GDT - NFL Draft

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

We need to go after Barmore. An interior DT that anchor would be great to have.

is the value worth loosing a couple pics for..   or would we be better off moving up for Samuel and hope to get McNeil with one of our 3rd round picks... 

14 minutes ago, quiller said:

is the value worth loosing a couple pics for..   or would we be better off moving up for Samuel and hope to get McNeil with one of our 3rd round picks... 

Samuel would be great value as well. After him I think, there’s a big drop off at CB. This team has to get another CB. The value is there for 3 players imo:

1. Christian Barmore

2. Trevon Moehrig 

3. Asante Samuel 

Edited by Tony7188

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Yep, though CB is a little thinner than I anticipated. 

True, but our focus should be d-line and safety, anyway. With three third round picks, this is a scenario where we can consider packing a pick to trade back into the second round for another potential starter.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

Samuel would be great value as well. After him I think there’s a big drop off at CB. This team has to get another CB. My wishlist is:

1. Christian Barmore

2. Trevon Moehrig 

3. Asante Samuel 

Those are my top three targets. Holland should get some consideration as well.

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why didn’t Dallas do the trade down with the Bears that the Giants took?  You gotta think the bears called Dallas too.

Only thing I can think of is Dallas didn’t work the phone long enough or Chicago simply didn’t call.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Only thing I can think of is Dallas didn’t work the phone long enough or Chicago simply didn’t call.

Or they refused to go to 20 because they wanted Parsons.  I’d much rather have a future first and either Paye/JOK/Farley than Parsons and a 3rd.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Or they refused to go to 20 because they wanted Parsons.  I’d much rather have a future first and either Paye/JOK/Farley than Parsons and a 3rd.

This is probably the correct answer. I don’t agree with it either if that’s the case.