2021: 01.02 - Jets select QB Zach Wilson

Bianconero

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bama has like 75 guys in the NFL... they're doing something right. Are we really bringing up the few guys that haven't succeeded?

You are so wrong. They have 76 drafted players listed as active right now. Get you facts straight.

In all seriousness, good guess by the way, of the 76, 42 are considered 1st strong starters as per Ourlads. That’s an amazing 54%. I guess the real question is how many are worthy are their high draft pedigree?  Of the 76, 29 are FRP (38%). Of the 29 FRP 6 are from this year. So that is 23 of 70 FRP that have seen NFL action. Here is the subjective part, of the 23 FRP that have NFL experience, I consider 15 of them worthy of a FRP which is a 65% hit rate. Impressive.

All this tells me Bama puts out decent FB players that in many cases are worthy of their draft pick.

This does not tell me how many QB busts there were which I maintain is high. Based on the above info, Bama QB’s are surrounded by talent that translates to the NFL. The QB’s are not as successful in the NFL because their deficiencies were hidden and can’t be overcome by pro coaching. 

Edited by xrade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Bama has like 75 guys in the NFL... they're doing something right. Are we really bringing up the few guys that haven't succeeded?

Well just by the law of probability schools have more guys who dont work out than do. But we're mainly assessing a few guys who stand out(Richardson, Warmack)

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That whole drafts top 10 was dreadful except for Lane Johnson iirc, Ansah and Fisher have had decent careers. 

Winters and Aboushi from that class are still playing and, as of last season, starting. Good job Idzik. Lol

2 hours ago, NewAge said:

That and #2 looks much better in the stupid font we have on our jerseys. #1 legit looks like a stick of butter. I really hope they make some changes to the logo and jerseys when they can. They got the colors right at least lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I'm sold on Wilson being really good and I will telll you why I had a change of heart. Wayne Chrebet said the jets made a very good move by moving on from Sam and getting Wilson. Cherbet things he can be something really special and he loves what they have done. He thinks this is the best shape the Jets have been in for years. So I'm going with one of my top 3 fav jets all time and saying "YES WE CAN WIN A LOT WITH THIS TEAM!"

11 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Okay I'm sold on Wilson being really good and I will telll you why I had a change of heart. Wayne Chrebet said the jets made a very good move by moving on from Sam and getting Wilson. Cherbet things he can be something really special and he loves what they have done. He thinks this is the best shape the Jets have been in for years. So I'm going with one of my top 3 fav jets all time and saying "YES WE CAN WIN A LOT WITH THIS TEAM!"

I think the thing for me was watching Wilson play full games. His deep field accuracy, arm strength and decision making were second to none.  He made plays on the move that can’t be taught. No one thinks of adjusting arm angle, you just do it without thinking. That is raw talent that will translate.  He has the physical and mental tools to be really good  

Of course all this could come crashing down if the bright lights of NY and the sharp tongues of the fans and media get to him. He has never really dealt with much adversity. Will he be able to handle the emotional aspect?  Can mommy?