2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Tetsujin

11 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Just wait until Waddle gets out there with Fuller.  Defenses are gonna have a hard time with that combo.

True. Also just wait until a rook TE with more receptions than Kyle Pitts gets out there...

18 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

I love the first round picks. there was a report that we were trying to trade back into the first together ahead of Pittsburgh to take Najee and if that had happened it would have made the draft for me. Unfortunately it didn't happen, then in the second round we get leap frogged by Denver and just like last year when Baltimore took Dobbins one pick ahead of us that was heartbreaking. Javonte and Najee were by far my favorite running backs. Then in third round we take a TE???? What the hell were they thinking? there were so many better options at positions of need that were available, rhamondre Stevenson, Michael Carter, Quinn Meinerz, Dayvion Nixon, I mean TE is the last position we need right now and to spend a 3rd round pick on a guy who probably wont see the field this year is ridiculous. Unless long turns out to be the next Kelce or Kittle I will forever hate that pick, it soured the whole draft for me. Also I really wanted hufanga if we took a safety but I do love holland, just wish we woulda taken another edge rusher where we took holland and took hufanga a little later in the draft. basically I really hate that hunter long pick.

I would have taken Jabril Cox, but I completely get the Long pick.  It's all about future roster flexibility.  Gesicki is not going to be worth anywhere near what he's gonna get on his next contract (think Hunter Henry's 3/$37.5 million).  Smythe is a FA too, but he could theoretically be resigned at a reasonable rate (or replaced with a similar FA at a reasonable rate).  The addition of Long a year early lets him get his feet wet this year and then step into the starting lineup during his 2nd year, for a fraction of the cost of Gesicki.  It also lets some other team pay big for Gesicki, potentially netting the team some comp picks.  Don't forget that NE has been the king of comp picks for a long time and Flores has not hid his desire to become NE South.  

It’s definitely a first for me seeing all the national media praising this Dolphins draft class. Its pretty cool i must say. Hopefully our boys pan out

Indeed!!! In my nearly 40 years as a Dolphins fan I can't recall ever receiving as much love from the media over our draft.  Not when we landed Keith Sims and Richmond Webb in the same draft, not when we drafted Daryl Gardner and Zach Thomas, not with the selections of Sam Madison and Jason Taylor, nor Troy Vincent and Marco Coleman, not even when we drafted ( a combined 20 Pro Bowls and 5 All Pro seasons ) Marino, Reggie Roby, Mark Clayton, and the Amazing AC Carter ( yes we drafted him before he became amazing with the Vikings ).

I don't know wtf is going on right now with the Media love to the Fins, but I'm enjoying it.  It's almost as if we are becoming relevant again.

Edited by Swampbilly

• 2 weeks later...

I’m wondering if there’s any plans for the running back position like if someone gets cut in preseason or in training camp or something. What would you guys think if we traded for James Robinson or Ronald Jones? Would you rather sign a player like Le’veon Bell or Gurley? I really like the idea of acquiring Jones or Robinson. I will say the more I watch Gerrid Doaks tape. The more I like him, he catches the ball well, and he can break tackles. My pet peeve about Gaskin is how easy he goes down, I’m tired of seeing the guy go down after an arm barely lands on his chest. Also what do you guys think Malcolm Browns role will be? I kinda forgot about him for awhile.

There’s a few players I’m really bummed the dolphins didn’t sign after the draft including, Dylan Moses, Marvin Wilson, Warren Jackson, Drake Jackson, Paddy Fisher, Tuf Borland, Austin Watkins jr., Javian Hawkins, Jarrett Patterson, Trey Ragas, Paris Ford. I’m really surprised we didn’t sign at least one of those running backs and the fact we didn’t sign Dylan Moses who was suppose to be a 2-4 round pick really confuses me. I think Paddy Fisher is gonna have a really good Carter also if he can improve his coverage a little bit, watch out for Austin Watkins jr as well, he’s a good route runner and a very tough receiver, I’ve heard people compare him to Anshan Boldin. Another I drafted receiver that I really like is Warren Jackson, similar measurable(Jackson is heavier but their height is the same) and went to the same school as Preston Williams, Jackson could turn into an excellent red zone and deep threat with his ability to get physical for those 50-50 balls.