2021: 01.02 - Jets select QB Zach Wilson

Bianconero

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/28/report-jets-arent-likely-to-budge-in-zach-wilson-talks/

What the heck are you guys doing??

Just give him what he wants - you selected him at number 2! It's basically the standard at this point to give a player that goes that high their signing bonus immediately. The Jets look really stupid here worrying about their own precedents when the guy who they hope to be the savior of the franchise is missing out on valuable practice time.

I mean not that I mind as a Dolphins fan... but trying to lowball your new franchise QB is one of the most asinine things I've seen a Front Office do in a long while.

28 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/28/report-jets-arent-likely-to-budge-in-zach-wilson-talks/

Just give him what he wants - you selected him at number 2! It's basically the standard at this point to give a player that goes that high their signing bonus immediately. The Jets look really stupid here worrying about their own precedents when the guy who they hope to be the savior of the franchise is missing out on valuable practice time.

I mean not that I mind as a Dolphins fan... but trying to lowball your new franchise QB is one of the most asinine things I've seen a Front Office do in a long while.

Agree

This is the Jets though. Ownership likes to suck.

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

C'mon it's not like he needs the reps. Coming into the NFL, QB is probably the easiest position. If he holds out until preseason it won't be much of a loss, so who cares. He can pick up the playbook and chemistry on the bus ride to Carolina Week 1. It's basically the Joey Bosa situation and will all work out fine.

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think we all fans agree. Just when we think we start doing things right… we do stuff like this.

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We did it 3 years ago with Sam under a different regime. I don’t think Douglas or Saleh have anything to do with this. 

Doesn’t matter who’s doing it. Bc it’s being done and hurting the team. Whether it’s JD or the johnsons is irrelevant. Give the kid the signing bonus that the picks around him and what every top pick gets and get him in camp. It’s not difficult.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Doesn’t matter who’s doing it. Bc it’s being done and hurting the team. Whether it’s JD or the johnsons is irrelevant. Give the kid the signing bonus that the picks around him and what every top pick gets and get him in camp. It’s not difficult.

It does matter. Let’s say we never did this as a team and then Joe comes in and demands it. Now our team is without their QB to start camp. But because it’s clearly something that precedes him we have to hope it’s an issue that the organization rids itself of going forward no matter the regime in charge of football operations. 

27 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It does matter. Let’s say we never did this as a team and then Joe comes in and demands it. Now our team is without their QB to start camp. But because it’s clearly something that precedes him we have to hope it’s an issue that the organization rids itself of going forward no matter the regime in charge of football operations. 

My point in saying it doesn’t matter. Was more pointing at who is the cause of it, doesn’t matter. It needs to change regardless. Whether it’s the Johnsons being idiots or JD being an idiot. Maybe it’s even both. It needs to change.

As I stated… just when we think we’re about to start doing things right… this happens. It’s now 3 days of TC without our QB here. And Morgan taking starting reps. Absurd. Everyday slows down the process.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My point in saying it doesn’t matter. Was more pointing at who is the cause of it, doesn’t matter. It needs to change regardless. Whether it’s the Johnsons being idiots or JD being an idiot. Maybe it’s even both. It needs to change.

As I stated… just when we think we’re about to start doing things right… this happens. It’s now 3 days of TC without our QB here. And Morgan taking starting reps. Absurd. Everyday slows down the process.

In the short time yes it doesn’t matter. We just gotta get him in camp now.

Just long term though this is something we cannot continue to go through with our draft picks. 2nd time in 4 years this has happened.