GDT - NFL Draft

WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I mean 3 rushing titles later....

2, and the last one (2018) was a football eternity ago. Vander Esch was an All-Pro and our defense was good. Now he's getting his option declined and Zeke fumbles more than he scores. Positional value matters.

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

lol I guarantee no one on here loved all of those picks. Although an embarrassing number of us did think Zeke at 4 was a good pick.

YOU still can make an argument that Zeke helped the cowboys his first three years more then Ramsey would.   We don't come close to winning as many games with Ramsey as a rook as we do with Zeke.  OR make the playoffs when we lost to the rams with Ramsey over Zeke.

Last season was the only season I can see a real good argument that not having Ramsey was a mistake. 

8 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

2, and the last one (2018) was a football eternity ago. Vander Esch was an All-Pro and our defense was good. Now he's getting his option declined and Zeke fumbles more than he scores. Positional value matters.

Yes it does but in Zeke's tenure last year was the only year where having a high level CB would have given us more value then having a high value RB.  NOW if you said we could have drafted a all pro safety over Zeke or a dominate DT then yes. 

Just now, quiller said:

Yes it does but in Zeke's tenure last year was the only year where having a high level CB would have given us more value then having a high value RB.  NOW if you said we could have drafted a all pro safety over Zeke or a dominate DT then yes. 

I’m not sure where you are going here, but Ramsey and DeForest Buckner went immediately after Zeke.

and Newsome is gone...

Do we pick 
Barmore if he is there...   does Samuel drop also...   

How do people think about Campbell as a CB...   not much of a reach ...   unless one of the above drop I say will be between Campbell or Radunz. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m not sure where you are going here, but Ramsey and DeForest Buckner went immediately after Zeke.

Where I am going is you could make the argument that Buckner would have been the better pick for the cowboys then Zeke 

13 minutes ago, quiller said:

YOU still can make an argument that Zeke helped the cowboys his first three years more then Ramsey would.   We don't come close to winning as many games with Ramsey as a rook as we do with Zeke.  OR make the playoffs when we lost to the rams with Ramsey over Zeke.

Last season was the only season I can see a real good argument that not having Ramsey was a mistake. 

Do you guys not realize how irrelevant we’ve been post-2016? We have our one randomly good defense of the decade to thank for the ‘18 playoff win. It’s obvious now Ramsey + Henry was the move.

Elliott had every chance to prove he makes a difference when returning from his suspension in 2017, or when Dak went down last year. Newsflash, he’s a stinking RB and has no real influence on W/L. Cool stats and highlights though

Edited by matt79511