Penei Sewell OT selected 7th overall

Louis Friend

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I knew it was him before opening the article.  He is an ignorant fan and writer.  If there is a consensus about something with the Lions he will always be the contrarian, and is very early on the right side of things. Just an absolutely horrible take.  When Orlando Oace is there, you draft him ahead of a crap shoot QB and a 160lb WR. 

I think Jason Peters is the best comparison for Sewell. They're very similar in terms of measurables and dimensions. But considering the fact that Peters is a 9-time Pro Bowl and 6-time All Pro, you're doing damn well for yourself with him. I think Devonta Smith is going to be an All Pro too. But at the end of the day, Goff's game is reliant on protection, and Sewell is two years younger than Devonta.

I imagine Holmes wants to see what Goff is made of this year. Giving him strong protection should allow him to get a feel for it. If Goff isn't the guy, he has the picks to go get the guy who is. If he is the guy, the Lions have plenty of capital with which to address the WR position.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I knew it was him before opening the article.  He is an ignorant fan and writer.  If there is a consensus about something with the Lions he will always be the contrarian, and is very early on the right side of things. Just an absolutely horrible take.  When Orlando Oace is there, you draft him ahead of a crap shoot QB and a 160lb WR. 

Moron-az is a freaking turd. All of his stuff is hot garbage.. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Sure.. making LT the more premier of the two but a ton of teams are having premier pass rushers lined up on either side. 

again. one you can see one u cant

Granted yes you can turn your head but you get what I mean 🙂

Edited by NFL_Fan

• 2 weeks later...