2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Tetsujin

3 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Seeing twitter meltdown on not taking a running back and now wanting to trade up giving up the rest of our draft for J Williams. It makes me happy you guys are smart and not losing your #$%@.

Not the direction I would have taken but like the Waddle pick over Smith and medical concerns aside Phillips is top edge rusher.

This!

Great to get a balanced view in here compared to the Twitter cesspit!

Barring trade, really good chance Williams is there at 36. Jags aren’t taking him. Atlanta signed Davis from Carolina. Jets perhaps, but I think they have far bigger needs. Though it would be hard to pass on JOK if he drops to 36 (I thought they would take him at 18).  Plenty of Oline depth left for Miami to pick up a quality player at 50. 

Sports Illustrated Day 2 Mock

36 - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

50 - Landon Dickerson

82 - Javonte Williams

Stranger things have happened.  I don't see Williams lasting until 82, but if this is how Day 2 goes,  Miami has absolutely slayed the first 2 days.

19 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

50 - Landon Dickerson

82 - Javonte Williams

Stranger things have happened.  I don't see Williams lasting until 82, but if this is how Day 2 goes,  Miami has absolutely slayed the first 2 days.

I think Dickerson (don’t see him being picked before Creed Humphrey) is more likely to be available at 82 opposed to Williams. That said, I had hoped for a pass catcher, edge, lb, oline, and rb after 3 rounds. If this comes to pass I’m pretty happy with the draft. 

• Like 1

I know I’m the extreme minority, but I feel that we have to come out of round 2 with a RT.  I just don’t feel good about DJ Fluker protecting Tua’s blind side.  To me it’s our biggest need right now.  

Thinking about Grier’s previous drafts I don’t expect to see us go RB in round 2, maybe 3 but I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t grab a RB at all.  I do think we need one though.

Creed Humphrey and Landon Dickerson are still available and it would be huge if we grabbed one of them before they are both gone.  Dickerson has more position versatility but also a concerning injury history.  If either are still available at 50 we have to make them a Dolphin IMO.

Defensively we still have JOK, Nick Bolton, Trevon Moerhig, Andre Cisco, Jevon Holland, and Jabril Cox all still on the board and would fill a need for us.  Additionally if we have a plan to trade X. Howard then Asante Samuel Jr, Elijah Molden, Tyson Campbell, and Melifonwu are still on the board.

Super excited to see who becomes a Dolphin tonight.  Great time to be a Fins Fan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I know I’m the extreme minority, but I feel that we have to come out of round 2 with a RT.  I just don’t feel good about DJ Fluker protecting Tua’s blind side.  To me it’s our biggest need right now.  

Thinking about Grier’s previous drafts I don’t expect to see us go RB in round 2, maybe 3 but I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t grab a RB at all.  I do think we need one though.

Creed Humphrey and Landon Dickerson are still available and it would be huge if we grabbed one of them before they are both gone.  Dickerson has more position versatility but also a concerning injury history.  If either are still available at 50 we have to make them a Dolphin IMO.

Defensively we still have JOK, Nick Bolton, Trevon Moerhig, Andre Cisco, Jevon Holland, and Jabril Cox all still on the board and would fill a need for us.  Additionally if we have a plan to trade X. Howard then Asante Samuel Jr, Elijah Molden, Tyson Campbell, and Melifonwu are still on the board.

Super excited to see who becomes a Dolphin tonight.  Great time to be a Fins Fan.

Hunt played well enough at RT late last year.  If we rolled with him at RT in 2021, Miami would be fine.  C is a bigger need IMO.  If Walker Little is there at 82, grab him.  

Jackson LT, Kindley LG, Rookie C, Skura RG and Hunt RT.  Deiter and Fluker as depth.    

Getting 3 of JOK, Moerhig, Humphrey, Dickerson, Meinerz, Williams, Carter, NIxon, Barmore, Ojulari, Surratt, Basham, Samuel, Bolten. 

If JOK is there at 36, run to the podium.  I would have been excited if we took him at 18.

32 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Hunt played well enough at RT late last year.  If we rolled with him at RT in 2021, Miami would be fine.  C is a bigger need IMO.  If Walker Little is there at 82, grab him.  

Jackson LT, Kindley LG, Rookie C, Skura RG and Hunt RT.  Deiter and Fluker as depth.    

Getting 3 of JOK, Moerhig, Humphrey, Dickerson, Meinerz, Williams, Carter, NIxon, Barmore, Ojulari, Surratt, Basham, Samuel, Bolten. 

If JOK is there at 36, run to the podium.  I would have been excited if we took him at 18.

I agree centre is a big need probably bigger than RT but it is close.

imagine if we went into season with that o line we would be in trouble. I think Davis would beat out one of them and that’s hard to type.

Jenkins and Dickerson would be amazing. Getting three of those you mention would also be good.

Dickerson or Humphrey and Jenkins or Mayfield. But bit of depth at tackle so if they get chance to take Williams a centre at 50 and then a tackle at 81 then so be it. I would be a happy chappy.

hoping we are on phones looking to trade one of our receivers to get back our 4th or lesser capital.

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

If Teven Jenkins falls to 36 it would be a superb pick.

Defenseively, I still want a LB. Would not mind if we took Nick Bolton or Jabril Cox with either of our 2nds.

RB...? eh, there's always the third or fourth round for such things.

5 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

50 - Landon Dickerson

82 - Javonte Williams

I expect all three of those players to be gone in the top ten picks of round 2.

If they happen to all be gone when we pick, we can go with either the next best WR, next best center, or Jenkins.