2021 1st Round Pick - 1.12 - Micah Parsons LB, Penn State

D82

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Joey Ickes is really obnoxious. He loves to tell everyone that “I have private information that I’m not going to tell you”.

And then he claims that he’s not going to tell us because it’s not confirmed. So hacky.

lol. It is a total d-bag move on his part. It wasn’t met well for the most. 

That said, lots of rumor mill war room stuff has come out in past years, so I wouldn’t be surprised if something comes of this as well. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

That said, lots of rumor mill war room stuff has come out in past years, so I wouldn’t be surprised if something comes of this as well. 

Tell him to get his **** together. Draft news in our community is built on reputation, not nonsense like this and then saying he doesn't need to validate this.

Be disappointed in the position and missing out on corners if you want.

But the irrational nonsense about weaknesses in his game just comes across as a hysterical tantrum. 
I’ve watched Micah Parsons since he was a freshman in high school. He is simply a flat out dude who finds the ball and makes an impact. Period. The guy suffered an ankle injury requiring crutches in a state playoff basketball game, and 7 days later went to the Army HS All-American game as a DE and beat the hell out of future NFL OTs, staked a claim as the best defensive player on either team. Then switched positions and led the team in tackles as a true freshman who never played linebacker before in his life and didn’t even start full time until the bowl game. Then became an All-American and put on the most dominant defensive performance of the entire 2019 bowl season in Jerry’s own Stadium before obviously opting out.

The stuff about “read and react” and “off ball linebacker” are way overthinking it based on a narrow-minded view of the situation. He simply flat out balls and is perfect for Quinn’s LEO position. He is not a high IQ player right now because of his infancy at the position, but his instincts are off the charts and he simply has a knack for finding the ball and making the play, even if his “read” isn’t great on the upfront. The amount of force he generates in his rush, in pursuit, and on impact with the ballcarrier is absurd. He runs fast and that’s where any nonsensical comparison to Jaylon Smith should end. 

Parsons is a flat out dude and while it’d be nice to have gotten that type of player at corner, the board simply didn’t fall that way. So to get that type of impact defender *and* an extra top 100 pick is as good as you could possibly hope for. You can check my history and if anything I’m way more conservative in my declarations for Penn State prospects since I’m most familiar with them, but Parsons is the guy that you would want to pick if you were playing a game in the parking lot with everyone who went tonight and just wanted to win. He is that dude. Period. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, D82 said:

He’ll be out of the league in three years.

Our GMs walked out of the draft room with the first round not even over. Didn’t even consider trading back in. God I hate this team.

I know you are antsy, but why on Earth would they consider a trade back into the first round, especially once Newsome was selected?

The board is fat right now. Patience is a virtue.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Joey said to watch Fish’s midnight video to know what he was talking about.

Seems he must have been talking about Dallas potentially being willing to trade away from the CBs and then take Micah anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️