GDT - NFL Draft

WizardHawk

Just now, cromagnum said:

I think most people hate the pick as it’s a linebacker but it was not a reach by Dallas based on most of the draft experts I’ve read. Brugler and Brandt both had parsons at 12 in there board two of the guys I trust the most much more then anyone here. 

So go chat with them.  

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

For once irrational Dave is right to catastrophize.

We've spent the 34th, 19th, and now 12th picks on off-ball LBs since 2016- a position where you play 2 players the majority of the snaps, and they usually wear down quickly. This isn't exploiting a market inefficiency, it's failing to learn from your mistakes. Embarrassing.

Who should’ve been the pick then? Another OT after they’ve invested highly in it in previous years? 

17 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

If he continues to have back problems,  I would bet he retires after this season.   Who knows what we'll have in La'el after his hip injury

I’m sure Jerry Jones, the coaches and the rest of the front office know more than you or all the other complainers on here.

So I’ll trust their judgement. 

Edited by Tony7188

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm surprised with the pick, and will be interested after the fact to see how much input Quinn had with this pick.  With Neal and Parsons we have two versatile pieces we didn't have last year. 

This is not directed at you. I've heard the argument and agree that our DL is not our strongest asset and their deficiencies could expose our LB's.  However if your DL is weak do you reach for a DL in this draft class?  If you DL is weak why should  that stop you from taking a LB?  The entire D needs an infusion of talent.  Let's see how he looks in pads.

Fair enough, but history is on my side with this. Bobby Carpenter in 2006, LVE 2 years ago and now this. LB NEVER seems to live up to its potential when taken in the 1st round. At least not with this team.

Just now, Rtnldave said:

Fair enough, but history is on my side with this. Bobby Carpenter in 2006, LVE 2 years ago and now this. LB NEVER seems to live up to its potential when taken in the 1st round. At least not with this team.

Time will tell.  Kid's a freakish athlete.  Hindsight is 20/20 but LVE had the injury concerns with his neck coming into the league.  Like I said I want to hear what Quinn has to say about the Parson's pick and what his plans are for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

For once irrational Dave is right to catastrophize.

We've spent the 34th, 19th, and now 12th picks on off-ball LBs since 2016- a position where you play 2 players the majority of the snaps, and they usually wear down quickly. This isn't exploiting a market inefficiency, it's failing to learn from your mistakes. Embarrassing.

Thank you Matt....I think? 😕