GDT - NFL Draft

WizardHawk

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Expect Neal to see some time between LB and S. Parsons likely rotates between a LB/EDGE role. 

You can't rely on LVE at this point and we know what Jaylon is at this point. I don't see either of those two being on this roster come 2022.

If we don’t pick up his 5th year option next week, that will be the tell tail sign 

Well I am a little worried how our DL situation will work out but in the offseason we've added great skill to our LB/S situation.   Sure no idea how Kazee is an upgrade over who we had behind Wilson and Neal, Parsons, Cox are all play makers.  We've also improved the quality of our CB play as well. I am confident that our top 4 cb's can handle things.  

From here get me Wilson at DT and some depth at OT which might be hard at this point. 

I'll say this...I may not agree with the positions they're going with or players (aside from Cox), they're at least trying to add some talent to what has been a major weakness for us.

2 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Not this year I don’t think as they won’t save cap money if he’s a June 1 cut at least that’s what I’ve read.

That’s not the point. We know that it means he’ll likely be gone after the 2021 season (and hopefully on the bench for most of the season).

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'll say this...I may not agree with the positions they're going with or players (aside from Cox), they're at least trying to add some talent to what has been a major weakness for us.

I agree with the positions, just not all of the players. But, the Cox pick makes me very happy since @Nextyearfordaboyz and I liked him as a second round choice.

• Like 1

Just now, plan9misfit said:

That’s not the point. We know that it means he’ll likely be gone after the 2021 season (and hopefully on the bench for most of the season).

Honestly, Jaylon's at his best just rushing the passer. Keep him in that role and you may get something out of him for at least this season before moving on.

interesting...   might put a run on DT...  would love Wilson but the track record of this franchise says nop now way no how... S Johnson is still there..  

I would keep looking at who has value that is still left but that train has left the station.   We've only drafted two players who had rankings close to where we drafted, the others have all be reaches, large reaches.

13 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I love the pick but how many LBs do we need?

LVE, Jaylon, Parson, Cox, Neal?

I've trashed us relentlessly for overvaluing LB, but now that the spot's 5 deep I don't hate the approach. Can carry all 5 active on game day and go deep at other spots.

Think back to 2014, coming off an all-time bad 2013 defense. We've got a mediocre secondary and a laughable DL. The LB corps practically saved us from abomination, even after Lee tore his ACL. McClain was a revelation, Durant played really well before he got hurt too, Carter had 5 picks and Hitchens really showed out for a 4th round rookie. Point being is it's a crucial position to have depth at due to injury risk.

I’m calling it now... Jaylon and LVE are going to have career years in 2021.  Those guys are smart enough to see the writing on the wall and will put in time/effort to be their best.  The cowboys just put a blow torch under their arses.