t inheriting the #1 pick but I guess he could’ve passed on Chase Young but I don’t think that was the right call to pass on Chase for Tua or Herbert. Then, he already missed his shot for this draft bc that was last year if he had stuck w/ Haskins all year he probably would’ve ended up with a top 5 pick this year and at worst Justin Fields out of the top 5 QBs.

I just get this feeling we’re repeating the mistakes of nearly the last 3 decades of this franchise. We’re going to build a good team - maybe even great team - but not have a good to great QB so, we’ll max out as mediocre while Rivera has control just like with Turner, Gibbs 2.0, Shanahan & Gruden. Of course Gruden had a good QB, we didn’t just didn’t have a good run game or D so it was the opposite problem from 2015-2017

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If they loved them they wouldn't have signed Fitzmagic.

Well Kyle Allen is coming off a major ankle injury maybe Fitz is just seen as a one year place holder aka bridge to Allen.

I mean Ron speaks glowingly of Kyle Allen, like he’d talk of his own son. I think they love him.

They probably also felt they needed a vet QB in case the other two didn’t take the job and run with it, but they doesn’t mean they don’t love Allen & Heinicke as prospects.

Edited by turtle28