Penei Sewell OT selected 7th overall

Louis Friend

He has a ton of potential and won't turn 21 until we get into the regular season.  Just as important, we retained Hank Fraley who did a fantastic job with our O-Line last year.  Pairing up a great O-Line coach with a prospect with Sewell's potential could pay a lot of dividends.  Would the coaching staff consider moving Taylor Decker to RT at some point in the future as Sewell advances?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He has a ton of potential and won't turn 21 until we get into the regular season.  Just as important, we retained Hank Fraley who did a fantastic job with our O-Line last year.  Pairing up a great O-Line coach with a prospect with Sewell's potential could pay a lot of dividends.  Would the coaching staff consider moving Taylor Decker to RT at some point in the future as Sewell advances?

As much as I am not very high on Decker, he has been very solid the last couple of years.  So I don't expect a quick move but also could depend on who transitions to the other side better.  Hopefully both are team players and don't get their ego busted by having to play RT. 

• Like 1

Not shocked that Campbell went with a tough and  relentless player like Sewell.

I wanted a trade down but also wanted trenches built so this was a pick I honestly have no complaints about. 

can’t recall last time I didn’t have some negatives about there first round selection....it might have been Suh but I might have had something that worried me there or Calvin. But it’s been a long time 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

if im detroit I think about Decker at G. but im crazy 🤪 im thinking longterm to keep decker here for 8 more years. 

I honestly think they got the player with the highest floor but also the highest ceiling. Very little chance he busts imo, and he has a very good chance to be an all-pro and hall of fame type tackle for this franchise for 10+ years. 

• Like 4